1. Participate in the Monthly PAW May 2018 with a special category for our anniversary!
  2. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Reverie Arc Expectations & Predictions

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by Dustfinger, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

one-piece-reverie.jpg

What are your expectations and predictions on the upcoming Reverie Arc? Share it with us!

Owl, Judgement and Storm chaser like this.
  2. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Omg omg

I hope we will see what happened with the rev. army and Sabo.

Vivi <3

3. Judgement

Tell me... THIS IS ALL JUST SOME JOKE!
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I expect a huge batch of new info, about the different kingdoms, maybe about the ancient weapons and I hope about the Void Century. Although that last subject might be covered more in the Wano Arc, so maybe it will be some kind of bridge from the Reverie Arc to the Wano Arc (if Wano and Reverie aren't both included in one huge arc). Like @Storm chaser, I'm also expecting info about the Revolutionary Army and Dragon/Sabo.

We're gonna see all these older characters again, the Gorosei most likely, maybe a glimpse of Akainu as well. Coby might be playing some kind of role, too.

I really hope we get to see the other Yonkou some more during the end of this arc. Shanks basically announced a meeting with Luffy soon, Kaidou will be a problem during Wano, but Blackbeard will probably still remain in the shadows (as he will function as some kind of ultimate boss, I think).

So, a lot of info, somewhat less action (which is a good thing for now, but also tells me that the Reverie Arc won't be that long of an arc or just part of the Wano Arc), and quite some familiar faces. I am hyped!

4. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Oda's implying something big which means the royals actually agree on something (the norm is petty bickering and everyone focused on themselves). The only thing I can think of is an anti-pirate alliance among the 200+ countries. This puts Alabasta, Drum, Gyojin Island, and Dressrosa in a conundrum (in terms of their Luffy alliance) since they will have to play along for now.

I agree that Oda implied some strong royals from his teaser earlier in the manga so we likely see some future antagonists.

5. Admiral Ryokugyu

Admiral of the Navy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I expect to see an update regarding the Revolutionary Army . Also this seems to be the best opportunity to show Ryokugyu . As @Seiryu said we might see huge decisions taken by the World Government against pirates .

Oda never said that Reverie arc will be short . He only said that Wano will start this year , which could be until November-December . In that case , Reverie would be a 5-6 months arc and it might include many things like a flashback of what happened in Baltigo between Revolutionaries and Blackbeard Pirates , news about Ex-Admiral Aokiji , Impel Down's new reinforced security measures ...

I would love to know more about the CP-0 , and what happened to Germa 66 . Judge is supposed to be present in the Reverie , so i wonder how the Government would react if he's not there . Stussy might tell them what happened .

Lots of theories these days predicting an attack will be launched on Mariejois during this arc , either by Dragon or Kaido . I completely disagree with the first . Dragon is the head of an army , he works secretly and is not captured yet , which implies he's very smart . Him being that smart also means he would never face the World Governmeny that way , attacking Mariejois would bring destruction to the Revolutionaries . I still believe that Dragon has a plan . There are Revolutionary undercover agents and spies working in Marine and even in Mariejois . Dragon will bring down the World Government from the inside .

As for Kaido , this is debatable . X Drake is now Kaido's subordinate . He already captured Caribou . Caribou knows that Shirahoshi is Poseidon . Shirahoshi is going to be in the Reverie . If Caribou tells that to Kaido in exchange for his life , things might go crazy .

If the world comes to know that the Ancient Weapon Poseidon is right there in Mariejois , think of how many will want to get their hands on that weapon . This might start the gigantic war engulfing the entire world , the war that was teased by Oda many times .

Razeo, vinna, ckimbrew and 1 other person like this.
  6. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

Excellent,I completely agree with this.

Emphasis on the secondary events and CP0.It would be very interesting,with the Reverie acting as the reason to do so,for us to finally learn more about CP0 and about what happened concerning all those events that Oda has only given hints for so far.Namely,as Admiral Ryokugyu said,Baltigo,Impel Down and Aojiki.

Admiral Ryokugyu likes this.
  7. Razeo

Expand Collapse

I like this theory. I too think the Reverie is the perfect arc to open a whole new can of worms as far as adding more twists and turns to the plot. An attack on the Reverie sounds plausible by either Dragon or Kaido (both have valid reasons to do so). But regardless of who does its the perfect catalyst to start the great war Oda has touched up on in the past.

Admiral Ryokugyu likes this.
  8. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

As I have talked about a few times in other threads:
    • We're definitely going to hear a lot about Luffy and company
    • With that being said, the majority of the royalty showing up to the Reverie are supporters of Luffy
    • There is going to need to be a physical altercation, it is a Shonen after all
    • Odds are we should get a lot of updates on different marines that are important to us, the readers, and more information on this new Marineford and the direction of Akainu's goals.
    • I still think the Germa and Jinbe slipped out of WCI somehow and we see Judge showing up late at the Reverie
    • If there were ever a time for Dragon to make a move it would be right about now. The Revolutionaries should all be gathered up and I don't think there is a bigger target than the current Reverie.
    • Most people expect us to meet Green Bull
    • I think we might be following Koby as our main character through this arc (I would be fine with that)

9. GoldenVenus

Expand Collapse

I don't think Dragon would attack the Reverie head on. Making a move at the Reverie would be risky, cos they will be heavily guarded. Dragon's calculative. He wants to bring the entire WG down, so a wise plan is to take one step at a time. But it's possible that the Rev. would start making a discreet move once the Reverie started.

10. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I expect this arc to be very political one. I think this is the arc that will connect politics, piracy and underworld together in the same field within the current time of the story. I mean, after this arc, even the leftist Revolutionary Army will be affected by the next moves of the pirates and vice versa. Same with the Celestial Dragons to the pirates and vice versa.

11. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

Alot of old characters making an appearance. Gorosei, Fishman island royalty, albasta royalty, Celestial dragons to name a few.

I have a big feeling someone will betray someone. To me I think it's going to be Karasu. (I got this from someone else) I think he is one of the other 2 Disaters that haven't been introduced. He looks very similar to Jack with the veins somewhat an his attire. Crows are always suspicious in anime. His communication was also off. I dont expect him to hear everyone but them not being able to hear him. So I assume he was talking to someone else more like Kaido or Jack. He only turned in on, on the last page.

As I said Karasu will betray the RA leading to some lower people being captured or even the RA already knowing and being a step ahead of him.

A war was foreshadowed by Kaido & Doffy when he was talking to Tsuru. I expect Kaido to invade.

Shirahosi is going to be kidnapped. I'm sure information about her being a ancient weapon has spread since Caribou (I think it was him) heard about it and got captured by the WG.

Luffy will definitely be brought up after WCI especially his insane bounty which is the highest we've seen in the series.

The WG higher ups will meet up again including the introduction of Green Bull.

We'll learn more about the ancient weapons and the Void Century and probably the Will of D.

I also think CP0 will show up again either as body guards or doing some operation.

GoldenVenus, Storm chaser and Yuuzume like this.
  12. Razeo

Expand Collapse

Is that someone Sawyer7mage? Anyway, regardless of who it was I also agree with this theory because of the points you brought up, I believe Sawyer also brought up Itachi as a point of comparison since he also used crows and was a spy.

I'm definitely expecting Reverie to be a massive dump of world progression info, can't wait!

13. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

Yes it was Sawyer7mage I could not remember at the time an was to lazy to look up who just had to give some credit. It was a great comparison I probably wouldnt have noticed till I read it again.

Same. I definitely expect a lot to be told or at least brought up whether it's in depth or not.

14. servo

Expand Collapse

I think this arc is calling for the end of RA , seems like this way ...

15. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I guess I have to start by welcoming you to the forum! But damn...I really have to be the Debbie Downer here...that's some wishful thinking on purely maximizing action...I actually would say everything except Luffy seems highly unlikely (even that might not come up).

The RA are not going to do anything physically, they are making their announcement. I would be willing to bet it is only a den den mushi feed or a lowly RA hijacking Morgan's printers for the announcement. Oda does not waste character introductions, so Ryokugyu will only come out when he has action in the arc. Reverie was, and is going to be a short mini-arc in the midst of the "state of the world" mini-arc to accommodate for the time of travel to Wano Kuni. With Reverie literally being a mini-arc within a mini-arc, there is no way such dramatic and plot altering events come up. I can 100% agree that it would be awesome as a fan, but astronomically unlikely.
    Welcome to the forum as well! I feel like a broken record, but we literally just got introduced to the RA executives...they are not going anywhere for years of plot (after this little fan service ends, they won't even make another appearance in at least 2ish years).

If there's two new people thinking this, there's got to be some reason I'm missing. Either that or there's just something in the water for people joining on Saturday...

16. servo

Expand Collapse

Well knowing how long OP has draged and Oda is having health issues he may not be able to write thing in same way as he has wanted and I believe it will be Luffy that will conquer everything at the end that includes deafting WC and Yonkos etc .. obviously RA has to full for Luffy to be the eventual winner if RA is going to take down WC what will be left for luffy , just Pirates , I highly doubt that and since RA was always in shadows and now that it has shown it face this will mark the begining of their end. Its just my opinion obviosuly I can only speculate

17. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

First, thank you for the welcome I'm already loving it.

Lol no you're not being a debbie downer. Most of that may not happen. Luffy is almost a guarantee of being brought up. Green Bull is still on the fence as you said he/she may only be introduced when something happens.

I'm still wondering about the RA. If they do something it wont be huge but will make a statement. I believe something similar to Luffy at Eneis Lobby with the flag. Now that I really think about it the Void Century & Will of D wont be dwelled into. However, I think someone will bring the Will of D up. Like a one liner like "Those D's are always causing trouble."

If Shirahosi isn't kidnapped I believe something will be said not necessarily at reverie but someone with knowledge will bring it up.

18. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Ah, I got ya. Per Oda's own statements, the previous diagnoses forced him to take his health seriously (being a husband and father also forced these changes). He now regularly gets "maintenance work" for his health (he definitely can afford the best treatments/practitioners). This was a huge deal with Oda's hospitalization, so I would assume the WSJ execs are keeping him in check. We are probably safe taking Oda at his own word, so I have zero worries about his health. For HxH and Togashi, this is a legitimate concern, but it seems like he just works at a comfortable pace and stops whenever needed.
    Excellent and definitely great to hear!

As for the Shirahoshi aspect, I think Caribou is the type to try to monopolize the inside info for himself. No one else in the world should know Shirahoshi is Poseidon. I think nothing will happen to the entire family unless they decide to leave the World Government.

19. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

Itll be interesting seeing them after all that happened. If caribou doesnt tell I'm sure he's told someone under him. I just cant see him having kept it to himself.

20. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

But he rules by an iron fist. All his crew wouldn't dare leak his precious info. That's assuming they were able to meet up (I thought something happened to their ship underwater; a little vague since I don't pay attention to unnecessary people in the plot).