1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Rock Lee vs Sanji

Discussion in 'Character Battles' started by Owl, Jun 29, 2013.

1. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#21 5kyMarshall, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    You could atleast provide input on the topic.

It may have been an over exaggeration, but opening the eigth gate wouldn't be too far off it. It's stated they can surpass the power of Kages'. But yeh, it's unlikely anyone can travel at the speed of light (Kizaru maybe). Maybe sub-sonic speeds is more accurate.

As for evidence, what do you need? Here's my train of thought. Noting I haven't even seen the show (only the manga and that was months and months ago)
    You have the Raikage's that can go the speed of light (evidence? They can leave after images of themselves) and they use their lighting power to enhance their speed.
    Naruto was suppose to be just as fast when using Jichiriki form
    They all struggled to do much to Madara in the final arc
    Guy Sensei was able to do alot of damage to him when opening the eight gates.

Without going into mathematics and physics. You tell me what speed he is going at to be describe what I am trying to explain?

2. Jawahib

Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

That's probably more of an artistic visual effect than anything you can reliably use as evidence. In all practicality moving at light speed = teleporting, and to that we've only got the likes of Enel, Kuma and Kizaru to compare with.
    So when that conclusion goes, the rest of the argument doesn't look that good about Naruto moving at light speed etc.

At any rate, I agree that Lee wins without a doubt. Even when Sanji's moved fast, we've still seen him in-motion in the anime almost all the time. Lee from his first real fight has forced the animators to use the blur effect to show his speed, which is the kind of thing we see with Gear 2nd.

While I'm sure the speed factor can be reduced greatly by Sanji's proficiency with Obs-Haki, power is also another huge deal. We've seen the 6th Gate (the highest gate we've seen Lee open) create flame with sheer taijutsu (Asakujaku comes to mind, and Leaf Hot Wind, but that's not canon). On the other hand, Sanji has Diable Jambe and Haki. Together they probably close the gap, but we still haven't seen enough of Sanji's Haki to say for sure. At any rate, without Haki Sanji can currently dent like 50cm thick steel with his sheer kicks with no worries (Punk Hazard prison cell). Lee meanwhile has shattered a rock statue with a single punch in the Fourth Gate, and annihilated it again in the 5th Gate. Sadly there aren't any canonical feats I can refer to with his Sixth Gate's power (the references to Fourth and Fifth weren't really canon, but they were in the anime so why not) aside from the group-effort Crane Wing Formation attack.

As I've been writing this I'm realising on paper that actually it's pretty close, but I'd have to round off by referring to Lee's expertise as a ninja, and the overwhelming boost in speed that is gained in the Sixth Gate.

3. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Just did a Google. I made a stupid assumption that lightening (weather) was as fast as the speed of light (I was wrong). But I suppose light is significantly faster. I mean, yeh. Even Dragon Ball Z were impressed with Goku instant transmission to other side of the world, which is basically going to be there instantly.

4. KKG

KKG
    Bigger hentai fan than you
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Rock Lee is the winner here.
    I think chakra is superior to haki in every aspect because it allows them to run above water and hold themselves in trees upsidedown.
    And Rock Lee is far stronger than Sanji in my opinion.
    At least from what i saw in Naruto.