1. Participate in the Monthly PAW May 2018 with a special category for our anniversary!
  2. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Rocky Port: Law and Koby allied!

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by vinna, May 2, 2018.

1. vinna

Expand Collapse

#1 vinna, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
    SO, in chapter 903 (aka last chapter) we've learned that Koby was the hero that protected the civilians during the Rocky Port Incident. And as the community reminded us, was at Rocky Port that Law got a 100 pirate hearts, in order to become a Shichibukai.

Well, looking at it now, I doubt that Law attacked civilians during that incident. It looks like Rocky Port was under pirate attack, this can explain why Koby had to protect people and how Law found that many pirates.

And due to backstorys reasons, they both can surpass the Marines vs Pirates rivalry to do the right thing.

So, that's my theory! Law and Koby made an alliance during the Rocky Port Incident to defeat the pirates, save the fellow people and, on top of that, Law could become a Shichibukai. We can look at this also as another reason to Law chose Luffy in future.

Well, Koby definitely will have a major whole in the story and I think that we'll see he more often during the Reverie. Amazing job, Garp! That weakling become pretty badass.

servo and Tony like this.
  2. Kevz

Yuuzume’s little brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That cool and some evidence but there isn’t much to go off of from there

3. vinna

Expand Collapse

That's true. All we can do is speculate from the fact that both Koby and Law were there and got into some action. But I can imagine a situation where Koby sees himself obligated to approach a pirate to save innocent people.

I'm curious to see a interaction between Law, Koby and Luffy - something that I think that will happen.

4. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

is this the incident where law sent 100 hearts of pirates to the marines? i dont think they worked together tho

5. LordBushido

Expand Collapse

Nice theory there!! But I think they're not necessarily formed an alliance at Rocky Port.. It can be: about 100 pirates havocked at Rocky Port>> Law defeat them all and collect their hearts>> Coby is at Rocky Port (he also fought the pirates) at that time so he gets the credit for protecting people there... That's how marines would spread the news to look good.. Law want to impress the marines to become shichibukai.. and Coby is nowhere near Law's level so he just helped defeat the pirates

6. Admiral Ryokugyu

Admiral of the Navy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

What I thought of is that the Navy spread a big lie like they did after the events of Alabasta . Luffy saved the country and yet they said that Smoker was the one who fought Crocodile .

In this case , what if Law was the one who saved the civilians from pirates , but as Marines were there as well , including Koby , the Navy lied and said that Koby was the one who did it .

7. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

We dont really know much of it. I do believe Coby saved civilians tough.

Nice theory, could see it happening, cause Law saved Luffy at marine for and Coby knew that.

8. vinna

Expand Collapse

That's Oda: just two lines given with a ton of chapters between each one and there are a lot of plausible theories.

9. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree with y'all, I think it's just some alternate facts at work.

10. servo

Expand Collapse

Thats nice speculation and I believe Oda will raise the curtains on this incident at some point