1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Rogers Devil Fruit.

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by All Anime, Jun 28, 2018.

1. All Anime

Give Justice to Sanji San not raid suit.
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I just came across a theory if Roger had a devil fruit and what the Devil Fruit might be.
    Firstly there have been very interesting evidence and suggestions that Roger did not have any Devil Fruit such as the time with Buggy and Shanks as new member of pirate kings crew had little to no idea about Devil Fruits and also it seems that Roger had wooden and not seastone cuffs at the time of execution.

But to counter there have also been strong indications if he had a DF such as the time when he was talking to Garp to help him with his kid he lit up the torch and the time when he faced Shiki.

1) So the lighting of torch indicates a strong possibility of him having the Mera Mera Nomi. Which also makes sense since Ace got this fruit being a newbie (Logias are rare and we have seen this type of DF with people as strong as the Admirals)

2) Since Shanks was carrying the Gomu Gomu Nomi with him it is possible that Straw wasn't the only thing Shanks was carrying with him which belonged to the PK. Since it is widely considered that luffy inherits Rogers will, it is quite possible that he might also be carrying his DF. But to how possible this might look there have been no reactions from the people who have fought Roger in the past seeing luffy use it.

3) But the craziest of all the possibility that Roger may have had the DF that Dragon is using right now which could possibly be Wind Logia/ Paramecia or mythical zoan Dragon based on what we have seen with the manipulation in weather Dragon does wherever he went. Now this could have happened due to 2 reasons
    A) Since people like Doflamingo, Caesar and few others who knows what happens to the DF once a DF user dies it is very much possible Dragon knew it too, being an excellent strategist, being the most wanted man, and a former Admiral must have accounted for access such type of information. Anyways he planned to get the Devil Fruit at the time of his execution and hence he was present there. He had no tattoos back then too which suggests that RA was not formed back then but that's how he got the DF and in some period of time he might have fought Akainu where the WG learned that Dragon had Roger fruit and hence increasing his bounty and making him the most wanted man

B) Dragon was an Admiral at the time of Rogers execution and the WG Dragon the fruit but later on Dragon learned something of WG may be the National Treasure of Mary joise leading to him turning against the Celestial dragons and hence becoming the world's most wanted man.

Not my theory but I had some ideas of my own and wanted to share, Thanks for reading and share you opinion on this.

Seiryu likes this.
  2. amuitatuseru

Expand Collapse

Wait a second. Dragon was a former admiral? Could you please direct me towards the source of that statement?

All Anime likes this.
  3. All Anime

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Well I got mixed up in facts and theories, pardon me. But the theory still goes while assuming he was an admiral or atleast some marine official we cant expect Garp to just let his son become a criminal. I dont think he became a Pirate (i dont see a reason for him). I think he formed the RA because he found out something very strange and disturbing about the WG and no one just finds that out, he has to be atleast an admiral to get access to such info in my opinion. Here the pic attached also something to support the comment.

Attached Files:

Penguin likes this.
  4. Penguin

Captain Law's best subordinate
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

wow, dragon is a former admiral? that's a quite interesting theory. But i think i couldn't happen because if he was once an admiral, the world must have known him as a former navy which in the story, that news never pass to everyone. i think it's a little weird to have someone your former admiral and after he turn against the world government, the title admiral from him was forgotten forever.

that was just my opinion against your opinion. keep up the good theory, man!

5. All Anime

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah its a little weird that there was no mention of this yet, for this to be true. But i always wondered for four seas there are 4 yonkos then why does they have only 3 Admirals, I mean all the talk about Worlds Balance and you are messing up your numbers, but i guess that is how it is in one piece or maybe the would count the fleet admiral to the numbers or something.

GoldenVenus likes this.
  6. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

they have 4 admirals now

7. All Anime

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

yes
    1) Fujitora
    2) Kizaru
    4) Ryokugu

8. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

condoriano?

GoldenVenus likes this.
  9. All Anime

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Condoriano is too OP to be an admiral
    He is way up on the ladder

qRHEYw0.png

ZakNik and GoldenVenus like this.
  10. GoldenVenus

Reigning Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I'll have to read and watch that part in the prison again cos I can't really remember.

So you're saying there's a possibility that Roger might've been the previous user of mera mera no mi or Dragon's df. I've never really thought about him having mera mera no mi, because if he had it, people would've been talking about it. If he had a df, I was hoping it's not some overpowered df cos that makes his title as the pirate king just... meh. Based on what people said about him, I had the assumption that he relied on his physical strength more, like Luffy.

However, I can't really ignore the scene during his prosecution where it shows they were using wooden handcuffs on him. Unless, like some theories said, he might really be a df user but made some sort of a deal with the WG/Marine, which I think doesn't make sense because there's no way they'd allow a df user, a pirate, and a pirate king to top it off, to be walking without a sea stone cuff on him. Which is why most people assume he didn't have a df. Unless there's actually a way to retract a devil fruit from its user alive, which doesn't make sense either cos he was dying anyway.

On a side note, I actually like the theory of Dragon being the former admiral, since like you said, it's quite strange for the admirals to be only three and not four. There were a few interesting old theories about this. But yeah, if he was an admiral, people would've talked about it, but it could also be because they were forbidden from mentioning him because of his status as the most wanted criminal. If you noticed they didn't really talk much about him whenever RA was mentioned. Just that Dragon is dangerous and the leader of the group. But I guess we have to see more of Dragon to talk more about this theory.

11. All Anime

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Here is the anime I am confident that they did not draw the lamp part in manga

12. Kreydens

Expand Collapse

What about Apis' fruit? Whisper. Roger could hear voice of all things.