1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Section Intro & Theories Template

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Skivar, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Skivar

Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

#1 Skivar, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    What Is The Theories Section?
    This section is a place to share your theories about the One Piece manga and anime. Any and all theories are welcome, although extra effort on the poster’s end is appreciated.

Now that i’ve gotten what the Theories section is out of the way, i’m going to include a sample template for making theories.
    Note: Your theory format may vary, and that the template is only for reference purposes.

Have A Cool Title
    You want to give your thread a title that grabs peoples’ attentions. A good theory can be missed if you don’t give a good first impression.

Provide Background Information
    Explain why this theory is relevant and should be considered as a possible outcome in the story. Tell the community what circumstances led you to formulating the theory and what aspects of the plot it would enhance.

Go Into Detail
    Usually, one or two words of description are not adequate to give everyone a good understanding of what the theory is about. Put in the effort to communicate what the theory is and what the consequences to the story would be.

Explain How It Works
    Depending on the theory, you may have to explain how aspects of it would work. For example if you suggest a theory on Gear 6th, it would be a good idea to layout the mechanics of the form.

Cite Sources
    Try to find reference points in the story that support your theory. It will give your theory more credibility if there are points in the story that back it up.

Be Nice
    At the end of the day, none of us know what is going through Oda’s head. Different people will have different visions of where the story might go. Take people’s reactions with a grain of salt and do not be condescending towards other forum members.

If anyone wants to look at example theories I would recommend checking out the theories from @Fire_Fist_Recca as they have consistently good content.

Hope this thread helps :)

2. Skivar

Expand Collapse

@Fire_Fist_Recca I would love to hear your feedback on this thread, especially the template portion of it.

3. Fire_Fist_Recca

Expand Collapse

I agree with this one. no offense to anyone but as we can see now in the theory sections there are so many threads that you cannot consider as a theory because it doesn't have an evidence to support it. many threads are just like a wild speculations and ides without solid evidence to prove it.
    I really like this idea, it will make the theory section clean and organize and the guests and members will can easily find theories which contains enough and solid evidence to support it.

Skivar likes this.
  4. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This might be an overall good idea! It might get the new people that joins from writing theory's though which is not a good thing no matter how you look at it,
    If you ask me you don't need valid proves to make a theory, a theory in my eyes is all what you personaly hope/think will happend in the future.
    Since only Oda knows what's gonna happend noone can actually provide real evidence to back up any of their theory's.
    this is just my point of view to this matter cheers! :)

5. Fire_Fist_Recca

Expand Collapse

theory needs to have evidence or valid proof because you need to analyze the set of facts in their relation to one another. Logically speaking we can't consider an idea to call it theory if it doesn't have any evidence to support. I would suggest that we should have another section for One Piece ideas which don't have any valid proof and evidence to support their ideas so that the theory section will be neat and organize.

6. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I understand your points in all this, but i don't agree with you. I see people finding so called evidence from religion based stuff and emply that Oda is making his story based on that, but how can people really know that?
    For all we know he can get an idea while he is making a huge dumb on the toilet without any referance with religion or any other story based stories from the past!

7. Skivar

Expand Collapse

@Fire_Fist_Recca thanks for replying to this thread! :)

This was why I included the follow portion:
    I can edit the post to add emphasis to this portion if you'd like.