1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Shanks and his relation with the 5 elders

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by Fujitora, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Fujitora

Expand Collapse

I’ve had this theory roaming around since we last saw Shanks meeting the 5 elders.

So here goes.

I think Shanks is a spy that’s been assigned to infiltrate the WG by Roger.

I believe once Roger conquered the Seas, he realized that he was not the one that would bring about change.

So He redid his Journey and through out this time he assists the one that is supposed to bring up this change.

1 example; Why would he leave a note on the side of a Pony-glyph encouraging and letting the one know who can read it that he’s gonna guide this message to the end?

He’s clearly assisting them throughout this journey and I believe while he left these hints and guides in inanimate form he also left a few in animate form.

A clear one being Rayleigh and him training Luffy.

A not so clear one is him recognizing the danger the WG possesses but as Rayleigh said, it was something they couldn’t do anything about.

So what Roger did was assign a mission to his apprentice Shanks who best suits this job because he is young.

So here is the kicker, Roger knew he was going to die so while knowing what he knows about WG, he has Shanks ‘sell him out’ to the WG and go to them (precisely the 5 elders somehow) and tell them that he’s going to hand Roger over to them and from there he became a spy among pirates for the WG.

That was the start of his relationship with the 5 Elders and this last appearance of his is just him coming telling them more information. He definitely doesn’t make frequent visits.

So why did Roger have him do that? Simply so He can be of use to Luffy against the WG and bringing about this change that he’s destined to accomplish.

The 5 elders soon after that moved and met Im-sama, so perhaps Shanks is gonna get some info on him.

------------

Nice visiting the forum once in awhile :)

Seiryu likes this.
  2. Glaze D. Bacon

Light it up.
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Or perhaps the 5 Elders simply respected Shanks' power as an Emperor, and that alerting Mariejois would be a big waste of time?

3. Johannes

Expand Collapse

just like what Blackbeard did to Ace to earn the Shichibukai title! It's possible that Shank's is a spy...

4. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I agree to a certain extent, but I would lean towards the stereotypical theme of destiny/fate. Roger could not and is not planning all of these little details. Shanks is following his own beliefs and maintaining the peace/balance of powers until Luffy can mature (I mean this is apparent from the first episode of Shanks giving Luffy the prized mugiwara-boushi). Same goes for Rayleigh. He took a liking to Luffy and wants to see him carry out the full destiny that he and Roger could not (probably more to do with Roger's terminal illness and a lack of time). I think Luffy and Oda would think this predetermined plan would make for a "boring adventure".

5. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

This might actually be possible, and so Shanks will not be considered as a bad person too.
    many people worry about Shanks being a evil person. but looking at your theory it makes me feel good about Shanks being connected to 5 elders but not with them :)

6. Hallowed King

Expand Collapse

I support Seiryu's statement. I believe that Shanks' relationship with the elders is an attempt to help maintain the balance until such a time someone (Luffy) can make a big enough impact to start a change. From there it's entirely possible that Shanks may reveal his plan (if he does have one) or ultimately pick a side.

7. TiedyEPIC

Expand Collapse

I feel like, if anything, shanks could be with a 3rd party. He is to much of a loner to be a spy, just isn't like him.