1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Shanks and the world government (Manga)

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Qweezy, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Qweezy

Expand Collapse

#1 Qweezy, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    "I want to talk to you about a certain pirate." The words created questions, created a question after a question and made all the readers of One Piece Manga completely perplexed. In my expectation that this pirate is ...
    First of all, there is an important question to ask, and the Gerousi have asked it to Shanks, why exactly this time? What could not be postponed beyond the meeting and had Shanks to come quickly to the Gerousi?
    Second: How can the Shanks enter legally and confidently a place where there is a force to bring down a Yonko with his full power, let if he is all alone if he is to be a summit for the WG. Shanks is in a place which contains the former fleet Admiral and his vice, the current fleet Admiral and the admirals, even vice Admirals With the expectation of some Shibukai who rule countries like Boa Hancock, how would he come with such confidence to a place that could be his tomb?
    Thirdly: What does the Gerousi judge and trust him to the extent that makes them sit alone with him without fear of themselves, what is this boldness??!
    Yonko Shanks is powerful, and as I assume that Shanks is not a person who resorts to the WG to help him, we saw that he was able to stand alone against the strongest creature in the worldand stopping him from coming to the Marineford, went and stood in the face of the strongest man in the world, was able to stop the biggest war in the history of the great era of the pirates, also challenged the black beard in front of everyone, this man seems to seek help from the WG?

So, based on what I said earlier, that pirate who wants Shanks to talk about a pirate who caused a new sensation and sudden chaos, the Pirate which called Shanks for the emergency meeting with the Gerousi, he is Straw Hat Monkey de Luffy. The creation and rise of the fifth Emperor, who is characterized by the intrusion and his desire to conquer and overthrow the Yonkos, a person who destroys and plays the balance of power in the new world, a person who saw in the manga cover pages pages that even the areas of Shanks did not escape the intrusion of his followers, does not this person deserve the emergency meeting to talk about? Someone for whom a powerful force in the new world will meet, is not this someone worthy of an emergency meeting? As for the rest of the questions about the relationship between the Gerousi and other questions, in my view that the government of the world have debt to pay to Shanks and especially the Navy, we saw how Kizaru immediately knew and recognised Ben Bekman, we also saw that the Navy was in the most difficult moments when fighting with WB and yet did not use this to destroy the Marines which any other Yonko would do, Instead he decided to stop a war that was considered a war to drain the Marines.

Now, after reading this chapter, I have changed my view of some of the positions of Shanks, I hope you read them also from my point of view
    Shanks: I think sKanks stopping Kaido from coming to the Marineford was for the benefit of the Marines and not the WB. After I read this chapter I managed to know Kaido better, Kaido is not stupid to stand with the first natural enemy of the Pirates against the WB. We have seen that Kaido does not accept the entry and interference of BM and doesn't want her to get Luffy, will he accept the intervene of another person and who wants to kill his rival? Then we saw how WB had managed to convince the Buggie crew to stand up with him. I bet that if the WB used the same words he said to Baggie with Kaido, especially this phrase, "You can defeat me later" Kaido with no doubt would fully stand for WB. But Shanks is the person who stood beyond this meeting, what did Shanks say to Kaidu? I don't believe that Kaido who told BM that he would kill her if she came after Luffy will get afraid of someone who is prohibiting him from getting to his first rival. Did Shanks promise that he would ensure the safety of the WB I can not find another explanation for this.

Questions that arises and is still going on, is Shanks a traitor? Or is he is an evil pirate? If the government of the world own him one, what is that favour? Or are the Gerousis traitors to the Celestial Dragons? How did he in the first place entered without getting spoiled or revealed? All there are questions which need to be answered which were existed in our brains by a unpredictable author........

Behnam and Seiryu like this.
  2. Mosshead

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I dont know how much on topic this is but I think that if shanks comes off as an "EVIL" pirate he will simply just be a normal pirate if you know what I mean.. He is a Yonko .. That reputation isn't just a status.

Also when Shanks intercepted Kaido on his way to Marineford I think Shanks exchanged Kaido information about wano hence why Kaido is "Invaiding" Wano Kuni right now. but idk

3. Qweezy

Expand Collapse

Yes I understand, he is a pirate, but despite of whether a pirate he is good or bad in the community eyes, what Shanks is doing right now is a betrayal,discussing about a pirate witg the WG isn't a normal thing to be done by a pirate if youget what I mean.
    About Kaido, I don't believe that a Kaido will let anything get in his way when dealing with an enemy and especially if he is a rival, not Wano even and we saw that Shanks is ready to fight a Yonko on Luffy ehat about if he was WB?

4. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

I dont think Shanks is there to talk about Luffy though.
    Too obvious.

5. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree.
    He looks serious and mad, kinda hard to think he would mention Luffy with that atmosphere around him.

6. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Agree i do believe it too that he will talk about luffy. Luffy was recently just named as one of the emperors and of course shanks will see the news. He even said the time of their meeting is coming to a close. So shanks wants to talk to the gorosei and maybe say dont interfere with me and luffys meeting. We all know the marines and wg are always on red alert when two yonkous communicate or meet just like what happened when kaidou and big mom were talking via den den mushi and when shanks and wb talked. maybe shanks will intercept luffy before he reaches wano. Why? because he thinks luffy is not yet strong enough to defeat that thing.

7. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

I may hate her, but she's good waifu material
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Probably talking about Blackbeard

8. Qweezy

Expand Collapse

If he is talking about BlackBeard, why did he chose to use this specific time to talk? BlackBeard has been a Yonko for long, what will happen if Shanks waited after the reverie to talk about him, nothing will matter. If the pirate Shanks is talking about has been in a steady position for long time like BlackBeard, hw wouldn't take risks to xome to maregoas in this sensitive time. The reason I said that Shanks is talking about Luffy is that has recently made a chaos and became an emperor which is affecting the new world balance.

bandurista24 likes this.
  9. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

T

True its definitely about luffy

Qweezy likes this.
  10. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

Unless Shanks just found out some new information about Blackbeard. He seems to be the only one who takes Blackbeard more seriously than normal.

11. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Luffy isint an emperor tough. :-)

12. Qweezy

Expand Collapse

Despite of he is or he isn't, it was announced in the newspaper with a heck of a bounty.

13. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

Katakuri has a 1.1 billion bounty. Jack the drought has a 1 billion bounty. You really think the difference in bounty of a commander and a Yonkou is 400-500 million?

14. Qweezy

Expand Collapse

I didn't say that he is a Yonko, and this is not the case, but it was written that he is a Guko "Fifth Emporer" who ruined things up for BM. Despite of whether he is an Emperor or not, he is playing and ruining the powrrs balance in the new world.

Blacky Rose likes this.
  15. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

Copy an pasted answer so if i didn’t cover everything you mentioned that’s why.

The reason i believe he is there is because of Blackbeard. I don’t think it’s Rocks because they literally just came up in the same chapter. I don’t believe Oda would allow them to be mentioned and have shanks talking about them in the same chapter just my opinion. I believe it’s Blackbeard an he is doing more than we’re being told. Shanks obviously has some kind of grudge with him because of the scars. But Blackbeard killed Thatch a yonkos crew mate , fought an captured the son of Roger, broke into Impel down an let loose level 6 prisoners who were supposed to be erased from HISTORY, attacked marine Ford with said prisoners, killed a yonko, stole said yonkos DF now having 2, got a former admiral on his side, has been going EVERYWHERE stealing peoples devil fruits through unknown means, destroyed the RAs former home base, then fought CP0. That’s honestly the most we know of pretty much any pirate doing in the short span we know, 2nd only to Luffy an we only see that because he is the main character i still don’t think the things he’s done stacks up to BB. I’m sure he is causing Shanks some kind of trouble. He also knew Luffy would be doing the things he is maybe not to this extent because he knew he would be similar to Roger.

I believe the gorosei are talking to him because he is a highly respected man. Unlike most pirates we’ve seen even other Yonko he seems to be the most laid back an doesn’t cause muchtrouble if any. It’s just a respect thing between them. I do believe Shanks has more to him than shown but nothing evil. I believe he doesn’t mind allying himself with an enemy to take care of another enemy/problem. “The enemy of my enemy is my friend”. An that’s how i believe Shanks is working at this current moment. I think B.B. is doing more than we think he is an it willcause worldly problems that will effect everyone an not just the WG. Shanks realizes this an knows somethingneeds to be done but he knows it can’t be done with his crew alone.

16. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

So are the rest of the Worst Generation. we just don't know it because they aren't main characters. Like Bege plotting to kill Big Mom....if not for Luffy, he would have got the accolades for that.

Storm chaser likes this.
  17. Rika24

Expand Collapse

But when Luffy's new bounty was released, shanks looked angry when saying it was almost time to meet (at least to me it did).

18. Ace Moonwalker

Expand Collapse

What if Shanks poisoned Whitebeard to weaken him and now he's looking to the Gorosei so they may return the favor and target Blackbeard

19. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

Nah....Shanks is an honorable guy.

20. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I guess Oda is having exactly what he wanted with all these people questioning Shanks. Copy-pasting too: Oda will probably stick to moral being staying moral (the tangent and exception of Pudding just goes back to WCI B.S.). My bias is that the Gorosei respect Shanks because he helps them maintain the peace. Despite being enemies, because they have mutual desires, they literally have a "work relationship". They do talk "down" to Shanks, but Shanks is accepting of his "lower" role (more Japanese language technicalities).

The Red Hair crew defeated the 100 Beast crew in a very short span of time (which is why I've always believed the 100 Beast crew is only Kaidou/Jack and the "weaklings" of Gifters and Pleasures). Shanks being willing to help maintain the balance of power (probably in the past as well), is the basis of the "work relationship" he has with the Gorosei. They respect each other, and that is why they can meet to discuss topics mutually beneficial to both of them.