1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Shingeki No Kyojin Chapter 122

Discussion in 'Shingeki no Kyojin' started by billoni, Oct 4, 2019.

1. billoni

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Marco Polo likes this.
  2. Yeah You

|Queen|
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Haven't read Shingeki no Kyojin for a while and I decided to take a shortcut and read this chapter...

Oh boy, now I gotta re-read it from the beginning. Amazing chapter.

Anjo likes this.
  3. Marco Polo

「DREAM STATE」
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

Depending on where you left off, you've potentially missed a lot...

Anyway HOT DAMN, another incredible chapter. We finally find out the mystery of Ymir... She's no evil sorceress that made a deal with a devil, just a poor, lost girl who wanted to be useful to someone. The spinal-looking thing she came in to contact with is interesting - that entire sequence reminded me of Pan's Labyrinth for some reason?

It looks like Eren's dead, based on the way his spinal cord's been yanked from his body, but with the Wall Titans coming out, it looks like it's all over for everyone... or is it?

4. Pacquiao8

62-7-2 (39 KO)
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

I forgot the details, but isn't that Queen Historia still pregnant? I have a feeling that the baby in the final chapter (one of the final panel spoiled by Isayama) is her daughter which is a reincarnation of Ymir.

That organism came out of nowhere. Where did that originated from? Is it the sole being of its kind?

5. billoni

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

I think there still quite a few questions unanswered about the titans but probably we will learn everything soon.

I don't think Eren is dead. To me it seemed like Eren's spinal cord reconnected his body to his head, meaning that he is revived, probably something like what happened with Zeke before when he was critically injured

Marco Polo likes this.
  6. Yeah You

|Queen|
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

I'm catching up as fast as I possibly can

Marco Polo likes this.
  7. Tony

Unknown Member
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Same here. It looks like he's transforming in a giant titan as well, possibly because he gained full control of the coördinate now due to Ymir choosing to help him. I think Eren will end up finding a way to stop Eldians from turning into Titans forever. This would free Ymir, possibly stop the war and will be coherent with Eren's goal at the beginning of the series: to wipe out all titans. Ofcourse this would result in getting himself (and probably Armin) killed, making the ending bittersweet.

Marco Polo likes this.
  8. Marco Polo

「DREAM STATE」
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

Oh, that’s a good point. It’s the spinal region that needs to stay intact in Shifters, so he could probably regenerate from here. I wonder if he’ll turn in to his “usual” Titan or if he’ll have a new form thanks to Ymir?

9. Booker

Not A Member
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

A single giant tree in the middle of an otherwise normal forest that harbours a thing/being that is heralded as the source of everything biological.
    Interesting, considering there are forrests of giant trees all over Paradis, that still lack any kind of explanation.
    Though troubling to see that this thing is what created the Titans, as I doubt that we'll get anymore explanation than that this thing exists/existed, that it attached itself to Ymir and that this is the way Titans came to be. Really no hope there to get to know what it is, how it can create matter out of nothing, create an entirely seperate realm or how to act out from the afterlife or whatever it is, etc., etc.
    Though it is interesting to see that the Eldians and the People of Ymir have not always been the same.

So now we have the Wall Titans activated and, apparentely, the shifter transform into something else as well, considering the thing Rainer has become in the final page and Eren's eerie regeneration.
    Let's see where this is going. Let us see what Grisha saw in Eren's future memories.