1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Shingeki No Kyojin Chapter 97 - From One Hand To The Other

Discussion in 'Past Chapters & Episodes' started by Booker, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

SnK chapter 97 is out!

[​IMG]

You can read it here:
    Mangastream

2. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Isayame really cranked the art up to 11 on the first few pages.
    Really good to see, especailly in conjunction with Annie and Kenny appearing.
    Also interesting to see that Annie could go up against an awakened Ackerman like this. Kenny didn't go all out for sure, but still a nice potrayel of Annie.
    It also makes her joining the MP more intersting , if put into retrospective with these new information.
    Her serving under Kenny would've been an interesting scenario.

The gags between the boys were fine, but could've been toned down a bit considering that it merely served as transition. Unless Isyame wanted to throw some old faces around.
    I mean, it certainly wasn't for us to see Reiner bonding. We know he did.

Annie's and Rainer's different takes on the situation was also interesting.
    Especially because she is the one who wants to give up by now and Rainer is the one who keeps on pressing forward.

The final thoughts when Rainer is getting ready to kill himself also only enforce that he bonded with Eren and the others for real. I mean, it's absoultely not a surprise anymore, but still, that he thinks about helping Eren, the death of Marco, killing Sunny and Bean with Annie, his last moments with Bertholdt; we see what holds significant to him in his "final moments".
    Sad that the art can't keep up with the initial pages in this important moment though.
    Though that Falco is the one who keeps Rainer going. Falco, who is a tool to protect Gabi from certain, premature death and her becoming even more of a tool for Marley.

Falco talking with Eren is nice and it is interesting to see that he has his regeneration under control to such an extend. Yet did he also have more than enough time to train his abilities in the last years and he, like Rainer, has to make his final push, considering that he is going to die rather soon.
    So using Falco and his situation like this is certainly a nice move.
    Just wanna know what Paradis did in the last years and who else is on the mainland.

So the Taybar family is ruling Marley.
    So we have Eldians, controlling Marleyans, even though they do not use that power, who are fine with letting the Marleyans opressing the Eldians and waging war agains their own race and everyone else.
    I just hope we get to know the real history soon, as well as more information on the "origin of all living things" or however it was called. I mean, if anyone, then the Taybar family should know it.
    Now we also know who the Warhammer Titan is and that they feel more at fault for the current situation rather giving fault to the Fritz lineage. Also an interesting point.

Sad to see that we have a break next week, now that stuff starts going strong.

3. Marco Polo

ダサい
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I forgot to comment here but it was a pretty intense chapter, especially the Reiner parts

I'm curious about Eren's lack of leg though, I thought his parts just grew back normally? Unless he's cutting his leg off every time it regenerates