1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Shokugeki no Soma - General Manga Discussion

Discussion in 'Shokugeki no Soma' started by Kyros, Sep 25, 2014.

1. 4thBlade

Ice Prodigy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Maaaan. The manga is just so interesting when Shinomiya senpai is included. or it's just me. XD

menma likes this.
  2. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Things slowed down quite a bit, but I guess the authors are trying to milk this event for as long as they can. I think this came up before, but the technical skills to be a "chef" are quite simple. So learning the fancy techniques for 5-star cuisine like Tsukasa (I think that's the 1-seat's name) is something the could have gotten during the train ride. The creativity for the 1st years is key, so maybe even Takumi gets a moment to shine.

menma likes this.
  3. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#443 menma, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    Yes Shinomiya is also one of my favorite characters, i prefer when he appear, also why there probably was made a sequal with him.

Actually i don't think they are slowing down quite a bit in this part, in my opinion they shouldn't rush showing us how and what they were training. When it comes to the Shokugekis though i don't mind they rush the voting more than they have done so far, no need for 3 chapter to find a winner after they finnished their dishes.

In my opinion they have to win by creativity and teamwork, i think we will see the 3 first years work together at some point. This chapter was good in my opinion and i hope we will see more to Megumi's training with Shinomiya and not just skipping it.
    In my opinion we need to see the training that can justify how they can win against the E10 members.

I'm still dissapointed over the fact that Tsukasa and Rindou got too "tired" after a single Shokugeki i just can't make sense of it...

@Marco Polo can we make this thread a manga only or anime only?

Seiryu, Marco Polo and 4thBlade like this.
  4. Marco Polo

ダサい
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

#444 Marco Polo, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    We'll make this the manga thread since Season 3 is coming out soon
    I should have the capability to do that here, if not I'll get Kyros on it

EDIT: Changed ^_^

Seiryu likes this.
  5. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Alright no need for spoiler tags...

@menma I felt like the past few chapters had "empty content". Maybe it's because I read them all at once. Felt like not much happened. I would hope we see the full training. Oda always does a great job of teasing then building up for the climax so I would assume the same format is being used.

I completely agree on the physical and mental exhaustion. More of a rational way for the short term win but need for a rematch later. Doesn't change it being B.S.

menma likes this.
  6. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Hmm i would not compare Shokugeki with One piece. the build up in the arcs are completely different from one another, Oda is good at building up for the climax because it is less predictable, while Shokugeki is really predictable.
    Probably also why you feel that the past few chapters have had empty content because it was easy to predict who won the shokugekis and who didn't.
    There is very few authors that makes flashbacks stories like Oda, most mangas i've read the flashbacks are most of the times max 2 chapters and very short, while Oda's flashback stories are like a little arc for itself.

The author could simply just say they were sitting out the next match and i wouldn't had minded it one bit, but go and say it's because they are physical and mental exhausted is just bullshit and nothing els.
    Bieng a chef is a tough job, specially when you are the leading chef in a kitchen. You gotta have the stamina for it no doubt about that, but if you get exhausted after only cooking a single dish, then you're just not made for bieng a chef, wether if it is in real life or a manga in my opinion.

Seiryu likes this.
  7. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Haha...I follow so few series that everything gets compared to One Piece standards.

I'm definitely not going to argue against the B.S. aspect of the cooks excessively going "all out", but I'm pretty sure I said it here that it is probably only for the sake of a "legitimate" rematch later in the series. They want to explain a rational win for Souma, but still have the ultimate goal of being the top seat. I don't like it one bit either, but I can understand the reason to include it. If it isn't, the rest of the series is kind of empty. He's technically 1st seat level otherwise (Erina is a better judge with more technique/knowledge, but roughly the same from what little she cooked; and we already have seen the top of the second years).

8. 4thBlade

Ice Prodigy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Nothing much to say here, another introductory + flashback chapter. Still cool tho, what i really liked was the swordsmen face-off page. Hype!

Seiryu likes this.
  9. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I would really hate to see all three 1st years win (the trash talk on sweeping the third round makes me lean that way). Megumi should be the one to lose rationally, but the whole Shinomiya aspect almost guarantees a win. Gotta agree that the duel aspect was a great touch for the chapter though.

10. Marco Polo

ダサい
    Expand Collapse

I could see Soma being the only rebel that gets through this round, given that his opponent is supposedly fatigued; Takumi and Megumi will likely show development, but I don't think they're Elite Ten level just yet. Unless the "teamwork wins" trope comes out again, this round could end badly

Seiryu and 4thBlade like this.
  11. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I would agree rationally, but my personal bias is that I think it is excessive B.S. to have Souma win a majority of the matches himself. Sure we have Erina and slacker-boy, but Souma probably gets a break next round with someone from his side losing so that he has a rematch with the top seat. Too lazy to think out the numbers/match up mechanics, but Souma doing most of the work kills the plot since it is all about the team improving from learning from each other.

4thBlade likes this.
  12. 4thBlade

Ice Prodigy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, shuffling should be done per round. I want to see isshiki senpai again!

Seiryu likes this.
  13. 4thBlade

Ice Prodigy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The samurai reference is just awesome. Haha. Damnit. So cool.

Anyway, who're the guys of the 92nd generation again? I cant remember.

14. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The 92nd generation is Souma's generation. Will post more later tonight since i am sitting in crete

Seiryu and 4thBlade like this.
  15. sweetjacky

Purrrrple Kitty
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I really wonder what Sōma is coming up with, same with the Sushi Samurai. So far all the dishes in this arc were amazing so I'm sure this will too xD I'm looking forward to Takumi's battle as well.

And also, I totally want this awesome volume!!! *-*

IMG_20170923_122727.png

Seiryu and Marco Polo like this.
  16. Marco Polo

ダサい
    Expand Collapse

Soma vs Saitou should be fun, they've both opened with really weird ingredients

This battle should be the best one yet, Soma and Megumi already had the teamwork down to a T 200 chapters ago, adding Takumi in there should make it even funner

Seiryu likes this.
  17. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Nothing to add but @Marco Polo that's a hilarious profile pic. Other than th butt implants and or photoshopping, literally made me lol.

Marco Polo likes this.
  18. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'm attempting to catch up on this series. Anyone else ever struggle to read chapters you've already seen the anime of?

Seiryu likes this.
  19. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yes i always struggle to read something i already watched, in my opinion season 2 is really bad compared to the manga but that is just my opinion.

Seiryu likes this.
  20. D Robinson

Expand Collapse