1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Shokugeki no Soma - General Manga Discussion

Discussion in 'Shokugeki no Soma' started by Kyros, Sep 25, 2014.

1. sweetjacky

Purrrrple Kitty
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Normally that never happens to me if I really like something I can read it a few times xD Didn't watch the anime of SnS but I'll re read it soon and I don't think I'll struggle because it's one of my favorites :D

Seiryu likes this.
  2. 4thBlade

Ice Prodigy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

not for me. There are plenty of animes which i've seen already but read the manga afterwards.

Seiryu likes this.
  3. 4thBlade

Ice Prodigy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Anyway. Fcking eizan. What a douche. Welp, great chapter! The beginning was really cool, the three of them coordinating well was just epic.

Seiryu likes this.
  4. D Robinson

Expand Collapse

The beginning is the best part of this chapter.

Seiryu likes this.
  5. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Poor Takumi looks like the sacrificial lamb for a re-match of Souma and Eizan. I'm actually quite content with the teamwork being the factor to overcome the talent discrepancy, since the alternative is B.S. "power-ups". Things are still predictable, but the dishes themselves are definitely legit, so I can understand having to do extensive research/experimenting in real life.

6. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#466 menma, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Have to disagree. I doubt that Takumi will end up loosing this fight because of 2 factors.
    1st. We haven't seen Takumi win a real shokugeki against anyone so far, so if he's to continue to be Souma's rival he needs to win this match

2nd. I doubt that the Author will have a shokugeki between Souma and Eizan were there is something els on the line than their pride, if it will happend at all since the first shokugeki was not well recieved with the audience in Japan.

If anyone is to loose in this bout i think it will be Megumi, though i highly doubt that anyone will be loosing in this bout.
    They will win on teamwork is my bet.

This was a good chapter. Nene was really cute in this chapter and her conversation with Kuga was funny.
    I really wonder what exactly she ment with if Souma is just a 1st year?

Rest of the chapter was alright nothing surprising teamwork and that Takumi were stealing at his stagiaire is not surprising.

Looking forward to all these 3 matches and hope we will see them all display and not just Soumas.

Seiryu likes this.
  7. 4thBlade

Ice Prodigy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

yeeaaahhh! Haha waifu material right there.

Seiryu likes this.
  8. sweetjacky

Purrrrple Kitty
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I really enjoyed this chapter because it was cool to see some of Takumi and his idea sounds really interesting and yummy! Gotta hate Eizan though, he hope he gets beaten in this shokugeki :| I also love the teamwork between the three of them!

Seiryu likes this.
  9. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

@menma I would counter that the author(s) seem to want to keep the Elite 10 members (minus the new ones) relevant for the rest of the series (since they are pretty much the only competition for the protagonists). Eizan probably has legit cooking skills (on top of his money/business skills), and he has a clear plan to counter Takumi's dish.

I also am biased against Takumi being a legitimate "rival" since from the start, it was all self proclaimed with Souma always being a step ahead (being selected for the Autumn Festival, getting back the family heirloom from Misaka, etc.). Even Souma probably doesn't see his win as a legitimate win since Eizan wasn't serious, so getting revenge for Takumi seems to fit right in with the cliche aspects of the storyline.

Plus, I think I just don't want to see a clean sweep this round, which makes the rest of the arc really predictable. Probably gotta wait another month for the results though.

menma likes this.
  10. 4thBlade

Ice Prodigy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Okay. I think my new fave. elite 10 guy is saito. What a cool ass guy!

Anyway, what do you guys think of takumi's outcome? I'm no cooking expert, but i think that artichoke will not be as effective on those judges. She said "our tongues" so confidently, so i guess there's still hope.
    But maaan, takumi being bullied like this is frustrating.

Seiryu likes this.
  11. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

The science is pure in that it theoretically is a perfect counter to Takumi's dish (they are exaggerating the effect a tad bit though from what I understand). I'm back on the clean sweep aspect now...Takumi is calmly analyzing and is probably going to come up with a sauce/topping to make the sweetness a benefit. Right off the bat, something spicy would be perfect since that's the easiest way to make something excessively sweet taste just right in a savory dish (more options for desserts).

The individual format is also an indication in my mind that Takumi, Megumi, and Souma (probably in that order) get their time to shine in their "upset" victory.

4thBlade likes this.
  12. 4thBlade

Ice Prodigy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

all in all, Eizan is a fine chef with good understanding of shokugeki battles however him being sinister-like was something i didn't expect at this point of the manga. His skills are shadowed by heinuous tactics, from bribing/fixing the judge's verdict to destroying someone else's dishes.. I did thought he would take a break from his business matters and had worked on his skills to get revenge on soma.

Seiryu likes this.
  13. Marco Polo

ダサい
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Takumi seems pretty calm still, I feel like he'll have something to counter Eizan

Seiryu likes this.
  14. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Theoretically, if not for Souma's recent training, Eizan would still have the skill edge. I think the shady/sinister personality fits perfectly since that's a necessary mindset to excel as a business tycoon in multiple endeavors.

4thBlade likes this.
  15. 4thBlade

Ice Prodigy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

right, i hope he loses tho.

Seiryu likes this.
  16. 4thBlade

Ice Prodigy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Great chapter! That's what i wanted eizan to be.

Seiryu likes this.
  17. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Yup, I'm definitely a fan of the direction Eizan's character development is going. Only thing is that he loses a role in the series once he gets outclassed and can't play the villain role anymore. I would hate to see him have some goody-goody change of heart.

4thBlade likes this.
  18. 4thBlade

Ice Prodigy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Creepy ass takumi.

Well it's good that the mezzaluna has once again come up as his weapon. Great chapter!

Seiryu likes this.
  19. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Haha, yup that one panel of him muttering to himself was a little too much like Mimasaka. So far so good, so hopefully the Megumi's match lives up to the currentmomentum.

4thBlade likes this.
  20. 4thBlade

Ice Prodigy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Wasn't hyped that much. Still a good read tho. Now, we wait for tadakoro's battle.

Seiryu likes this.