1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Shokugeki no Soma - General Manga Discussion

Discussion in 'Shokugeki no Soma' started by Kyros, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Marco Polo

not who you think
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

You can make a thread for it if you want (doing chapter threads on mobile is a pain)

4thBlade likes this.
  2. 4thBlade

Asaemon Yamada
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

haha yeah. I mostly just browse on mobile.

3. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Part of me wants to quit reading for a few weeks so I can binge some. It's terrible when you have fun reading a series to catch up and then you finally catch up... I don't think the series is action packed enough to justify waiting a week each time. They're kind of dragging things out in my opinion.

Seiryu and 4thBlade like this.
  4. Marco Polo

not who you think
    Expand Collapse

So the final battle ended up being as everyone predicted, shocker

5. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

True, but the series has been built on key twists that have made perfect sense. The authors have been cliche a majority of the time (but who isn't), so we'll see what happens 2-3 chapters from now once we get through the cliche build up.

6. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yes the final was predictable on who would be there, i got a feeling that the final itself will be anything but predictable!

The reason chapter it clearly shows that Rindou does not like Azami at all in my opinion! If you look at her facial appearence when he enter the room she does not look happy!

i still believe she will screw up this on purphase, to show Tsukasa that he needs to open up and show himself in his cooking!

Seiryu likes this.
  7. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Either I wasn't paying attention, but I had no idea ALL ten seats are at stake here. I would love to see Souma have a rematch with Tsukasa and lose the rematch giving the 1st seat back to Tsukasa. The twist is probably something else, but there has to be something/goal to keep the series going.

8. Marco Polo

not who you think
    Expand Collapse

I think they mentioned it very briefly right before Joichiro showed up to suggest the Regiment de Cuisine? Soma said something along the lines of "hey let's take the Elite Ten seats so our friends can come back", but it hasn't been the focus of the arc, nor has it really been talked about
    But I think since the Shokugeki is for control of the Academy, it'd make sense that the Elite Ten seats would be up for grabs too

4thBlade likes this.
  9. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I remember that quote, but at the time they had enough members to win the majority of the seats to veto everyone's expulsion. Although it does fit with the nature of the Regiment de Cuisine, it seems like a last minute addition that is not necessary. The entire arc meant the overthrow of Azami (and ensuring everyone's safety). It all leads back to what the new goal of the series is. Although the long-term aspects are fun and intriguing, the short-term aspects of the series has and probably will continue to be predictable.

10. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The pacing...is...so...bad...with...this...series
    When you're reading it to catch up it's so fun but when you're reading it week-to-week it's painfully slow. Hopefully we'll start wrapping up this arc soon.

11. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Not going to bother with a spoiler tag since there literally was nothing important in the chapter. I say Souma surprises everyone and actually has a traditional French appetizer. He took his stagierre training seriously so he should be able to do it (plus Erina did have a plan established from her comment on him slowly deviating from it). Also, any legitimate cook tastes at every major step so introducing that now makes Tootsuki look like amateurs (since that is a rookie mistake).

12. Marco Polo

not who you think
    Expand Collapse

13. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I was pleasantly surprised at the teamwork. Plus, we finally get to see Erina cook seriously. Erina being happy while she's cooking will for Asami to see that Erina is going to be a rebellious teen.

14. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think our boy Soma is much more apt to be the assistant anyways. As we have been reminded numerous times, he essentially grew up being his father's assistant. He'll do a much better job as an assistant than Erina.