1. Participate in the Monthly PAW May 2018 with a special category for our anniversary!
  2. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Shokugeki no Soma - General Manga Discussion

Discussion in 'Shokugeki no Soma' started by Kyros, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

The idea of people just outside of the Elite 10 shouldn't really apply. The training on the train was the way to get them to cook at that level, putting them past all second years. Isshiki is probably the only one at the level of Erina/Souma, but his personality is to not do anything combative. Sure, the other protagonist could lose, but we need a legitimate challenge for Erina and Souma.

I agree with the Souma parts, but even that rivalry is friendly. Especially now that she's fallen for him.

Either way, we can be safe trusting the plan the authors have. All of the major plot points have been solid and nothing indicates things will change anytime soon.

Marco Polo likes this.
  2. Marco Polo

despacito
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I’d argue Nene, Kuga and Eizan all have very big points to prove after the events of the arc, especially Eizan, who’s been a bit of a punching bag for the main cast (Soma/Takumi). But I agree, there’s only a very small number of chefs within Toostuki that are good enough to challenge. We’ve already seen a lot of Hayama, Ryo, and Alice, so fresh faces would be nice.

One possibility is that the Regiment de Cuisine becomes big news in the cooking world, attracting a lot of international faces to Tootsuki, or to Soma and Erina specifically.

Alternatively, we could end up getting a timeskip of some kind...

For sure, so far the Azami section of the story has been great and I’m excited to see what they do going forward

3. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

@Marco Polo The other top second years appear to only be at Tadokoro/Aldini brother levels. They have their special field down, but don't have the creativity to create a unique dish consistently. As for the story writing, I would say the primary plot twists and explanations for power-ups/victories is always perfectly rational but still creative. Other than Erina's dish, Souma's power-up for his "specialty dish" was actually completely stupid. Only a stupid chef does not taste test. Other than this, I can't think of any major point in the series that didn't fit.

4. Marco Polo

despacito
    Expand Collapse

5. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Marco Polo likes this.
  6. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Hot damn those are some well drawn panels! The spreads were awesome and it comes to an amazing end. It's ironic that the cause of all this was that Yukihira's dad wasn't happy at one point and it broke his friend. First glimpse of Yukihira's mom I believe too! What a chapter and ending!

7. sweetjacky

Purrrrple Kitty
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Well, that was one interesting chapter of Shokugeki no Fairy Tail.

8. Razeo

Expand Collapse

Love this chapter! Perfect ending to this arc imo. That last panel with Erina saying Soma's signature victory motto with the rest of the rebels was epicI And totally forgot about Mimasaka too! I think the safest bet is Tsukasa and Rindo will remain in the Elite 10, the other 8 will most likely be new members.... Soma and Erina are already givens. I think next are Ryo, Hayama & Alice are safe bets for the new elites. The other seats are up for debate.

9. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

@Razeo I disagree. Why would any of the rebels accept a shokugeki for their seat? Only stupid people would be Souma and Takumi. Everyone else would just decline. FYI, just in case you missed the small comment recently, the rebels automatically won all 10 seats with the win.

I agree with everyone that it was a fitting ending (just delayed a chapter). I'm kinda curious to see how things settle (mainly the seats being dispersed/argued over). That probably takes a while (a month or two, and I fully expect some happy reunions or messages to their loved ones). I'm most curious to see what the next major arc is about and who the adversary/villain is.

How did everyone miss Souma's mom?! She definitely seems European/American (he traveled around the world, so could be any blonde I guess). Maybe we get a further delay and Jouichiro lectures Azami into place (so he crawls off to pretty much not be a part of the series again).

10. Razeo

Expand Collapse

I never said that though, if your referring to my comment of "The other seats are up for debate". All I meant was the order as to who'll end up on which seat (ie. Erina #1, Soma #2, etc etc..), so it'll be interesting how that will unfold. The one character I'm curious about whether or not he'll be an Elite 10 again is Kuga since he did lend a helping hand to the rebels. I did however forget the fact that the rebels all win their respective seats, so my comment about Tsukasa and Rindo keeping their seats i'll take back. Obviously Erina and Soma will be the top 2 (order is also up for debate with just those 2 seats).

As for Soma's mom, you get a better picture of her in the 2nd episode of the anime when Joichiro mentally reminds himself about Soma that the most important thing about being a great cook is finding that special woman and devoting all your cooking to her. And while he's thinking this it shows a family portrait of Soma's family with only his Mom's face being glared out by the sunlight. So her cameo in this latest chapter didn't really surprise me that much:

[​IMG]

Something interesting too, after it shows this portrait it immediately switches scenes to Erina...... hidden message maybe?

11. kaizokugari

Expand Collapse

Now that the rebels have won, i feel where would you take the manga from here. What next is something that is bothering me. One thought I had is that, azami questioned senzaemon on his action of handpicking the generation of gems, we still did not know the reason behind or why. Blue can also be a arc. May be senzaemon has an answer to the storm. Soma and erina can be the key to push through the storm. Tootsuki vs other schools. Rematches and revenge matches still pending.

I get the excitement about soma's mom silhouette. But, no mention of rindou senpai lingerie. Damn, it was hot.

12. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

My memory for the manga is limited (relative to One Piece), but I'm quite sure that anime part is not canon material. Jouichirou looks quite different from how he is drawn in his younger flashbacks. I'm not sure how much the authors talk with the animation team, but I'm pretty sure she has never been in the manga.
    Yup, gotta agree on hopefully something good for the next arc. As for the Senzaemon aspect, it is implied that he saw the need for other students to help Erina's growth (he specifically chose Souma through Jouichiro for this purpose). The Azami thing was completely out of his prediction, but he did see Souma helping Erina her own "style" of cooking (most importantly a style that she can enjoy). If we assume he handpicked the other Polar Star members/antagonists, then that fits this main goal as well (he understands the need for "steel sharpening steel" and keeps the school on this concept).

13. Razeo

Expand Collapse

Doesn't look EXACTLY the same but she still makes the same brief cameo.
    [​IMG]

Seiryu likes this.
  14. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Ah, thanks. Although it's probably a short part of the plot, we do have to find out more about her and if she is still alive (Souma's demeanor in the most recent chapter makes it seem like she isn't). The language/word choice also is purposefully left completely open-ended.

15. Marco Polo

despacito
    Expand Collapse

263 is here, some very questionable stuff has happened

Seiryu likes this.
  16. kaizokugari

Expand Collapse

Questionable. It is outright outrageous. Disappointed completely.

Seiryu likes this.
  17. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Hell, it is cliche. However, I will point out that the authors have always had great twists for the plot as a whole. It might take a few months (we still need to have the school settled), but there has got to be at least one more arc I think. We are getting close since Souma is #1 already...