1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Shokugeki no Soma - General Manga Discussion

Discussion in 'Shokugeki no Soma' started by Kyros, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Seems like it is just a love of Japanese cooking/culture. He is knowledgeable because he keeps winning things (I think the idea of winning a dojo's banner is the inspiration).

Marco Polo likes this.
  2. Marco Polo

joe cool
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Megumi is making a late charge for best girl and I like it

Also, I’m not sure what it is but both Soma and Megumi are actually looking a little older for the first time since their re-designs

Seiryu likes this.
  3. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Yea, that was a little weird having Megumi mature enough to play with the sexuality stereotype of a okami (female hostess; especially since she still is a naive airhead for comic relief). It is only a few months, but I do like the physical changes to match their character/skill developments.

I'm kind of curious if this arc is just to introduce a potential tangent/later arc, or if it just a mini-filler before the next major arc. I would have to think the next major arc is something school based (kind of like Jouichirou's flashbacks of him doing external competitions as a student). I get the feeling like we will have one more major arc before Blue/Blu (however it was spelled).

4. Marco Polo

joe cool
    Expand Collapse

Megumi’s best girl campaign receives a strong boost this chapter, with endorsement from the wannabe Nihonjin

5. Marco Polo

joe cool
    Expand Collapse

Can't believe they've done my man subaru dirty like that, he's had his seat taken :(
    The other placings make sense to me, though

Is it finally time to find out about Joichiro's family? Has he got identical brothers called Jinirou, Jisanrou and Jiyonrou?

Seiryu likes this.
  6. kaizokugari

Expand Collapse

I like it what I thought to be a filler arc was build up to this chapter. Good to finally see all the seats. Would like to see more soma shokugeki specially against ishikki, takumi and kuga. We did not see an official shokugeki one on one till now.

Seiryu and Marco Polo like this.
  7. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Can't say I was surprised at the remainder of the seats (kind of funny how Eizan is stuck at 8 no matter how much he tries). But I gotta agree that everything made it seem like a filler arc in the beginning. I honestly think it is the real Jouichiro. I mean, he wants Souma to grow as a chef, and being the top of Tootsuki, he needs a new challenge. He has ties to other countries, especially America, so his reckless personality almost implies he eagerly takes on the role as a "monarch" when he gets bored.

8. kaizokugari

Expand Collapse

Ahem!!!! *Coughing* no clue what to say... Perhaps I will keep my mouth shut till others read the latest chapter.

4thBlade likes this.
  9. 4thBlade

Inner weeb > Responsibilities
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The new arc is a refreshingly dark one. I like it! But ffs, why'd jouchiro have to be defeated just like that. Raising the bars too much eh. Well whatever. Gonna see this til' its ending.