1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Shokugeki no Soma - General Manga Discussion

Discussion in 'Shokugeki no Soma' started by Kyros, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Yup, 100% agree. I think the last real remaining twist is who gets the pleasure of beating Asahi (I don't think they showed the full tourney bracket and I don't pay enough attention if they gave any hints on the fragments shown). It's probably gonna be Souma (so he gets to topple both beasts), but Erina is equally satisfying to me.

I guess another important aspect is who takes out Megumi. That seems a bit fitting if it's Erina and in her Ice Queen mode, she forgets their friendship.

Marco Polo likes this.
  2. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

302: https://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/302/5723/1?mobile=1

Angry Megumi is Top 5 st BLUE, wow. She’s really developed a lot from the nervous mess we met at the start of the series.

It’s a shame she’s going to get destroyed by Asahi now, but at least she finaly got to win a Shokugeki

Seiryu likes this.
  3. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

HOLY WKHSDLGWOIG!!! That's what I hoped Megumi would become, and 100% agree that it sucks that it only gets to last for essentially one chapter...hell Megumi herself looks like she lost hope at the end of this chapter when she realizes Asahi's plan...

Since there isn't much else left in the rest of the series, I really hope they milk the final bouts. Just like real life promotions (especially in the fight biz), have a massive amount of trash talk. Have Asahi belittle Megumi after their match to piss Souma off. Since I don't care for the love triangle drama, at least something like this would make me really look forward to the semi-finals (it's just a 3 person tourney at this point since I don't see the need for any more Noir => Erina took them all out it seems like).

Marco Polo likes this.
  4. 4thBlade

Inner weeb > Responsibilities
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I know i’ve been complaining on how the mangaka keeps on dragging some fights in the previous chapters but now it’s just rushed man.. sad chapter for Megumi-chan :/

Seiryu and Marco Polo like this.
  5. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

I think there's pressure coming from the editors to wrap things up - apparently the series hasn't been polling too highly. I think all the non-Soma fights are being brushed over quickly so he can really focus on Soma's parts in the time he has left.

4thBlade and Seiryu like this.
  6. 4thBlade

Inner weeb > Responsibilities
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Oh man, that’s a bummer. I guess it’s pretty common in the industry.

7. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

It’s almost annoyingly common and I think it’s part of why so many people are disappointed by a manga’s ending

As far as Soma goes, I think they’d already reached the story’s limit once they put Soma in 1st seat - but maybe they’d already been told to hurry up by then? Idk

4thBlade likes this.
  8. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

304: https://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/304/5757/1?mobile=1

I was about to post that I called the Soma vs Asahi semi and Soma vs Erina final, but I think I posted that on MangaHelpers and not here :(

It’s good that they’ve cut the filler, but it’s also a shame that they’re having to wrap things up so quickly. Joichiro is coming to watch, so this should be good...

Soma’s obviously winning this, and I can see that he’s going to demonstrate his usual emotional maturity throughout this battle.

EDIT: Yeah I only posted it on MH for some reason, weird. But just so you know I’m not BSing you by saying “called it”, here’s a link: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...n-302-predictions.3013036/page-7#post-5003292

Seiryu likes this.