1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

<Speculation> The Marines hidden power.

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by War Hero From the Past, Jul 14, 2018.

1. War Hero From the Past

Expand Collapse

We all know of the 3 great powers, the marines, the warlords and the Yonko. I am going to be focusing on the first, the marines; more specifically their hidden power.

I am not talking about CP 0 or any other of the CPs. I think that the marines have a secret power none of us know about. I think that if the known visible and behind the scenes powers of the marines were to fight against 2 Yonko with their crews they would put up a good fight and I could see the battle ending up like Punk Hazard's battle with the Yonko slightly edging out. I think the marines have some secret leverage apart from CP 0, like a tactical team of like 5 Yonko commander level members with a leader who is at Yonko / fleet admiral level that they keep on the "admiral team" just because of their danger as a crew and the leverage they give. I think this could also be a fictitious crew that info about could be spread by the CPs and they do not actually exist but just the fact that this all powerful group could exist and this is why the Yonko don't team up and try to attack the marines.

This is just a speculation and I would like to hear any of your opinions on this!

Seiryu likes this.
  2. Glaze D. Bacon

The Fool
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I feel like the Buster Call fulfills most of the requirements in your speculation. It has the destructive force to demolish virtually any island. I don’t see why the Marines should have another secret backup plan apart from that.

3. War Hero From the Past

Expand Collapse

The reason I think they would need this secret power is the buster call overall isn't that strong in and of itself. Luffy himself who is probably at mid to high tier Yonko commander level right now can take out the 5 vice admirals and i'm pretty sure a Yonko won't venture far without atleast 1 yonko commander. This single commander (Zoro is probably equal to a mid tier Yonko commander or even a high tier Yonko commander) could take care of all the battleships and fodder characters.

4. All Anime

Give Justice to Sanji San not raid suit.
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Well nice speculation, I always thought the same way and wonder why all the marine big guns have been shown this early i.e. Admirals, Gorosie, Warlords, CP, people like Garp, sengoku, Kong etc (atleast some info of them) and then there are still some Yonkos who are a complete mystery. But after the revelation of existance of a god like creature like IM Sama I think that Marines are already now way too overpowered and if they happen to show another secret weapon and Luffy emerging victorious against the Marines I will be disappoint as same as how I was disappointed when Russia kicked Spain out of the world cup.

5. War Hero From the Past

Expand Collapse

Ahhahaha

6. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I would argue they do not have anything else since they would have used it already if they did. I would also argue that the Red Hair crew alone is probably able to take down the Marine side of the Government (since we are excluding CP0). With every original crew member essentially at admiral level, the might not even need their underlings to take out the masses of lower ranked Marines.

The closest thing that fits to me is the implied Pluton usage. Based on the story (especially the Alabasta arc), the anti-Ancient Kingdom alliance got their hands on a Pluton and this is what allowed their victory. The Nefetarri family is guarding it since they were trusted by the other 19 Tenryuubito to not use it and destroy the world/back stab them.

7. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

they dont have any secret weapon. Oda already revealed who is on top of WG. Why would he reveal another secret weapon? If ever, he will reveal it before revealing Im, the leader of WG

8. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

What if shanks's crew is secretly working for Marines or to be precise for IM-Sama directly, think of it how come shanks ended up at marineford during the war, it was not to save whitebeard but to save marines from Balckbeard & his crew. I know people will be mad and very much confused if something like this happens.

9. War Hero From the Past

Expand Collapse

@gboxrkw That actually seems really likely know that I think about it. Shanks told Whitebeard to let him take out Blackbeard, took complete control of Marineford on his first step there, got Akainu to stop even with his extreme absolute justice orientation.
    This would also explain the infamous Ben Beckman Kizaru seen were Kizaru chuckles while raising his hands. This could be Oda trying to convey Kizaru's amusement at the rouse he is acting in.
    I think the thing that really gives this Shanks is a marine agent type deal some actual validity is we knew Akainu would keep fighting and losing lives even over 1 pirate just for absolute justice to be maintained. Therefore why would he not go after Shanks?

10. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

Exactly, Akainu is not the type of man who with all his pride and ego, listen to a pirate & leave such a big opportunity to defeat another big pirate or someone who betrayed him (Blackbeard). And also the five elders said it twice not once to shanks that its because it is you. I think shanks directly work for IM-sama, similar to how cp works for gorosei.
    He is like marines or to be precise wolrd government's trump card.
    Think of the havoc that would be create when the world comes to know that someone as powerful as shanks work for the WG/Marine/CD.

But still in the end i think even if he works for IM he is going to betray him/her, and risk his life for luffy.

11. Polybotes

Weaklings can't pick their way of death.
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Marine's secret weapon = Im.