1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Spring 2019 Anime - What Will YOU Watch?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga General' started by Marco Polo, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Marco Polo

#TeamZornji
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

LiveChart: https://www.livechart.me/spring-2019/tv

2019 continues its strong start with a promising spring collection. But which series will YOU watch?

The sequel to the former iMDB No.1 series, One Punch Man S2, is finally coming out. Reactions to the trailers and PVs have been muted, with a change in studio putting off some of the elitists. I'll still be checking it out, though - I can deal with a change in art as long as the "heart" of what made One Punch Man so good remains. Attack On Titan Season 3 Part 2 is also coming, and as a manga reader I'm very excited to see how they adapt the source material here, because this section of the manga was a joy to read. And they have to resolve the cliffhanger they gave us at the end of Part 1, too...

As for brand new series, We Can't Study is one that I'll be checking out - it's a cute slice-of-life/comedy/harem series about a third-year student who has to tutor two geniuses in their weakest subjects (which they want to pursue in some way when they go to college). I won't bring my biases into this description (@Chaudfontaine @Glaze D. Bacon we all know who best girl is), but I will wholeheartedly recommend it as a series to keep an eye on. And if We Can't Study really gets me in the mood for high school harems, I might even watch Nande Koko ni Sensei ga?!, which seems to lean more on the "ecchi" side of things based on genre tags, but we'll have to wait until Episode 1 to see.

Other series that look interesting are Kimestu no Yaiba, whose manga (I think) is quite popular, Joshi Kausei, which continues the "high-school" flavour of my recommendations but with the added twist of having zero dialogue and Carole & Tuesday, a music-centred anime that looks like it has the potential to tug on some feels.

Oh, and I'll probably catch up with Golden Wind. I've been listening to the endingon loop for months, anyway.

2. sweetjacky

Purrrrple Kitty
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Fairy Gone looks interesting and I also wanted to watch the remake of Fruit Basket because i just couldn't get into the old one when I started watching it before

Marco Polo likes this.
  3. Grin

Breadcrumbs
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I never actually watch half the stuff I say I'm gonna watch, but here goes:

....I guess that's all I want to watch here, huh? Maybe I'll watch Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine if I'm bored, sounds really nostalgic for me.

Marco Polo and 10thMember like this.
  4. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

☆~Fashion~☆
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

-Def watching One Punch Man (can't remember what chapter of that I was on with the manga)
    -Fruits Basket seems good (didn't get into the first anime, but maybe this anime will hook me)
    -I'm kinda torn on Senko-San. On one hand, we need more Shrine Maiden waifus. On the other hand, she's a loli (hopefully I can spawn more non-loli shrine maiden waifus if I watch the show, though maybe we'll end up with way too many shrine maiden lolis and I'll be annoyed forever).
    -Maybe I'll watch that thing that's like Komi-San but sorta different
    -Sarazanmai looks cool

Marco Polo likes this.
  5. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

#5 Kia, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    • Attack on Titan
    • Dororo
    • FairyTail
    • Bungou Stray Dogs because yes!!! Finally!
    • OPM
    • Tate no Yuusha
    • Fruits Basket was fun the first time around.
    • Dunno what else I might check out—the silent one looks interesting. Strike Witches looks familiar somehow.
    Edited because I didn’t include One Piece and Black Clover.

Marco Polo likes this.
  6. Marco Polo

#TeamZornji
    Expand Collapse

NOTICE FOR ALL THE COWBOY BEBOP FANS

Shinichiro Watanabe (the director for Bebop, Samurai Champloo and many others) is directing Carole and Tuesday.

Kia likes this.
  7. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. Now I need to finish the last few episodes of Bebop and probably watch Carole & Tuesday. You sir, are an enabler. But really. Good info! ^_^

Marco Polo likes this.
  8. Marco Polo

#TeamZornji
    Expand Collapse

The last few episodes of Bebop are the best ones imo, you're in for a treat

You aren't the first person to reach that conclusion, but you're the first person I haven't drank with that has

9. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Fantastic! I deserve—err could use—a treat. ^_^

We recognize our own kind. I’ve been called the same, amongst other things. ^_^