1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

"Starter Anime"

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga General' started by Marco Polo, Mar 28, 2018.

1. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

1. Did you ever watch anime before you "properly" got into it?
    Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z

2. What was the series that got you hooked on anime?
    Naruto I think

3. When you started looking for new anime, where did you go for recommendations?
    There was a particular Squidoo list I referenced ages ago which I found on a Google search. I can't seem to find it anymore.

4. Are there any series that significantly influenced your anime tastes?
    Naruto got me into Anime in general. Deathnote got me obsessed. Eyeshield 21 got me to like Sports Anime. Ghost in a Shell got me into Anime girls.

5. Do you think there's such a thing as "starter anime?" (i.e. anime that people should watch first to get a taste for the artform)
    Definitely.

6. If you were to recommend 5 anime to someone who hadn't watched anime before but wanted to start, which 5 would you pick?
    Deathnote
    Dragon Ball Z
    Full Metal Alchemist
    HunterXHunter
    Sword Art Online

7. Would you recommend different series to people based on how much anime they'd previously watched?
    Obviously adjust it to the ones they say they liked.
    Sex, Occupation, Age, Demeanor I would all consider.

2. Bakugan2556

Nintendo Enthusiast, Currently playing Splatoon 2
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

1)My namesake, Bakugan2556, tells the whole story. Other anime: Fairy Tail, SAO(and II), Beyblade, Buddyfight(when it first was put on youtube, 2014) and Pokemon
    2)I think It was Fairy Tail that got me hooked on the Shonen kind of anime. SAO/One Piece only solidified this.
    3)Nobody, because r/anime is a piece of crap. :) In all seriousness, I only stick to anime I have prior knowledge with(Buddyfight Is a great example of this.) Sometimes I'll look at clips of other anime, but so far, no clips have won me over.
    4)One Piece. If a anime doesn't have a over-arcing story, then I wont watch it(exceptions include anime that fit #3)
    5) While I dont think there is "Starter Anime" I do think there are anime that people naturally gravitate to first( Digimon/Pokemon, Yo-Kai Watch, and other "kiddie" anime are examples of this.)
    6) In order from greatest to least:

A) One Piece
    B) Buddyfight(Except DDD)
    C) Yugioh Vrains
    D) SAO
    E) Pokemon.

Please note I havent watched a-lot of anime as of late, so take these reccomendations with a grain of salt