1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Straw Hat Bounties after WCI

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by Pacquiao8, Aug 6, 2017.

1. WiseMofo69

Trouvaille
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Don't you think 200 million is a little bit high for Carrot? But she's a great fighter no doubt about that.

2. Sun Ken

Expand Collapse

Morgans doesn’t decide bounties but he will report the events of the current arc and I don’t think he will say anything interesting about Chopper, I think he will just say he was involved in the events.

The only members of the crew that did notable things in front of Morgans were Luffy, Sanji, Jinbe and Brook.

Date Damon likes this.
  3. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

No actually, I don't think it's too high. Bellamy and Usopp are both close or at 200m and I think she's a better fight than either of them and with her Sulong form definitely a tremendous risk. Really I did the SH bounties based off where I rank them in power from strongest to weakest:

Luffy
    Jinbe
    Zoro
    Sanji
    Carrot
    Robin
    Frankie
    Brook
    Chopper
    Nami
    Usopp

WiseMofo69 likes this.
  4. WiseMofo69

Trouvaille
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Hm okay fair enough. Oh nice ranking btw, although putting Jinbei ahead of Zoro might get you killed by Zoro fans someday xD

camoramo24 and Zeek like this.
  5. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Thank you! I think Zoro will pass him soon though. The Wano-Zoro hype train is real

6. WiseMofo69

Trouvaille
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it is. Right until now, Zoro's always having a bloodbath battle with his opponent. In the New World he's not yet facing an enemy who can match his battle prowess and IMHO it's about time to put his skills to the test.

7. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Luffy's bounty has gone up more than his 'enemies' so far when defeating them.
    Arlong bounty 20 million.....Luffy after winning 30 million
    Crocodile bounty 81 million. Luffy after winning 100 million.
    Doflamingo bounty 340 million. Luffy after winning 500 million.

I still think that Luffy's bounty will hit at a minimum of 1 million after SHP's successfully get out of WCI

WiseMofo69 likes this.
  8. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Not being rude here but this point you're trying to make is a little misguided...Remember that Bounty doesn't just refer to strength but threat and mischief levels as well. I just don't see any way that Luffy will hit 1 billion (which is what I think you meant).

Back to your previous point, his bounty was moved up higher but there were more contributing factors and those who he passed had odd bounties to start with.

Arlong - likely had such a low bounty because he didn't even attempt to leave the East Blue and had a 'in' with the Marines. Plus this was realistically Luffy's first major bounty so it was nice to give him a, at the time, higher bounty. But, I'll give you this one to add to your point.

Crocodile - his bounty was frozen since he was a part of the Shichibukai and they didn't have an ounce of a clue on everything he was really doing. The bounty that Crocodile had was criminally low compared to what it realistically would have been or might currently be with his abilities and empire that he had.

Doflamingo - another Shichibukai who had his bounty frozen until recently as well. Again, his bounty was painfully low compared to what it should likely have been. Ace's bounty was 550m and I don't think it's unrealistic to say that Doflamingo isn't roughly 200m behind Ace especially with the atrocities he commits.

So two of your examples had frozen bounties. Katakuri's bounty is more accurate than the others so I doubt it'll be passed for a while. 1 Billion is a huge barrier we're not touching yet. Especially considering the rest of the Shichibukai, who are supposed to be Luffy's peers, aren't anywhere near such a ceiling. I wonder if Oda will keep them in Luffy's league or start showing the difference between him and his peers.

9. Sun Ken

Expand Collapse

I can see Luffy hitting the 1 billion mark after Wano.

10. Date Damon

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Fair point though a bit disappointing that the spotlight is all on Luffy, Sanji, Jinbei and Brook. That said I firmly believe that Nami, Chopper and even Carrot will get a raise in their bounties.

Sun Ken likes this.
  11. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

If Luffy and SHPs are able to get out of WCI after defeating 2 commanders then their threat level rises significantly. Yes, Morgan' will tell the world and it won't be a hidden achievement like a lot of things were in the past. Brulee and the train guy also know about the road poneglyph...and we shouldn't be surprised if by the end of this arc they tell Mama, Montdr, Stussy, and Morgan's.

Also until now SHPs are the only pirate crew besides the Revolutionary army that had directly waged war vs the World Government which further validates the point of the SHPs threat level.

12. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I believe in their threat level and them getting massive bumps but I'm telling you Luffy won't double his bounty. A large increase yes but he won't touch 1b for a little while.

13. WiseMofo69

Trouvaille
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

There's something I don't understand about Bounty. Bounty reflects the amount of threat someone has against the WG right? Now, Luffy has done numerous evil deeds against the WG like:
    • Defeating 3 warlords which are almost crippled the Balance of Power.
    • Infiltrated the Enies Lobby
    • Defeating CP9
    • Burned down the WG flag
    • Indirectly causing the destruction of Enies Lobby
    • Son of the most wanted person in the world
    • Entering the War against the Marines.
    Judging by those actions alone IMHO Luffy's bounty should be 1.000.000.000 Berries, why? Because I never see someone did something totally outrageous like those besides Luffy.

14. Kreydens

Expand Collapse

Noone may know Luffy defeated Katakuri. Noone saw it except those who might not tell anyone. Unless someone on the BM crew says it outloud (Brulee) Morgans wont know. Heck it wpuld be cool if even him would be target to be attacked by BMs due to revealing their weakness. He might fight this arc ;)

15. Sun Ken

Expand Collapse

Not to mention that he’s been able to sneak in Impel Down then he escaped and caused the escape of many dangerous criminals.

WiseMofo69 likes this.
  16. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

There is no doubt that he has the feats but it's the recognition. He has not been given credit for a lot of his deeds. No doubt it should probably be higher but sleeping on Luffy and his crew is one of the motifs of the series. Agreed that it's odd his father doesn't play a role in his bounty considering that was half the reason Ace's was so high at the time.

Sun Ken likes this.
  17. WiseMofo69

Trouvaille
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

yep, I forgot that

18. WiseMofo69

Trouvaille
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Too many people been sleeping on The Straw Hats. WG doesn't like the fact that they got rocked too many times by Luffy haha.

Zeek likes this.
  19. Sun Ken

Expand Collapse

I agree. Luffy is underestimated by everyone, including the World Government.

20. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

One argument could be that he isn't a "bad guy" though. He really just has a history of freeing downtrodden people and taking out people the World Government doesn't overly care for anyways. His biggest crime really is just disturbing the balance of power. It would be funny if they offered him Shichibukai status.