1. OPF's 2nd One Piece Character Popularity Poll has arrived! Vote NOW!
  2. Participate in the OPForum's Secret Santa HERE!
  3. Vote now for the Monthly PAW November 2019!
  4. We have a NEW subforum for Dr. Stone! Check it out!
  5. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Straw Hats & Pluton

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Urek Mazino, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Urek Mazino

Yami D. Blackbeard
    Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

So, I’m doing my daily binge watch of One Piece an I’m in the middle of Eneis Lobby and Franky just burned the Pluton blueprints and it got me thinking about things currently going on. Ashura Doji just revealed all the ships that will be rebuilt an used for the war against Kaido.

I got a little theory that really has no evidence honestly just something I thought of that could happen.

We know the Straw Hats have been through a lot since getting the Thousand Sunny. The Going Merry has suffered so much damage it became incapable of travel. I believe during this war the same will happen to the Sunny. They’ve been through a lot with it if not more than the Going Merry had.

The Going Merry lasted from the East Blue Arc all the way till immediately after the Eneis Lobby arc. The Thousand Sunny has so far lasted from the Eneis Lobby to currently in Wano.

Listing all those arcs in comparison it would look like this—

East Blue/Syrup Village-Post Eneis/Thriller Bark

Alabasta-Sabaody Archipelago

2 years during timeskip guarded by Kuma

Sky Island-Fishman Island

Water 7-Punk Hazard

Dressrosa

Zou

Whole Cake Island

Wano

That’s four whole more arcs that the Sunny has gone compared to the Merry. Granted the Merry didn’t have Frank during its entire travel like the Sunny does but I think the toll of an extra 4 arcs an attacks from 2 yonko’s possibly even a 3rd if the “Blackbeard appearing in Wano” theory comes true or the World Government having someone there.

The only difference I believe will be that the Sunny will not be at the same point as the Merry but I believe Franky will notice the damage it is incurring and decide it needs to be rebuilt. In comes the Pluton part. Franky will instead of using brand new wood he will use the Adam Wood that the Sunny already has an use them as parts to rebuild it into a different ship that will have the parts that are needed to make it into Pluton added. I believe more things will happen because of the war with Kaido and possibly Big Mom an the WG. This leads me to think the Straw Hats will need an even better ship post Wano that will help them get through whatever situations that will happen that the Sunny couldn’t.

Again this is just a random theory with no evidence. What Pluton theories do you all have?

2. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

I was waiting for someone to post theory so I can read something new

It was a good read and there are possibility of this to happen.

Thank you for your time and effort in sharing this.

Urek Mazino likes this.
  3. Urek Mazino

Yami D. Blackbeard
    Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

I honestly haven’t posted on here in a while but One Piece has been too good lately.

I’m honestly surprised the first reply even gave this a possibility of this being true. It was literally a random on the spot theory I came up with.

Thank you for your time in replying an giving criticism.

4. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

While you're right that there's no solid evidence to support this, it's actually quite an interesting theory. I've always been wanting to see more of the Ancient Weapons, especially Pluton and Uranus. Anyway, it's pretty interesting if Pluton somehow ended up in SH's hands, cos that'd be like a slap in the Gorosei's faces.

5. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

This image suits well with the theory.

Urek Mazino likes this.
  6. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

The biggest plot point against this is that Sunny is a crucial part of Franky's dream (his dream is for his ship, Sunny, to successfully voyage around the world => have a great adventure and develop the klauba-skalwieaks;wew-whatever-thingy). I'm getting a little forgetful on the exact phrasing, but Franky has essentially memorized the details and chose not to build the Vegapunk level technology.

Has Sunny been shown to take major damage? I can't think of anything off the top of my head (other than Big Mom since a Yonkou should be able to destroy anything). The wood is special because it is so strong.

I do agree that the missing docks is probably where Franky adds Vegapunk level technology however.

Urek Mazino and GoldenVenus like this.
  7. Urek Mazino

Yami D. Blackbeard
    Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

Yea there’s virtually no evidence but it’s something crazy I could see. I want to see more of the Ancient weapons they have to come into play. I think If they get Pluton it’ll be temporary. If not I think Dragon May get it somehow I don’t see anyone else having it especially with Franky being the only one to know it.

8. Urek Mazino

Yami D. Blackbeard
    Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

This was the exact scene that made me think of this.

9. Urek Mazino

Yami D. Blackbeard
    Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

In my opinion going with that I honestly believe Luffy will let Franky have the ship EOS. Once Luffy gets his dream he’ll want everyone else to get theirs. Especially if they go separate ways. Luffy will have his freedom as pirate king he won’t need the Sunny per day.

I’m not sure if it’s taken major damage besides Big Mom but just adding up little damage that may be inconspicuous.

Vegapunk technology has to come into play at some point. The ship will need additions added especially if Jinbe joins an maybe a few people.

10. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Maybe I should have been more literal. If I'm remembering correctly, Franky's dream was to have a "dream ship". When someone asked about what that entails, it was essentially a crew that fulfilled a fun adventure and made the most of the ship (which is the trigger for the Klauta-whatever spirit being created). Franky always had the "easiest" dream to fulfill because the crew just does what they do and it gets achieved. Franky just wanted to create a similar version of what Tom did with Oro Jackson.
    It's "filler" but the recent anime episodes for the Stampede movie hype show Sunny taking significant damage (I only saw it recently). I doubt the magic wood is that weak, but we'll see if Sunny is still damaged in the movie.

Jinbei might not need any major additions. A permanent version of the rope/pulleys to man-handle Sunny to surf the Homie wave is all he needs as the helmsman.

Urek Mazino and Monkey D. Ruffy like this.
  11. Monkey D. Ruffy

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Franky‘s Dream is a ship that can sail every see in the world. Like the Oro Jackson did. When they got the thousand sunny Luffy said “they need a carpenter, who can fix the ship. So the same thing that happened with the flying lamb doesnt happen again”. I myself already believe that the sunny is an incomplete mini version of Pluto, and that Franky will complete her.

And last but not least. It’s Klabautermann

Urek Mazino and Seiryu like this.
  12. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I think we are all on the same page (we all have slightly different perspectives/biases on the small details), but Franky memorized the blueprints, so he undoubtedly incorporated parts/design concepts into Sunny (pretty much a guarantee that Tom did the exact same thing with Oro Jackson since we see Roger's "tiny" ship take on all of Shiki's fleet). There must be some sort of magical design because Franky guaranteed that the main/central piece of the hull would never break no matter how many coup-de-burst they use.

Haha...I can never remember the German(?) word. I'm hoping Franky gets to meet Sunny's klabautermann-spirit. This probably fits best in the prologue part of the story or maybe a hype-up before the final war.

Urek Mazino and Monkey D. Ruffy like this.
  13. Monkey D. Ruffy

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

:laughing::hearteyes:
    It’s easy to remember German words when you lived there for 10 years :laughing:

Seiryu likes this.
  14. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

@Urek Mazino good to see you back buddy

Nice theory. I just need to know how long the Roger Pirates travelled on the Oro Jackson. We know that Tom built the Oro Jackson for Roger, and Franky got inspired from it to build the Thousand Sunny, they both have the same type of wood for example. So if the Straw Hats currently have a ship that's similar to the Oro Jackson then it must be a pretty endurant ship. Roger became the Pirate King with it, so Luffy can too.

It was said that Pluton is hiding somewhere in Alabasta. Personally I would love to see the old Pluton being found, rather than Franky building a new one. Pluton was built by the Ancient Kingdom centuries ago, i wouldn't like it if Franky just comes and says " hey i still remember the blueprints " and proceeds to build one. It would be a big big plot device.

Urek Mazino likes this.
  15. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

With how strong it is (let's not get confused with how weak Shirahoshi's Poseidon powers are despite being in the same category), Pluton is an immediate "cheat" to become Pirate King (i.e. "boring adventure"). Oda planned this out to be directly contradicted by Franky's "dream ship" too in that it isn't much of an adventure if it can just breeze through all opposition.

Pluton can destroy the entire world. Not just kill the residents/people (more what Poseidon can do), but destroy all the islands/landmasses. Spoilers below from the unofficial databooks:
    The original Pluton is what created the Grand Line. All of the islands (New World and 1st half is implied), were all the Ancient Kingdom. Their own weapon was used against them to defeat them. They all have a magnetic pull relative to each other because they were all one big continent originally.

Urek Mazino likes this.
  16. Urek Mazino

Yami D. Blackbeard
    Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

I always noticed when the Oro was shown alongside other ships it’s always been tiny. That definitely makes me wonder if the Sunny an Oro are more similar than we think an as you said if Tom added pieces from the Pluton prints into it.

Seiryu likes this.
  17. Urek Mazino

Yami D. Blackbeard
    Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

Glad to be back.

I honestly think we may found out some more concerning Roger an his crew in Wano. I think it’s time to.

I definitely agree. I would rather the old one come back. If anything Franky upgrades it with newer technology and repairs it if anything Ian messes up. It has to be something big yet doesn’t directly have to do with the Mugiwaras but deals with Franky heavily. Maybe the Vegapunk reveal will deal with this.

18. Urek Mazino

Yami D. Blackbeard
    Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

This will make it very interesting. Maybe Pluton plays a part in more than what we think. I imagine if we go by that an what @Admiral Ryokugyu said maybe the WG gets hold of the old one somehow an somehow begin trying to destroy the planet. Maybe the numerous moons could come into play.

Seiryu likes this.
  19. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Yup, the context seems to imply so. In the fight games (boxing, MMA, etc.) there is a "sweet spot" of body weight for the heavyweights. Being too big sacrifices excessive agility. But at the same time, prior to that point more muscle equals more power/output. Maybe Oro/Sunny are the same way that they are the perfect balance (vs. all the bigger ships have more power, but are literal slugs compared to Oro/Sunny). So the fighting cliche of "speed kills" is true in that if there is a significant enough speed advantage to not take damage, Oro/Sunny 100% of the time win (the people on board have the power to cause the necessary damage so offense is not a limiting factor).

Interesting side tangent is that Tom's personality implies he didn't work on any weapons. Maybe Oro doesn't have anything other than whatever cannons Roger's crew bought elsewhere. Rayleigh probably has comparable swordsmanship to Mihawk, so cutting a ship apart is child's play.
    The Government/Tenryuubito/Blackbeard (unlikely) getting their hands on the Pluton in Alabasta it WAY too much of an advantage. For the Gov/Tenryuubito, they already have 200+ countries and all of the Marines/direct guards. Even with all of Luffy's allies, they are still outgunned and out numbered (the entire crew getting to their final power levels will close the gap, but that seems like another lifetime with how big the gap is right now). Pluton is probably greater than doubling the advantage. It would make for great action (something I would love to see), but that would necessitate a B.S. power-up to negate it. An old Pluton vs. Franky build Pluton takes away from the 1v1 fights, so I would bet against Oda going down this route.