1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Sugar and Kuma...?

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by TiedyEPIC, Jun 7, 2018.

1. TiedyEPIC

Expand Collapse

So I was just chilling when a random idea came to my mind. What would happen if sugar and kuma touched eachothers hands at the exact same time? Would only one effect go of or would both?

2. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Sugar would turn him into a toy. Kuma has a magnificent ability, but Sugar's is something that cant really be deflected.

3. Grin

Only hers
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'd say they both happen. Kuma turns into a toy and Sugar flies into the stratosphere.

4. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Kuma could literally push the pain and strain out of Luffy's body and manifest it in a bubble.
    This makes it legit to assume that he can push/deflect every non-physical thing; why would there be a limitation?

So, both abilities would most likely activate, but Kuma wouldn't be affected because he can push away Sugar's power.

Trafalgar D. Mortyllien and Grin like this.
  5. Grin

Only hers
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Kuma's ability really bothers me. Why not just push off the opponent's Haki? Or perhaps their intelligence? Or maybe push someone's devil fruit ability out of them? I'm not sure what the limitations on him are, so the endless ideas it gives me is a headache.

6. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Let's just go with the idea that pushing non-physical things isn't easy.

Kuma had time and focus when pushing away Luffy's strain and it still took a little while.
    Easiest explanation would be that it is impossible to do in combat, as it needs several seconds of hand-body contact and focus on what he is doing. Something one usually lacks while in a fight.
    Pushing away haki most likely requires him to have better haki than his opponent, same rule that applies to Law's "cutting" in the Room.

I just go with "he can virtually push everything", there simply are different types of difficulty for him to do so and thus are certain conditions required to perform the respective push.

Grin likes this.
  7. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

@Booker

Good point, but if there isint time for him to focus on that moment, what would happen?

Sugar just need's to touch him, and Kuma need's the time to deflect that attack. What if Sugar attacks from behind him and touches his leg? I dont think Sugar is stronger, but she has a faster attack so to say.

8. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That's not the given scenario though.
    Then again, thinking about how I imagine his ability to work would I need to revisit my answer anyway, as it would need Kuma to know about Sugar's ability to purposfully push her away, instead of just pushing her; then again his paws push everything, so if their touch meets there...
    The push itself also seems to be an ability he has to use on purpose, otherwise would he constantly pushing everything infront of his paws away. I mean, he wears gloves, but do they do anything other than concealing his paws?
    Let's assume they contain Kairoseki for the fun of it to have an explanation as to why they don't get pushed away.
    Once he removes them should the air infront of him constantly pushed away, but it doesn't happen; making it easy to assume that his ability is something that has to be consciously activated or that can be toggled on and off.

What would happen to Kuma? What Kuma are we even talking about?
    Would her ability even work on PX-0 or Thiller Bark-Kuma, they're way more machine than man. In other words, more "object" than "living being". Undoubtably on human Kuma though, so let's go with him.
    No reason for him not to be turned into a toy once touched anywhere else, but the paws.
    Then again would Sugar be able to touch him there? Given Kuma's (assumed and highly probable) Obs.- Haki and utterly destroying speed.

Sugar touches Kuma (human) anywhere but the paws: Kuma turns toy
    Sugar touches Kuma (cyborg/Pacifsta) anywhere but the paws: who the fuck knows
    Sugar touches Kuma at the paws, both don't know about the others ability: who the fuck knows
    Sugar touches Kuma at the paws, both know about the others ability: Kuma pushes Sugar and the ability away (?)

End of the story is that we don't know enough of either ability to come to a truly right conclusion and everything stays speculation.

Storm chaser likes this.
  9. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yes, the pacifista wouldnt turn into a toy I assume aswell.
    I can imagine him noticing Sugar in time and pushing her away. Totally forgot about his obs. haki.

I really hope we will know more of his ability, and why he gave Vegapunk permission to turn him into cyborg.
    Sugar's ability is quite interesting aswell, she stopped aging too.

10. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Kuma 'd deflect it ... doh.