1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. Our One Piece User Tournament is back. Join the fun now!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Thank you

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Owl, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Owl

Owl
    Shichibukai Member
    Expand Collapse

#1 Owl, Sep 1, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    I will be eternally grateful for all the experiences and adventures that I have lived throughout my years of service to this community. Words cannot describe how blessed I felt for having every single one of you in my life.

I am sorry for disappearing without notice. Sorry I was not here to continue my duties and fix some of the problems and bugs that came to surface with my absence. I am sorry for leaving my fantastic team and the people around me disappointed and without a leader.

Unfortunately, I am not coming back. It is my bittersweet official farewell, you deserved to hear something from me. I am not ready to come back, and I do not think I ever will.

At one point in my life, you guys were all I had. I was a lost bird when I decided to create this community, and since then I found everything I could ever wish for – comradery, friendship and love. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the happiest moments in my life were partially thanks to this forum. Creating it was the easy part, what it became was all thanks to you.

Saying that this place holds a dear spot in my heart is an understatement and it breaks me that I cannot even login once in a while. I truly miss and need this place in my life, along with the memories I once had here, but even good memories can hurt you in unimaginable ways and hopefully some of you will understand that.

Wholesome relationships were flourished in this forum. For a certain time I joked that I was creating a dating website, but I was missing the point. It is not just about the couples that were born and broken here. We created a family, and that for me is stronger than anything I will ever be able to accomplish in my lifetime.

There are so many things I wish I could write here, and I do not want to leave this so short because you do not deserve that. I am not good with words and expressing my feelings, especially feelings as strong as these, but my time has come and I leave my account here as a memoir. I am sorry for not writing anything substancial and for leaving in such a hurry, but I am not able to communicate anything else at the moment.

I will let this thread opened out of respect for you guys and to potentially create some discussions here of the changes that might be needed. Due to personal reasons I will not be reading the comments here. If by any chance I do, I hope you do not find it rude that I do not reply or login. I am not looking for compliments or anything of that sort. Please give your attention and support to our administrators, they will shortly introduce themselves in this thread. I 100% trust them, and I trust you, every member reading this, to keep this place alive.

I love you, thank you for everything.

Forever yours,
    Owl.

2. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

@Owl And now I'm gonna cry! :cry:

Thank you man, for creating this wonderful community that has helped so many of us out in our darkest hours. You are forever one of my Nakama and a true hero

Dustfinger, Seiryu, Kia and 4 others like this.
  3. Marco Polo

「MISTA TWELVE」
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

#3 Marco Polo, Sep 1, 2019
    Even though I knew this was coming, to see it actually happen is hard. And even though you may never read this post, I just want it to be on record.

I know this isn’t an easy decision for you, and I know that this isn’t the way you wanted things to end. All I want to say to you on a personal note (there will be a team statement coming soon) is thank you. They say the Captain goes down with the ship, but in this case the ship will keep floating even after you’re gone. Of course, the best situation is that you stay on this journey with us, but I empathise with your reasons for leaving and am incredibly grateful that you’ve given us the chance to keep this place going. Yours are big shoes to fill, and one of us alone would never be able to fill them. Luckily, you’ve assembled a fantastic team of people who are all 100% committed to keeping this ship sailing for as long as it can. Maybe between the five of us, we can make one Owl?

I hope that one day those painful memories will become less painful, and that we can see you again. Congratulations on the seven years of incredible work you’ve put in to this website, and all the best in to the future. Without your passion, and without your love for this place, we wouldn’t be standing here today.

Hopefully we’ll see you soon <3

Zorgosto, Judgement, Jawahib and 7 others like this.
  4. sweetjacky

Back in Black
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

I've pretty much said my goodbyes to Owl on discord already but I just want to say again how grateful I am that you gave a new home to a lot of us forumpiece refugees and made us a part of your family! Now it's up to us to give something back to you by taking care opf for you in return. I hope we can keep it sailing for a long time so you have a place to come back to if you decide to come back someday.

I even found the love of my life thanks to this forum so I'm really grateful for that as well :relaxed: That's why I think even if something bad happens in life, sometimes that can result in something good, even if it takes a while.

I wish you all the best for your life, you'll be missed <3

Seiryu, Kia, Edinbour and 2 others like this.
  5. Cleand

Forum Granpa
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

I somehow knew this would happen. :(
    It took me hours to type this because I’m crying.

I remember back in 2012. I was just messing around looking for OP related sites and fate brought me to this amazing forum. I registered and was surprised that all the members are so welcoming and kind and funny. The list of good adjectives to use can go on. In short, you made an awesome family here. And now, 7 years later, it’s still here. My very first forum.

First few years here were the best! I’ve seen the site grow! More amazing people are coming! We were all so happy back then. Everyday, I was looking forward to interact with everybody. If there’s one thing that I regret, it’s that I left the forum numerous times because life happens. And just like me, I hope that there will come a time where you will be able to come back here.

Thank you! For creating this wonderful forum. For bringing different people from different background together and create one big family. Thank you because until the end you are still thinking of us. Thank you for leaving us in great hands!

There’s a chance you won’t be able to see this. But to summarize, I want to say sorry for disappointing you numerous times for being away. And I still haven’t forgotten my promise for the donation. And THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. :blush:

I hope for good things to come into your life. Be well and good luck @Owl. We will definitely miss you.

6. G12

G12
    Golem masterrace
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

I haven't been around lately either but thx bruh. It is always fun to log in and see how everyone is doing.

Live long and prosper

Or if you are a star wars fan
    May the force be with you!

7. Icecrusher

Calm Winds
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Wow that made me sad. I have no idea what's actually happening with you in real life but I hope everything's fine and you're only busy with work. Thank you for all the memories here. Hope to hear from you again soon!

8. Johannes

The End of the Beginning
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

@Owl Your always and forever be our:

[​IMG]

:blush:

9. Chaudfontaine

Chieftain Chóðinn
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

Oh boy. I had some mental preparation time for this thread but still.
    I think the forum presented as a family is exactly what it is. You discuss about the things you like, you might even bully your little brother from time to time, you are angry at your dad for being such a strict parent, but in the end you are family. You love each person to death. You build memories for eternity.

As I joined randomly back when V3 was introduced, I feel as the little brother, growing up while looking at the big brothers, the older members. As time went by, members left the forum, others joined. I became the big brother for the younger ones. To top it completly, you (after a lot of nagging from Marco too), made me a mod, to give me a chance for giving back the love and hard wor to the community, the family had put into me.

When you ever placed your memories, and feeling nostalgic to the youth you spend here, I want you to feel happy. You made this all possible, you are the first pater familias. Yes, some things could have gone better, but who cares. The family still exists. Thanks you, my admin, my boss, my friend. I hope that your next stages of your life were succesfull and filled with an equal passion.

Seiryu, Kia, Edinbour and 1 other person like this.
  10. Deathbloke

voi-bloody-la
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Whoa this thread was really hard to read through. I didn't expect to see you're never coming back, mate.

But life is life, sometimes it gets in the way.
    From the moment I joined properly two years ago, you were here for me, to help me with every question I had. Always helpful, friendly and just. I'm glad and lucky to have experienced you being active in this place, and I'm really glad I met you. You created a place that gave me closure when I wasn't fine, made a community with a lot of people, completely different to one another, from places all over the world, with different backgrounds and cultures, that somehow connected with each other, created friendships that might not last forever, because let's face it, real life is in the way, but will always be part of their hearts.
    I consider you a friend of mine, we had many great discussions about One Piece, shared our love for Harry Potter and had a great time while you gave it your all to keep this place alive.
    So a thanks is not nearly enough, but I'll say thank you, Owl, for being the dad of this place and being the reason so many friendships and relationships were born.
    You will always be our nakama and if you ever decide to pay a visit to that child of yours, you'll surely find at least one person here to help you heal your wounds.
    Thank you, buddy!

P.S. whoa how did I write this much

11. Pacquiao8

62-7-2 (39 KO)
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Whoa! Overall, I'm speechless but thank you for everything you did, especially for giving us this forum site. I won't say goodbye, we will definitely "see" each other again here in WWW. Best of luck to your personal life and future endeavors! You'll still be our daisenpai!

Fight on!

12. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

@Owl Thank you for this forum and many other things you did here.

I have been still connected to this forum mainly because of you.

I wish you Good Luck in every venture of your life.

Thank you again,

Nakama forever!

13. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

#13 Kia, Sep 1, 2019
    I don’t know what happened in your life and it’s not my place to ask. What I do know is this: you created this site and for that I am thankful. It’s been a wondrous place, a true community where I’ve made some meaningful connections and been able to share passion that not many understand. I was lucky enough to have some discussions with you as well about our mutual interest in your namesake. I consider that another reason to be thankful. Added to this list is the fact that you’ve, despite your own pain and concerns, passed on the mantle and opted to allow us to continue to have this space. I can never express how much this means nor how thrilled I’d be if you were to find yourself in a place where you’ve come to accept that the experiences of the past, regardless of how painful they may be to look upon, have shaped you into who you are now and that the current you is worthy of the joy and open armed welcome you would receive upon your return here. Thank you again for everything, for being who you are because if you weren’t you—exactly as you are—then OPF wouldn’t be exactly as it is now. So regardless of if you believe you may have failed us in some way, none of this would be as it is without you. The current team wouldn’t have grown to be ready to attempt to fill your shoes if things hadn’t come to pass as they did. Let alone the lack of the forum’s existence at all without you. You are and always will be the foundation upon which this place has been built. I apologize for the rambling nature of this message. I was trying not to get sappy which is why I didn’t respond right away. I’m sure that I failed. So I’m going to stop writing now. Thank you again for creating this space and allowing it to continue. I wish you all the best and hope that you can find peace within yourself over this transition. I’d love to see you back.

14. Kyros

The Legend
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2014
    Expand Collapse

This is my first and only forum. Always felt this as my home. Thanks for creating such a lovely place. I can’t express how sad I’m to see you leave this forum. Thanks for giving me opportunity to help the forum as a team member. I am proud to be a member of this forum.

Please take care of yourself. Hope you can fulfill your dreams and achieve even more. All the very best for your future endeavors. Last but not least.. please return when you feel like. I will miss you Owl-San.

Dreamer, Seiryu, Kia and 1 other person like this.
  15. yashaxaraniey

Heliophilia
    Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

Wish you all the best in the future, Owl! I remember you welcoming me in my introduction thread. :blush:
    (Had I not see the post in facebook, I would never know :c)

Seiryu, Kia and Marco Polo like this.
  16. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

@Owl I have nothing but thanks to you for creating this awesome community and I wish you all the best! My wishful thinking is that you come back after your hiatus, but I am honored that you trusted me to oversee a part of your baby and I can guarantee you I will do my best to keep things going. I've always hated huge discussion boards, so when K-F died, I gave up One Piece discussions. By pure luck, I stumbled here and loved the atmosphere from the start. Thanks a bunch and I hope I was able to give back at least a small part of what I got from you.

yashaxaraniey, Kia and Marco Polo like this.
  17. Jawahib

Both Exotic and Professor
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

You're a hero dude. For me, because you saved our old FP threads. 16yo me assumed that just because it was on the internet, it would last forever, so I didn't even think that some of the best conversations I've had with OP fans in my life could just disappear like that. But you saved them for me; more than that, you created place where I could have more of these discussions with some really amazing people, and I am extremely grateful for that.

Thanks for what you've started here, what you've sustained here for as long as you did, and what you are now sadly leaving behind. Some people might go their whole lives and not achieve as much as you have with this place. So thank you for letting me be part of it.

18. mysticalflute

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

Oh, Owl. This makes me so sad. You did such a wonderful thing in creating this board and bringing us all together. Thank you so much for all of the hard work you did, I know I feel so grateful that I was able to find this website.

yashaxaraniey, Kia and Marco Polo like this.
  19. Admiral Ryokugyu

Green Bull
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for this forum. If you didn't ban my old account in 2016 i wouldn't have created this new better one.

After being banned in 2016, i returned in 2018 but had many problems with some members, especially ma boi @Marco Polo . I kept feeling that i should simply accept the fact that i didn't belong here. But i refused to leave, i was waiting to get banned.

When the forum became very inactive, i refused to leave it during its hardships, because it was there for me during mine. And look at it now, OPForum is back again ! And i'm thankful that i stayed here despite everything.

Thanks again, and take care.

Dreamer, yashaxaraniey and Kia like this.
  20. Iki Hotaro

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

bye! n thx!
    take care dude~

Kia and Marco Polo like this.