1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The Challenger of Destiny, Chapter 3

Discussion in 'Writer's Corner' started by Dreamer, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

#1 Dreamer, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    The Challenger of Destiny

Chapter 3

After Greate John had adjured his crew never to speak about the failed attempt to destroy Whitebeard Pirates, their journey in the Grand Line had continued quite well. At least until a sudden thick fog surprised them.

”Where did this fog come from?” John asked with irritated tone and turned to face Prosper. ”What kind of idea was to sail here? Take us out of here right now.”

”Yes, captain,” Prosper said. Then he asked from Rafferty: ”Where are we even?”

”Let me see...” Rafferty said as he studied the map in his hand. ”It looks like we are in the Florian Triangle.”

Crew members gasped.

”Florian Triangle? I have heard many rumors about this sea,” one of crew members said.

”What kind of rumors?” Nimes asked.

”According to rumors, many ships have disappeared in this sea. And sometimes people have found ships without any trace of the crew,” man explained.

”I, too, have heard rumors about Florian Triangle,” another man said. ”I have heard that ghosts will take spirits of people who have got lost in the fog and after returning back from Florian Triangle, those people will never be able to live in sunlight.”

”That’s nothing,” third man said. ”I have heard that lost people will become slaves of zombie pirates and they are forced to work without any breaks or food until they die.”

Rafferty shook his head. ”Those rumors are so ridiculous that even children wouldn’t believe them. People who become easily nervous shouldn’t go to sea. Or what do you say, captain? Huh? Where did captain go?”

~​

Nimes walked to the door where was written with golden letters Captain Greate John and knocked the door.

”W-who’s there?” John’s shaking voice asked from the room.

”It’s me. Your servant, Nimes,” Nimes answered.

”I don’t believe you! You must be an evil spirit who’s just pretending to be Nimes!” John shouted. ”Prove me that you actually are who you claim to be! Tell something that only Nimes knows.”

”Uumm… Last year you told me to get a gift to Lady Berenicena from Aboveden’s Pawnshop of Lost Riches,” Nimes said.

For a moment there was silence. Then was heard from the room: ”I don’t believe you! You know that just because you have possessed Nimes’s body! Begone, evil spirit!”

”This is ridiculous!” Nimes snorted. ”You are the captain, John-sama! You should be an example for your crew!”

”I’m too important to become a victim of ghosts!” John shouted.

Nimes sighed. ”There’s no such a thing like ghosts. Those are just rumors that people spread in their uncertainty. But if you are ready to give up your goal to become the Pirate King, then we can return home right away. I’m sure your family understands why you returned so quickly.”

Nimes fell silent and waited his master’s decision. After a moment, he heard that furniture were moved and Nimes understood that his master had moved furniture in front of his door.

The door opened slightly and John peeked out.

”Bring me salt and garlic.”

~​

Finally John returned with Nimes back to the deck. Crew members noticed immediately that their captain had got prepared for ghosts.

Multiple golden, silver and iron crosses, horseshoes and a necklace of garlic hung around John’s neck. He had multiple different rings in his fingers and a bag of salt in both of his jacket’s pockets. In addition he had a bell in his hand. As John walked, his necklaces jingled and the bell clanged.

”’Great Jingler’, Greate John,” one of crew members sniggered quietly to his crew mate.

”Forward!” John shouted as he rose the hand where he held the bell. ”The crew of the future Pirate King isn’t afraid of nonexistent things!”

Nobody dared to say that captain’s rearmament was inconsistent with his words. But saying that aloud could lower their payment, so the crew continued with their works in order to guarantee a safe sailing.

~​

The atmosphere on board was tensed. Poor visibility and horrific rumors they have heard made everybody restless. Some of men even got frightened a little bit when they heard chinking but they calmed down when they saw that it was just John who walked around the ship with nervous expression.

Suddenly they heard shout from the crown’s nest: ”Ship ahead!”

”What kind of ship?” Prosper asked.

”I’m not sure… but sails are badly torn,” man in the crown's nest answered.

”It must be a ghost ship!” one of men deduced in horror.

John paled when he heard this and he gave an order to Prosper: ”Avoid the ship from afar!”

”But captain,” one of braver crew members asked, ”aren’t we going to go to explore it?”

”Explore? Why should we go to explore an old, abandoned ship?” John asked.

”Because abandoned ships usually have treasures,” man answered.

This made John thoughtful. Although he didn’t want to face ghosts, John was fascinated by the idea of treasures that were just waiting somebody to take them. Despite that Honorary Pirates have sailed over a week already, they haven’t got any treasures. Of course pirates should have treasures.

”Very well!” John decided. ”Take four men with you and go to explore the ship!”

”Aren’t you going to come with us, captain?” another man asked.

”Of course not! I must stay here and maintain the order!” John informed arrogantly.

Before anybody else had time to say anything, they heard a deep, unidentified sound.

”What was that?”

”I came from that ship...”

”D-don’t be ridiculous! There’s no-”

TROOOOOOTTTHH!!!

Crew stiffened in horror. Some of men even screamed.

”There’s actually somebody!”

”Zombie pirates who are trying to lure us to their ship so they could make us their slaves!”

”Change of plans! We will leave this area immediately!” John shouted in horror to Prosper. ”Hurry up! Take us out of here!”

For a while there was a little chaos in the ship when Rafferty tried to find the safest route away from the area while he shouted orders to other crew members. Finally they got Titan Pegasos to the right course and the ship sailed away, disappearing into the fog.

~​

At the same time on the abandoned ship, Brook, a skeleton with afro, took tuba’s mouthpiece out of his mouth and stared at the direction where Honorary Pirates had sailed. If Brook would have a face, he would have had a very confused expression on his face.

”I wonder what that noise was?” Brook wondered aloud. After thinking for a moment, he shrugged his bony shoulders. ”Probably just some gulls that got eaten by sea monster.”

Brook placed the tuba gently in left line with other instruments. ”This tuba is in good condition,” Brook said to himself. Then he turned and took a trumpet from right line of instruments. ”Let’s see in what condition this is.”

~​

Finally, to everyone’s relief, Honorary Pirates got out of the fog. John glanced at their direction of arrival and sighed in relief when he didn’t see any sign of that abandoned ship. However John’s good mood disappeared when he noticed Nimes standing behind him with nervous expression.

”You better have to something good to tell,” John said.

Nimes took his glasses off and wiped them. After placing them back on his nose, he told: ”Three of your men has left the ship.”

”What?” John shouted without believing what he just heard. ”Why?”

”They were afraid that the ship we saw earlier was a bad omen so they decided to leave,” Nimes explained. ”But on the good side, they left without their payment.”

John’s shoulders shook slightly with fury but then he sighed and said: ”Whatever. There’s no place for cowards and superstitious in my crew.”

Just when he had said this, John noticed that Nimes was staring his crosses and other protective items. John took them off and shoved them to Nimes. ”Take them back to my room. And take garlics and salt back to the galley,” John said sternly.

Nimes nodded quickly and left. John sat down on his deck chair and thought to himself: ”I can’t believe that I have already been betrayed twice. Stupid worms who don’t have any kind of backbone… Well, at least here will be a smaller group of people demanding their share of future fame and riches.

To be continue...

Marco Polo and Kia like this.
  2. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

That was lovely! So funny. Thank you very much for sharing. It’s enough to make one want to take another look at oneself and one’s own actions before condemning others. ^_^ I’ve never read an OC story in the One Piece world before because I didn’t see the point but this guy is amusing. ^_^

Dreamer likes this.
  3. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad that you liked this chapter :smile:.

4. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Yohohoho, I enjoyed this one

John’s lost more crew mates, this is not a good sign... I hope he meets some useful people somewhere