1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The Defeat-Kaido Gameplan Part 1

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Ebony Rustle, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Ebony Rustle

Expand Collapse

With the second stage of the Wano Arc well under way, I believe it's a good time for some theorycrafting on how Luffy will defeat the big, bad lizard known as Kaido. I will be listing down key techniques, abilities, and strategies that Luffy might use in the main fight, which include ones that Luffy already has but hasn't revealed yet, ones that Luffy might learn/invent/awaken before and during the fight, and ones that involve other people. Take note that not all ideas are originally mine, and there are some that I've adopted from other theorists. Also, each technique, ability, and strategy isn't necessarily the one that will primarily take down Kaido, so let's leave them aside for Oda to orchestrate.

Gear Fourth
    G4 is currently Luffy's go-to, serious-mode ability. So far, we only know three of its forms, namely Boundman, Tankman, and Snakeman. Like a lot of other people, I believe there is at least one more form that Luffy has in store, as well as several other moves to go along with it.

First off, how does G4 and its forms even operate? According to one theorist, G4's latter forms are actually adaptations that focus and enhance one of Boundman's unique capabilities (the guy mentioned four, but I only adopted three). These capabilities are:
    1. Spring-like Muscle Contraction
    2. Elastic and Steel-like Armor/Defense
    3. Python Technique
    Among these three, two have already been featured in their own forms: Elastic Armor in Tankman, and Python in Snakeman. Of course, Tankman was revealed in a sub-form called "Manpuku Version", which seems to showcase his maximum defense. With this, I would then guess the default version of Tankman to be of similar concept, but with a smaller structure and a means to actually move around.

Now, seeing as Luffy was actually one-shot by Kaido while in Boundman form, Tankman might possibly be an effective countermeasure to the Yonko's brute strength, and could also penetrate his superior defense.
    • Penetrate Kaido's defense? How? Simply put, Tankman is able to absorb his opponent's attacks and return them with increased power. Of course, Luffy still needs to endure the attack and not faint like last time, so it's up to him to improve his Armament Haki. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there hasn't been any mention of Kaido actually utilizing his own full strength in trying to kill himself. So this leaves open the possibility and idea that the Strongest Creature in the World can only be "defeated" by itself.
    • What if Kaido works around it? Like doing a quick hit-and-run or using long-ranged attacks? This is where Tankman's default version comes in. If my theory above turns out to be true, Luffy should then be able to absorb attacks and also fly around. Just imagine a huge ball with four mini-thrusters. Luffy could also explosively release a portion of the absorbed power through the thrusters in order to up his travel speed.
    Tankman aside, there's still the fourth G4 form. And what remains of Boundman's unique capabilities is the enhanced muscle contraction. So the new form focuses on that. But before describing how it works, here's a vital observation of the forms so far.

Boundman is a balanced form that has moderate levels of power, defense, and speed. Snakeman is a form that sacrifices defense in exchange for speed and power, primarily the former. Tankman (again, assuming my theory above is true) is a form that sacrifices power in exchange for defense and speed, primarily the former. So what's left for the new form? The new form will then be sacrificing speed in exchange for power and defense, primarily the former.

Personally dubbed as "Kong Man" by yours truly, the new form will mostly be using the spring-like muscle contraction in some sort of way that's, of course, different from Boundman's. Obviously, it should effectively up Luffy's attack power, but at the same time, it should also utilize whatever method used to also improve his defensive capability. Lastly, along with the gains, the form should also restrict Luffy's speed while in it, in order to achieve a balance in all four forms.

- - - - - -​

New Gears
    For me, I think there's only room for two more Gears in Luffy's arsenal, and they're both not numbered. One he could choose to learn/invent before the fight with Kaido, and the other he could awaken in the later portions of the fight.

First off is...

Please wait for Part 2. In the meantime, let's discuss! What do you guys think?

:nomnom:

2. Yamanoki

Expand Collapse

I don't think Luffy's ready to fight Kaidou 1v1 for quite some time. My prediction is that the arc concludes with Big Mom and Kaidou becoming embroiled in conflict over the right to kill Luffy, with Big Mom leveraging her hidden advantage over Kaidou to weaken him to the point where he's no longer as big of an issue.

Wano gets liberated due to Kaidou losing his grip on it due to Big Mom's influence + the Kozuki clan's rebellion, and then the marines arrive because oh no it's two Yonkou in one area let's break this up and Luffy's crew decides that since Kaidou is no longer in control, they have no reason to stay and get caught in a 4 way battle between Big Mom, the Marines, and the weakened-but-still-around crew of Kaidou.

Luffy's crew escapes, Kaidou and Big Mom both come away with weakened crews due to the conflict with the Marines, and Luffy adds Wano to his territory. Due to the power vacuum left by the partial weakenings of two different emperors and possible death of Kaidou, plus having both the Fishmen and the Wano Samurai allied with him, Luffy either immediately gets declared as an Emperor by the Marines or is entered into serious discussions for the title amongst other people (while being himself completely indifferent to whether or not he gets the title).

Kia and Chaudfontaine like this.
  3. Ebony Rustle

Expand Collapse

I'm not suggesting it's gonna be strictly 1v1. That's why I said that some of my theories also involve other people in the fight. All of these are theoretical options for Luffy in a fight against Kaido. He may use only one, or perhaps several. Maybe even none at all.

Contrary to what you're saying, I think a fight will happen between Kaido and Luffy, regardless how it will start, carry on, and end. This is the most hyped up arc by Oda, which will feature a far more epic war than Marineford's, so I think it's safe to say that the fight-until-one-side-gets-KO'd is inevitable. Oda even mentioned one time about pondering how he will have Luffy actually defeat Kaido without using the typical finishing move that's simply strong enough. So there's that to support it.

Kia and Chaudfontaine like this.
  4. KKG

KKG
    If you support watermarks i hate you
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Guys,Luffy has absolutely no chance against Kaido.
    He took a beating of Katakuri,he was tossed out easily by Big Mom and if he fought one of the Calamities he would have to run again.
    It won't be Luffy vs Kaido,it will be the entire Wano,Law,Kid and all SHs vs Kaido.
    If i asked Oda how it will be done,i think his brain would toast before he could answer.

5. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I would have to assume the alliances plan to raid the festival is going to fail (Kaidou is just too strong for the strongest people in the alliance). So I agree that step one of the game plan is some sort of power-up. The simplest answer is Luffy gets his awakening (what would be his last gear, Gear Fifth). Other than haki mastery (unlikely based on the time restrictions of Big Mom coming) or technology upgrades from Vegapunk/other un-introduced scientists Jyajji says he worked together with (probably doesn't come up fully until the rescue Vegapunk arc), the only other power-up big enough is Luffy getting his awakening.

6. Kia

Kia
    Wacky weeb witch
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

This is a very engaging read. Thanks for taking the time to put it on here. ^_^

Luffy is getting stronger, that’s for sure. The working in the camp with the kairoseiki is building him up in multiple ways, I believe: physically, mentally/thus Haki, and kairoseiki resistance, plus he’s making connections. What’s he’s going to truly need is his mind. He cannot simply rush in all bullheaded and impulsively as is his tendency. This is especially true because Haki wears out. He has to plan, be smart about things and fight effectively. As for what he’s going to do to get to Kaido, I do believe that he’ll need assistance. The notion of BM and Kaido fighting over the right to kill him is one that I’ve brought up myself previously. That being said, Luffy will surely need higher defense and power in order to be effective, that’s for sure. Being able to remain calm and access his heightened kenbunshoku is critical also. I think that finding a way to harness both the skills of his new friend in the work camp that were all pretty sure is a kairoseiki smith and Law will be crucial as well.

The whole alcohol thing with Kaido is confusing. It could very well be that Oda has taken elements from the Orochi legend and applied them to him because alcohol was his undoing. Or it could be a red herring. It’s hard to say. The fact that he laid off pursuit of Law in favor of regaining his buzz lends credence to the addiction/weakness side of things so perhaps that will come in handy. My question is why Shinobu’s powers wouldn’t work on him (if she can get past his kenbunshoku to touch him, though her ninja skills were shown to be questionable, Law could swap her close with Room). She should be able to decay him. Even if it wouldn’t kill him, it’d age him considerably which would be of great assistance to the fight.

The point is that there are many options but the only way that I genuinely foresee a one on one with Luffy versus Kaido is if Kaido has already fought Big Mom and/or Luffy is equipped/assisted by his allies in advance. That way he’s got help, it just isn’t present. This would be more in line with the way the story has been to date. Obviously these are just my views, anyone can interpret things different and who knows what will happen. ^_^

Juggy and Captain_tatsumaki like this.
  7. Captain_tatsumaki

Expand Collapse

Good read.. Looking forward to Part two