1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The Dreamer; Short-Story Series, Prologue.

Discussion in 'Writer's Corner' started by Lt. | ArkZ, Aug 12, 2018 at 1:37 AM.

1. Lt. | ArkZ

Balls to the wall, or not at all...
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

As this is the Prologue, allow me to explain some of the premise to those who may be interested;

The Dreamer is an idea I've coined and played about with for a number of Years. Fundamentally; It focuses on an individual named "Rium Kcaj" (Pronounced Re-uhm Khaj) who has been blessed, or cursed with the ability to make anything he imagines, become reality. The best way to relate this is to describe "Alchemy", where peoples imaginations could create anything they wanted.

The Dreamer basically wanders around, and the stories follow what he comes across on his Journeys.

If you would like to be involved in the stories, please; feel free to add a comment below. Say your preference of name and what you'd do or be doing, I'm using this to combat my writers block and come up with some new ideas for my novel, so thinking on the fly helps a lot more than people would think.

------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a number of years since Rium had been transported to this strange, new world. He had come up with a number of theories on what had happened, but never had proof.

Maybe he died, and this was the after life? Maybe he was in a coma, and all the actions were figments of his imagination?

"Or maybe I'm actually here?"

These thoughts clouded his mind, constantly. He recalled back to his friends, his family... His love.

He missed these people greatly. He questioned if they missed him as well, he questioned;

"Will I ever see them again?"

Sadness gripped Rium, but only for a moment. It was a feeling he had grown accustomed to at this point, he no longer cried into the night yearning for the people he missed most, he had almost come to accept his fate, almost.

suddenly; a small tug on his jacket alerted him to his surroundings.

"What is wrong? Riri?" Rium questioned.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit... down?" said Riri, clearly concerned.

Rium chuckled "I am fine! You need not worry."

Riri knew Rium was lying, he'd been like this ever since he had created her. Rium knew she knew he was lying as well, but would never address the issue.

Riri was a creation of Rium, modeled after his love, Rianne.

Unable to cope with the loneliness, and the shock of being put on a strange new world, Rium thought of the person who mattered most to him, and there she appeared.

From that point on, Rium learned of his new-found abilities. Anything he thought, anything he desired, would come to pass.

An ability that was a bane, as much as it was a boon. With a mere thought, he had annihilated an entire city. Countless innocents, Men, Woman and Children, all falling victim to something as trivial as a thought.

It was a wonderful city, filled with history, and beauty, constructed next to a volcano as it would apparently not activate for thousands of years. It held a natural defense for the city.

I wonder what would happen, if the volcano were to suddenly just erupt?

A tragic horror, is what would happen, thought Rium, in hindsight.

He had placed limiters on his abilities to stop events like this happening in the future. He ensured, that wild thoughts would not affect this new world he had entered so drastically.

In fact, he vowed that no matter what, he would never affect the world in any way, ever again.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Riri asked, quizzically.

"I'm fine." Rium said, reassuringly. "I'm just thinking about the past."

Riri shrugged "I'm always here for you, if you ever need to talk, just talk"

Rium smirked, but said nothing.

Under the light of the new moon, they continued their journey, to the kingdom, of the two kings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaudfontaine likes this.
  2. Lt. | ArkZ

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I didn't add too much onto this, which is why it is a Prologue, as opposed to a chapter one sort of affair.

If people are interested in this sort of story and character, I'd be more than happy to continue.

just to give a background on the "Country of two Kings", and in general, a background on a lot of the world building I'd do in the future;

I used to play, and admin over a Warcaft 3 Custom game called Broken Alliances. Members of the community made a map of it and everything. It was fundamentally a whole world that can be built around with characters and nations, which was barely touched upon.

(The map that was created by user Gutterboy)
    [​IMG]

It is what I'm using currently for my main novel as far as world building is concerned.

The country of Two kings is players Red and Blue in Broken Alliances, under the heroes of Trajan the Mighty, King of Milania, and Leopold the Holy, King of Celen. Their main nemesis is the Undead leader under the colour pink, of Dal Morte.

3. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Interessting concept. Humans are really complicated and their thoughts have a wide range in "good and evil".

Are you going to built more around the guilt and the pressure it gives to Rium or more to the fancy battles it can create?

Lt. | ArkZ likes this.
  4. Lt. | ArkZ

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

It's more than likely be built more around the guilt of his previous actions, coupled with the fear of what could happen if he were to utilize them again. The more vague the thought, the more risk the outcome has.

We'll delve a bit deeper into Riums thoughts and how he interacts with individuals later on down the line.

The best way for me to describe this series will be a bit like One Punch Man, in the sense that though Rium is the main character, a lot of focus will be on the supporting characters, though probably not to the same extent as OPM.