1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. Our One Piece User Tournament is back. Join the fun now!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The End of OP, or how to defeat the purpose

Discussion in 'Writer's Corner' started by Grin, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Grin

Talentless
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

An idea born in the dark depths of hell/Skype Group. This is my definitive fanfic. No Formpeace in a while though, sorry about that.

"So, it's settled then?" I asked.

The large, behemoth of a man standing in front of me smiled widely.

"You can always count on a king's word, Blueno."

I wasn't so sure about that. But this was our best shot. It was too clever not to succeed. Regardless of how covinced I was, I was still a bit nervous when he opened his gaping mouth. Was I...really sure about this? Either way, it was too late. With a loud "chomp" I felt the owner of the Baku Baku no Mi integrate me along with my ability.

"Let's put this to use, then!" he said.

My head popped out of his right shoulder. In a way, nothing had changed. I was still conscious. I just didn't have any limbs to move anymore. But it was worth it. Worth it for this plan. I concentrated, and our powers worked in unison. I swung open a door in thin air, and he stretched his huge mouth through it. Another chomp later, a head popped out of his right shoulder.

"W-what?! What the hell?!" said the head of Blackbeard, our first victim.

We now possessed both of his abilities. Yami Yami no Mi and Gura Gura no mi. Quite a haul for one bite.

"This is bullshit! I'm the only one who can use more than one fruit!" he protested, in vain.

I opened another door, and Wapol gave it another bite. Chomp. The head of a man with icy eyes appeared.

"...huh." he simply said, his eyes unwavering.

I was unsure, but I assumed it was Mihawk himself. The famous swordsman. Another top priority.

Chomp. Chomp. Munch. Door by door, bite by bite we kept gaining heads. And with all the people we ate, we gained another ability. It was laughably easy. I could open a door anywhere, and this gave Wapol the chance to eat anyone in the world. How had we not thought of this before?

"I am...the ultimate king Wapol! Mahahahahaha!" he laughed.

Ultimate was one word for it. To be honest, it was plain ridiculous. Where had this plan come from? Wapol was not this smart, with all due respect. Someone else must have been behind this. But why would anyone want this? There was no way they could do anything about our power any longer.

I turned my head around our new, gargantuan body made of multiple elements. Fire. Lightning. Ice. Everything shone and pulsed all around me. It was as if we had become god himself. Or perhaps, the devil? After all, these were all the powers of the sea devil. Maybe this was how it was meant to be?

A hundred whimpering cries. Mumbled angry complaints. Quiet acceptance in face of the inevitable. Everyone had a different reaction to being integrated into us. Yes, we weren't simply the people we had been by ourselves. Together we were the Sea Devil himself. A sort of hive mind. I am sure it was despicable to some. But it was meant to be.

Wapol still hungered. I opened a door after door, but we had exhausted most of the powerful DF users already. Even some without one, to hone our combat skills. If there was anything we were afraid of, it was the sea. But this was Drum Kingdom, and we were far from the coast now. I wondered if anybody had any idea of what was going on.

"Blueno...why?" asked Lucci, whose animal power was a vital part of us.

I didn't have a clear answer for him. I was no longer Blueno. The idea of power had corrupted me. But still, it was gnawing at me. Where had this plan come from? Who had put all this in motion?

"Blueno...we need the girl. The girl will make our kingdom last forever!" the voices chanted.

The girl. Sugar. The one whose fruit had stopped her from aging. It was perfect. Our kingdom was never ending. It would stand the test of time itself, never growing old. And none would dare to touch us! I frantically opened more doors. She had to be in one of the marine prisons. Had to be.

"Hurry, Blueno! We must be complete!" Wapol roared.

I was trying my hardest. She had to be somewhere. And we could go anywhere. It was only a matter of time. Wait...there. She was there! I laughed with enthusiasm as I opened the door. The final door. The door to our future!

It was quiet. What had changed? What was I doing? No, we. No, who is we? I could not remember. What was I doing? Why couldn't I do anything? Why couldn't I...say anything?

"You will not harm humans." the voice said. The only voice.

Who was it? Why couldn't I move?

"You will obey the orders of the family." it said calmly.

What..what is this weird, sinking feeling?

"Oh..you don't remember, do you? Even I don't remember what you are. Or maybe I never knew."

The room was cold. Everything was cold.

"Either way, I found myself one interesting toy." the voice said into my ear.

I couldn't resist. I could only watch as I stood up. What had happened to me? Why was I...like this? As I walked towards the door, step by step, I felt only agony. Agony at the confusion and helplessness of my situation. I didn't dare turn my head to look at what had just whispered into my ear.

"Now open the door and we can leave this cell, my toy."

THE END

Red and Jawahib like this.
  2. Tony

Unknown Member
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Yessss you did it!!
    Story was great, awesome character development 10/10
    Moral of the story: Never play with broken fruits

Grin likes this.
  3. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Awesome story, 10/10 :D

Moral of the story: Never team up with Sugar hahahahaha

Grin likes this.
  4. Jawahib

Both Exotic and Professor
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

As awesome as it is, an issue is that Blueno's Fruit doesn't work that way. He can only create air doors to another dimension, and then another air door back to Earth. He actually has to physically travel in his alternate dimension to move across the great distances you're implying he does. Because he can't travel through the other dimension while stuck in Wapol's body, he won't be able to reach across the distances to find people. (Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, this is just how I remember the fruit working)
    Also, most characters move a lot faster than Wapol's mouth, and will be able to dodge and/or counter his attack. If he tried to go for Shanks, he would almost certainly be knocked out by his Haki. Speaking of which, neither Wapol doesn't have Haki, so he couldn't do anything against Logia types. Kizaru and Akainu would just wreck him.
    And on top that (I feel like such a criminal pls forgive me), Wapol's Fruit doesn't allow him to use the Devil Fruit powers of people he's swallowed.
    • Though the natural law of Devil Fruits dictates that only one person can only have one Devil Fruit power at any one given time, the fact that Wapol's Baku Baku no Mi powers can fuse two people or more together into a being with combined abilities, might be a loop hole of sorts in the law. This was addressed in the ninth One Piece moviewherein Wapol ate his older brother and became a fused being with two Devil Fruit abilities.[17] This aspect of the fruit's power is non-canon, and when Oda was asked by a fan about it in an SBS if Wapol would gain Luffy's rubber powers by eating him, Oda responded no but said he will get food poisoning.[19]

Irrespective of the technicalities, this is an epic idea, and as always it's written fantastically. If you did other retarded ways for One Piece to end I'd be all over them. I've always liked the idea of Caribou sitting in the corner and turning the whole world into a swamp, but I digress.
    Awesome job, man :D

Grin likes this.
  5. Yumavo Cado

big bear steamin’ hams
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

It couldn't be anyone but Sugar. It had to be Sugar. Only one long nosed asshat who can stop Sugar and her overpowered pet toy now.

Though actually I think Sugar, Usopp and Perona would make a great team. Yes, it's settled; when you're back, you're writing something with those three for me. For you. For us. Go shoot Finland's enemies up for now. </3

Grin likes this.
  6. Grin

Talentless
    Expand Collapse

In all my wisdom, I considered all of that. Naturally! However! I liked the idea too much to let silly things like "facts" get in my way. Also, it's the element of surprise. Haki that, bitches. Don't be sorry, Jawa. This is what I need you to do. To let everyone know I'm not as clever as I like to think. Thank you.
    God, way to spoil the fucking sequel to everyone. I hope they forget this comment exists when Sogeking vs. The World comes out and he beats the thing made of everyone else in the world.

7. Yumavo Cado

big bear steamin’ hams
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

If you hold on a few minutes, I'm doodling ultimate Wapol right now.

8. Grin

Talentless
    Expand Collapse

Really?! Reeeeeally?! I can't get Green & Yum to save my life but you draw Wapol? :fearful:
    but seriously tho that's amazing ty ty

9. Yumavo Cado

big bear steamin’ hams
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

(Looks like rubbish, but it was drawn entirely on my ol phone.)

Wolf, Cosmos and Grin like this.
  10. Grin

Talentless
    Expand Collapse

NONE CAN DEFEAT GIGA WAPOL