1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The Final Arc: Ragnarok

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Admiral Ryokugyu, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Grin

Keymaster
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

Ah, that's valid. I didn't think of it from a mathematical perspective like that. I suppose in the end it's dependent on whether I can take the characters for their word, but once I start doubting everything it just becomes pointless to make deductions. Data data, no bricks without clay.

But when you put it that way, it does put to light the thought that "finding One Piece" the first time would have had very little effect on the world, which agrees with your theory. However, is One Piece not something Roger himself "created" by "leaving it all in that place" and then declaring everyone to go get it? Or at least that's what he claims in the opening section, though it's not something the characters ever directly witnessed. Putting it that way, it's not so much that One Piece originally existing was the thing that would turn the world upside down, it's finding it again. (Assuming that One Piece did exist, and assuming that Roger did go to Raftel as he and his crew members claim.)
    I'm going in circles here though, between "One Piece is something Roger found and made his" and "One Piece is something Roger created".

I like that Material conditional, though. It was very interesting to learn about that.

Yes, I believe it's called "Occam's Razor." It's a philosophical principle. When multiple explanations exist, the more assumptions you have to make for a given explanation, the less likely it is. Or shortly put, the simplest explanation is generally more likely.

I should probably do that more often, really. It's kind of fun. I don't mean to put down theories, but usually when I read them my first instinct is to look for holes. It's most likely a rude habit, but I like to think that it helps the theories themselves become better when/if they can be explained.

That does work.

Admiral Ryokugyu likes this.
  2. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

That's actually incredibly interesting. I've never thought of it that way. So let's say for example that the One Piece is something that makes you understand the secret of the world.

So there must be 2 Pirate Kings: one must do the studying, and the other one must take action

- The first one, Gol D. Roger, spends his life trying to figure out the secret of the world and what happened during the Void Century, that's why Roger has always been interested in Poneglyphs. When he understood everything, he came up with the One Piece and left it in Raftel.

- The second one, Monkey D. Luffy, will find the One Piece in Raftel, and he'll execute the plan in order to change the world ( destroying Reverse Mountain and all that stuff ). That's why Luffy doesn't care about Poneglyphs and doesn't even know what the Void Century means.

So here, as you said, the world didn't turn upside down when Roger created the One Piece, but it will turn upside down when it will be found next time because the one who finds it will do what's necessary to clean up the world.

So the story of One Piece is basically a relay race, Roger and Luffy make 1 team

this is very very interesting

Marco Polo, Grin and Kia like this.
  3. Grin

Keymaster
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

Oda did say that the One Piece is "a physical reward" and not something like "the friends we made along the way" but I do believe this does qualify.

So it'd be all the information regarding the Void Century in "one piece", then? Making knowledge the ultimate treasure? I could get behind that.

With Roger's illness being the reason he ultimately couldn't go through with it himself? That would wrap it up nicely.

Inherited will...

Kia and Admiral Ryokugyu like this.
  4. Kia

Kia
    *content could be coherent*
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

But it’s good to see you in the theory section. Your input is great. You’re right that picking at things makes them stronger. There’s a reason people have to defend their theses before they can get their advanced degrees. Only having supporting/co-signing voices is not a good thing necessarily. Considering oppositional arguments and countering them effectively makes for better logic. At least that’s my perspective. It could be taken as me just justifying my own behavior though lol. Either way, hope to see you posting more. I should go visit some more myself.

GoldenVenus likes this.
  5. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

That was a great read! I love anything that relates to mythologies because mythologies are always interesting to read. The title Ragnarok is enough to make me click this thread right away XD.

Your theory of the Reverse Mountain sounds plausible to me. Long ago there was already a theory about the destruction of the Red Line/Reverse mountain, and it’s a very interesting theory talking about uniting the 4 seas. It’s a famous and old theory so everyone probably knows. But there were certain things that didn’t really fit in my opinion, and I honestly think your explanation is better.

Also agree with the Noah’s part. Noah’s true story tells how it was supposed to carry the people when the land was submerged in water. Not to carry them from under the water to the surface.

About the name ‘D’ though, I don’t know why but I always feel like it’ll be something completely different and Oda in the end will be like ‘lol you thought?’ XD But the Demeter theory sounds interesting!

Interesting theory about Sharley's premonition. Though, I'm curious about the flame. Is that dues to the destruction, or Luffy's own power. Since he can already ignite fire with his Red Hawk?

Gotta agree with this. When Roger was questioned about it before his execution, he only said 'my treasure' right? He didn't refer to it as One Piece. One Piece was something that the man who asked him mentioned. Or did I remember that wrong? And WB, before his death, said 'One Piece exists.' He never once said 'Roger had One Piece.' So my point is, the descriptions have always been vague, we can't say for sure Roger saw and found One Piece and had it with him. There's a lot of possibilities.

6. Chaudfontaine

Chieftain Chóðinn
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

When I read the theory, I had the same thoughts as Grin. Good to see it answered in the comments.
    The link with D and Demeter is something I have thought about in the past. I feel like a God or a Being with Earthly powers is enough describted in japanese media so that even they can see some link.

I feel like One Piece is getting a Bible feeling, getting stuff from everywhere and making it their own.

7. Johannes

The End of the Beginning
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

This was a stress reliever (reading while at work)! :openmouth:

The Theorist Confirmed :super2:

8. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Yeaah mythologies are interesting ! Thanks for reading !
    Right. Just like Marco said, this is what makes One Piece so special. And it deserves to be called One Piece, because it's a cocktail of mythologies mixed with Oda's own twists into a one piece.

I'm really glad this helped you manage stress. Hang in there buddy !

Dreamer likes this.
  9. BooSheyt

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

As always @Admiral Ryokugyu. You never stop amazes me. Your theory is really worth reading. Bravo!

10. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for taking the time to read it. I'm happy you liked it ^^

BooSheyt likes this.
  11. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

It feels like there are separate theories with the tangents on the likely people involved with Ragnarok at the end.

I don't know much about Nordic references (even with the popularity of recent global series), so this was a great read and I gotta agree that the context implies many of these things will happen.

I do want to expand/add one part though on the Imu part. Imu backwards is umi, which is "ocean" (so umibozu is a mythical sea creature; "bozu" is brat so that doesn't translate well literally). I always liked the contrast of Imu/Tenryuubito up in the sky and everyone else at the sea level. This theme is similar to the dragon/tiger based Asian myths with the land vs. air aspect (since we have a pirate series, sea level replaces land).

So rather than Wadatsumi, the most important (and probably strongest) Sea Kings will be the one's to transport Noah. They even said so themselves that that's their job and they are waiting for Poseidon and the appropriate time.

12. Marco Polo

「DREAM STATE」
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

This is a really interesting idea - one that matches really well with the theme of "Inherited Will" that we've seen in the series a few times

13. BlackhairPau

Apprentice
    Expand Collapse

And when the reverse mountain is destroyed it will become ALL BLUE when all parts of the sea meet

14. BooSheyt

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

#34 BooSheyt, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    upload_2019-10-8_17-43-24.png

Sounds like Roger went to Raftel after all.

upload_2019-10-8_17-45-27.png

One Piece is still unknown. Roger shares about the mystery of "D" but might never get a chance to share more information about One Piece since Whitebeard is not interested in it. Though, Whitebeard had an idea that One Piece is real and can be found in Raftel.

Marco Polo likes this.
  15. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

From the scattered legit info on One Piece, the Void Century, the Ancient Kingdom, Poneglyphs, etc. it's safe to assume Roger knows the truth of the Void Century. The D. Clan is a major role in all of that. Since Roger might have told Whitebeard the entire story, it makes sense that he knows Blackbeard isn't the D. to inherit Roger's "will". So if we piece Whitebeard's response to Blackbeard at Marineford, Roger probably told most if not all of the secrets in the panels referenced.

16. Marco Polo

「DREAM STATE」
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

@Admiral Ryokugyu i shared this theory on our social medias and people are loving it - the likes of Joyboy Theories and Tekking101 are being tagged to read it!

Kia, Judgement, Seiryu and 1 other person like this.
  17. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

that's good to hear. Thank you for sharing it man, i appreciate it.

Marco Polo likes this.
  18. mysticalflute

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

19. Judgement

Onii-chan of OPF
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Holy damn, I think you’re really on to something... Also, JoyBoy has retweeted this theory and also thinks it’s amazing

Kia and Admiral Ryokugyu like this.
  20. God_Usopp

Apprentice Member
    Expand Collapse

great theory
    lots of research in it, was a pleasure to read
    thanks a lot, learnt loads of stuffs (Y)

Admiral Ryokugyu and Kia like this.