1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. Our One Piece User Tournament is back. Join the fun now!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The Formpeace New Year Story

Discussion in 'Writer's Corner' started by Grin, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Grin

Talentless
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

I was bored, so this abomination is back. You don't necessarily have to read the Christmas Story to have fun with this, but it would help you get to know the old characters better.

Chapter 1. The Perfect Storm

"Yuuuuuuumiel Yumetheus Yumpeter de la Yuma!"
    Green yelled in a rage as she threw furniture around.

For those not in the know, she was angry because her trusted companion and talking cat, Yum Yum, had run off with the last pudding cup once more. This raised several questions in Green's mind, including but not limited to:
    1. The hell kind of friend are you?!
    2. How does a cat eat from a pudding cup?!
    3. Do you have any idea what I'm gonna do to you when I catch you?!
    As she contemplated these questions while destroying various furniture, there was a knock at the door. Not thinking much of it, Green-chan continued rummaging through the house in search of her former friend.
    But eventually, enough was enough. She groaned and started walking, with heavy footsteps, towards the front door.

"If I could afford to buy your stupid paintings or whatever I wouldn't be about to murder someone over a pudding cup!" she yelled at the person at the door.

Then, in one swift motion, she opened the door.

"Uhm...I'm not here to sell paintings, Green. Calm down." the uninvited guest said, smiling sheepishly.

There stood a girl slightly taller than Green, dressed in a vivid blue magician's attire, adorned with electric lightning bolt designs. On her shoulder, a shimmering blue fox with lightning in its eyes yawned.

"Chaser of Storms, Acena?!" Green yelled, stumbling over backwards.

A moment later they had settled into the living room. Green sitting on the sofa facing the entrance, paranoid, and Acena with her fox relaxing in the armchair to the left. Yum Yum had casually joined the meeting, mouth still covered in blotches of glistening pudding.

"Uuugh, seeing you is never a good sign, is it?"
    asked Green, groaning.

Acena was taken aback by this rather rude welcome, pouting:

"H-hey, don't be like that. We haven't met in years, and this is how you greet me?"

"Didn't you want us to skip the formalities because this was important, master?" the fox said.

"Ah, yes! As I was about to say, I'm here because-"

Yum Yum interrupted the blue mage, lifting his paw.

"Because something friggin' terrible is about to happen, right? They don't call you the Chaser of Good Times with a Box of Chocolate in a Cozy Blanket with Maybe Some Wine, do they? No! You're the Chaser of STORMS!"

"D-don't say it like it's my fault! The storm happens on its own!" Acena said, growing a little irritated.

Green sat up straight, pondering. In the academy, Acena's magic had always been at its strongest during storms and disasters. Howling winds, bolts of lightning, tornadoes throwing farm animals around. All that empowered her. And she reveled in that power, making it her utmost priority to be in the vicinity of any big storm happening in the world. Hence the title.

"If I take a positive outlook on this, you showing up here is like a good friend coming to warn us about an impending disaster, right?" she said, still not smiling.

"Y-yes! Exactly! I'm not here because I don't have a place to sleep and the inn is full, or anything!" the guest said nervously.

Either way, her showing up was unmistakeable proof of some sort of disaster happening. Acena herself would not know what it was, not exactly. It was more of an instinct for her. Like a good smell floating in the distance, she could follow it. And the closer she got, the more powerful her magic became.

Green knew that this was not something unique to Acena. Every magic user had an affinity to some type of magic, so it was natural that someone would end up with "storms". It wasn't her fault. But even so, Green had to prepare for the impending nightmare that would follow.

"Well, nothing else to it. We should go let Jackson know. Storms are bad for business." Green said, finishing her line of thought.

She stood up from the sofa, stretched, and started looking for her coat. It was possibly forever lost in the chaos of the last Battle for the Pudding, but she would not lose heart. After all, it was the only coat in the house.

Sweetie Jackson was in a good mood that day. Her usual headache was gone, Green and Yum Yum weren't around to make a mess of things, nobody had tried to destroy the world in like a week, and business was booming. There was absolutely nothing that could ruin this day for her.

So with all that in mind, she had taken the liberty to fix up something nice for herself and...him. She took up her pen and notebook, and started slashing at the empty white sheets of paper. It was said to be the magic of the highest kind, unknown to even the most elder magicians. After all, her magic was making 1 from 0. No matter how many times you multiplied 0, it would still be 0. Yet she could make it into a 1. That was her magic, the magic of Creation.

Slash by slash, the picture had started to form. When she had began her training, there had been one tiny issue with her use of it. She couldn't draw at all. So anything she brought to life most likely wished for their life to end as soon as possible. But with time, she had gotten better, and now most things she made were indistinguishable from real things. Although, as always, she could not make food that tasted good. That still had to be made the traditional way.

"Let's see what he'll think of this one." Jackson smiled wryly at her newly created artificial dragon.

While it was the size of a large dog, it was still very much as regal as any dragon, proudly surveying the room. Wait, shit. She had forgotten to give it the ability to talk. Ah well, that was hardly necessary.

Suddenly, its amber eyes were filled with curiousity, and it went into a sprint out of the door!

"Ah, wait up! I didn't even give you a name yet..." the innkeeper lamented, but ended up just taking another bite out of her candy cane. Someone else would handle it.

Downstairs, the customers were merrily eating the fine food of the Jackson Inn. A delicious aroma was in the air, and no plate or mug was empty for long as the goat-headed butlers dashed back and forth from table to table, and from the hall to the kitchen and back. There was supposedly a new chef working there now.

Little did the customers know, all of the things they were so happily eating were just leftovers. But in the end, weren't leftovers even more delicious than the actual meal? Hunger and anticipation made anything taste better, that much was obvious to the new chef of the inn. As he prepared his newest dish, a glazed bacon, he hummed a tune to himself.

That is, until a loud CRASH sounded from his left, and a mechanical dragon left a hole in the wall!

"What the hell?! I thought I said no pets in the inn! Especially not fucking animals! Unless they're food!" the chef yelled, tossing a razor sharp spatula at the invader.

With a quiet "ping", it merely bounced off the dragon's metal hide.

"Hooh...you'd challenge ME? I'll make paté out of you! A casserole á la mode, don't fuck with meeee!"

With that battlecry, the chef dove at the dragon, wrestled it into a Nelson hold and asked it to beg for mercy or he would not let go. However, try as it might, the dragon was unable to speak. And so there they stayed, locked in epic combat between man and beast...

"And one more thing, Acena. Whatever you do, don't ask her about the time we were in a time loop getting repeatedly slaughtered by a woman who usurped the power of a god. She really hates talking about it." Yum said, making a "shhh" motion with his paw.

Acena nodded, unsure if there was any other way she could react to a request like that.

"Either way, after we've told this Jackson person, can we get something to eat?"

"Sounds good to me." a deep voice said from behind the group.

As they turned around in shock, a large man in leather armor stood behind them.

"C-c-choudtaine Fondiel, the Roaring Tide?!" Green-chan screamed, rolling to the side.

"Hohoho! I see you have not forgotten your senpai, Greenie! It is I, the master of water magic!" the large man said with a hearty laugh.

Yum Yum tilted his head. Wait, what was his color, anyway?

"Ahem, Fondiel, what was your color again? If Acena is the blue mage of Storms, what is your color?"

The large man was quiet, and seemed to almost shrink before them.

"....I...I wanted blue..." he said, on the verge of sobbing.

"Well, first come, first serve in magician titles." Acena said nonchalantly, lifting her shoulders.

"Nobody thinks of lightning when they think of blue! You should've been the Yellow Mage, Acenaaa!"

"No, I don't think so. Besides, lightning IS blue. Ish."

"Shut up! Shut uuuup! I'm here to defeat you and take your color for myself!" Fondiel said, taking a battle stance.

Acena shook her head, as if to say there was nothing else to it.

Fondiel was at the limit of his patience. He swung his arms in wide arcs, summoning a massive tidal wave from the horizon! It was like the largest mountain in the world, except made out of sparkling blue water! Like the fury of the seas themselves, ready to devour everything that wasn't in a large wooden ship!

"Hooh...nice trick, but maybe we should do this somewhere where you wont drown innocent people?"
    the blue mage asked, pointing at the inn next to them with her head.

The door next to them opened as if on command, and out stepped a woman in a panda hoodie. Her eyes were cold, only second to the fresh breeze of peppermint in the air. She spoke with icy words and a sharp glare:

"Yes, that would be for the best. Green, who are these magical hobos trying to ruin my fair business?"

To be continued...

Since it's been quite a while from the end of the old story, previous characters will have their profiles remade and updated. New characters will receive theirs when they are officially "introduced".

Chapter 1 Profiles:

Name:
    Green
    Who: @Grin
    Inspiration: For some reason everyone at Forumpiece thought I was a girl, so my character is a girl.
    History: After totally flunking most of her tests in magic school, she somehow managed to graduate despite her incompetence in using almost all forms of magic. However, she tries her best to keep a positive attitude. Possesses a "soul link" with Yum Yum, her familiar. This means that they can't EVER really be left alone. It's more so a curse than a blessing, but it has its uses.
    Attribute: Main Character, Illusion As the main character, Green-chan is granted many mysterious abilities, such as being in every chapter, being able to monologue despite being in the middle of a fight and asspulling victories in final fights. As her origin is based on "illusion", her magic specialty is creating things that don't exist.

Name:
    Yum Yum
    Who: @Yumavo Cado
    Inspiration: He likes Ghibli movies and one of them had a flying girl with a cat, so this is a parody of that.
    History: There's not much known of familiars before they appear to their masters. Perhaps he was something greater before, or he was just a non-talking cat. He doesn't really wanna talk about it. Asking about cheese burgers is racist.
    Attribute: Creation As his real counterpart is an artist, Yum Yum can make "1" from "0".

Name: Jacqueline "Sweetie" Jackson
    Who: @sweetjacky
    Inspiration: She held the position of a Manager on Forumpiece at the time. Also she likes drawing. And Black Butler.
    History: There are many rumours about how the inn owner Jackson came to be, but the most popular story is of a little girl who learned to bring drawings to life. Maybe there is some truth in it? But what's with the goat head butlers?
    Attribute: Creation, Authority, Youtube Having dabbled in art, video and moderation, Jackson is one of the most powerful magicians in the world of Formpeace. She commands not only the magic of miracles, but is also granted unquestioned leadership and management skills.

Name: The Blue Mage Acena, Chaser of Storms
    Who: @Storm chaser
    Inspiration: Mostly her username.
    History: One of the older students from when Green was in magic school, Acena has an affinity for storm and disaster magic. Additionally, her magical power is greatly empowered when in the vicinity of either of these, so she travels the world looking for storms. Legend says she used to be in love with a fire mage who lost his life.
    Attribute: Loyalty Her passion for a single character will become an unbreakable bond here as well.

Name: The Colorless Mage Choudtaine Fondiel, Roaring Tide
    Who: @Chaudfontaine
    Inspiration: The origin of his username.
    History: The master of water magic was known far and wide as the unquestioned authority on his specialty. He'd make crops grow, bring a drink to those who were thirsty and make water parks for kids. However, it just so happened that he was late to register his title as the Blue Mage, so Acena got it for herself. He never really got over it.
    Attribute: Shitposter, Creation, Youtube Those who engage in unfunny memes draw power from the realm of Chaos, becoming unstable and unpredictable. However, he is still granted the boons of Creation and the elusive ability to "show" what is happening somewhere else through pools of water.

2. Marco Polo

*piano intensifies*
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

AAAAHHHH IT'S BACK

Green-chan best girl

Grin likes this.
  3. Chaudfontaine

Chieftain Chóðinn
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

is Green also here a 13 year old?
    And keep it up Grin! or i'll drown you

Grin likes this.
  4. Grin

Talentless
    Expand Collapse

No way

Nah, that'd be child labor. I didn't actually think about it, but whichever age allows you to live by yourself and do work.

People forget how terrifying water is, really. There's so many awful things you can do with it...

5. Chaudfontaine

Chieftain Chóðinn
    Expand Collapse

like drink it, yuk

6. Grin

Talentless
    Expand Collapse

There's estrogen in tap water, if you drink it you'll turn into a girl!

7. Marco Polo

*piano intensifies*
    Expand Collapse

ITS TURNING THE FREAKIN FROGS GAY

Chaudfontaine likes this.
  8. Chaudfontaine

Chieftain Chóðinn
    Expand Collapse

looks like I'll have to get my primitive male self again by drinking beer

Grin likes this.
  9. sweetjacky

Back in Black
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad the story is back, I'll try to keep up with it this time! :D

Btw what does "attribute: youtube" mean?

10. Grin

Talentless
    Expand Collapse

It just means you are in the Youtube team and that gives you an ability inspired by that.

11. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Omg I love this. You have an awsome story talent. Cant wait for the next chapters. :nami::sanji:

I cant believe you had space for Ace reference. You are best. :yesucan::chopper2:

Grin and sweetjacky like this.
  12. Christina Choi

Little Panda
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

The christmas story was really fun to read and this story also seems really cool!!

^_^; I thought you were a girl for a few weeks too.

Grin and Storm chaser like this.
  13. Grin

Talentless
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, thank you. If you're having withdrawal you can consult the previous story.

Ohohoho..I haven't even gotten started with that little footnote!

W-whoa, you read the whole thing? I'm honored.

Eeeeh?! You too?

Either way, Choi, I will recognise your efforts with a character in the story! I hope you'll like her when she shows up!

Storm chaser and Christina Choi like this.
  14. Grin

Talentless
    Expand Collapse

This time around an old character returns!

Chapter 2. At odds, at ends

"C'mon, both of you! This is a really terrible idea! Don't you get it? We're all about to get fucked and you wanna start by beating eachother up?" Green pleaded the two magic users.

"I'm pretty sure I told you to go home, Green." said Acena, lightning crackling at her fingertips.

"Yes, this is no concern of yours, Greenie. Your magic...has no place in this fight." Fondiel chimed in, water spiralling around him.

It really was no good. Just like always, everyone much powerful than her used that as an excuse not to listen. And there really was nothing she could do to force them to stop, either. So she had merely followed them helplessly. It was sort of like when something terrible was about to happen and all you could do was watch idly.

"No...I'm not gonna let this go to shitter this early." Green said, clenching her fists.

"What do you have in mind, Green-chan?" asked Yum Yum, his ears perking up.

"Watch this, Yum. Let's show them how useless my magic really is...!"

"Moonlit Mystic Illusion: WORLD LIAR!"
    As she spoke, a giant titan rose from the ground in front of them. It was brandishing an invincible shield shaped like a seven-leafed clover in its left hand, and in its right hand it help a spear that extended far up into the heavens, rumoured to be able to pierce through anything, even reality itself! A flowing cape made of magma fell from its massive shoulders, eclipsing the sun itself and leaving the world in total darkness. Its eyes were the like the stars in the sky, and it spoke with a rumbling voice that shook the earth:
    "Trespassers, stand down before Ga'Zal Thuum, Devourer of Worlds!"

And then, it was quiet. Nobody said anything for quite some time. Green was breathing heavily, and blood had started to drip out of her nose. She was really pushing it with that one. And even with all that effort, it wasn't even real. It was merely an...

"...Illusion. It was right in the name, wasn't it, Acena?"
    asked the water mage, digging his ear with one finger.

"I heard it too, Fondiel. Green probably thought we couldn't hear her call out the name of the spell, or something."

Green could barely hear their disappointed remarks from the sound of blood rushing through her head. She wobbled backwards, and fell into the pile of snow.

"G-green! Get it together!" Yum screamed, hopping on top of her head.

Everything was starting to look hazy. Her illusion promptly shattered into tiny purple shards, scattering around the snowy field and giving it an eerie light.

"That'll be our GAME START, Fondiel. Under this beautiful purple rain Green gave us, I'll show you that the title of blue mage is mine!"

Acena spoke with confidence, before thrusting her open hand forward. From each of her five finger tips, a massive bolt of blue lightning flew at Fondiel's direction. They were a hissing sound as they passed through the purple remains of the spell, burning through them and the very air itself. Before reaching their target, a massive wall erupted in front of them with a loud WHOOOSH.

"Stop it with the party tricks, Acena. I know you can do better than that. If anything, by conducting your energy into my water shield, you've given me the advantage!"

The burly man slammed his open palms against eachother, evaporating the electrified wall of blue into a thick mist. Acena found herself unable to see, and started blindly firing bolts of lightning around her. Then, she remembered Green was probably still passed around somewhere nearby. Ah, what a useless girl, that one. Somehow getting in the way even when she's not doing anything...!

"Green, if you're still conscious, I advice you to get some distance between us. Yum Yum, if she's not, I'll leave it to you. Because there is only one spell I can use when I cannot see..."

Yum Yum promptly bit into Green's coat, and with surprising force, started dragging her away from the misty cloud of vapor as quickly as he could. Acena wasn't the "teehee, just kidding!" type. Unlike some people.

"I BRING DOWN THE HAMMER OF THE SKIES! THUNDERWAVE!"
    In an instant, or, "at the speed of lightning", if you will, all the ground in a circle around Acena disappeared in a flash of bright white and a thundering roar! She repeated the spell a couple of times just to be sure, every hit leaving a smell of burning..everything in the air. But still, it seemed she had not managed to hit her target:

"Even your spell casts are colored yellow you thieving bastard! Just give me my blue color already!" Fondtaine yelled from above.

Right as Acena had graciously announced her intentions, Fondiel had used a jet of water of propel himself upwards, high into the sky. As he floated in slowmotion for some reason, he had furnished a bow out of water. His right hand was holding the bow, and with his left he was pulling back an "arrow" of shimmering blue.

"Do you know...what high pressure streams of water can do, Chaser of Storms? They use water jet cutters, a mix of water and minerals to mine through the ground! The only thing you've been chasing after by coming here...IS AN EARLY DEATH!"
    "IMPALE MY UNWORTHY FOE! AQUA ARROW!"

And as he yelled, he let go of the tiny shimmering jet of blue, and it burst towards his target with 100% accuracy. This technique of his could never miss. If his target dodged out of the way, it would twist and turn in the air until it found its mark. There was no way of surviving it aside from Ancient or Mythical level barriers, neither of which were part of Acena's repertoire as a mage of storms!​

"You irredeemable fool, throughly foolish fool covered in fool-sauce! Do you know what happens when you're the highest point in the vicinity of the Chaser of Storms?! This is checkmate, Colorless Mage!" Acena said, followed by a massive pillar of thunder striking down from the heavens:

"O' PILLAR THAT HOLDS UP THE HEAVENS, VANQUISH! TOWER OF BABYLON!"

And as these two spells were about to collide with their respective targets...they simply vanished, as if they had never been there in the first place. Acena fell on her knees in relief. The water jet had already touched her forehead, and a tiny river of crimson was falling down her cheek. Fondiel fell right into the ground with a heavy thud, somewhat jittery but mostly unharmed by the voltage that was about to course through his veins and obliterate him cell by cell. But...what had happened, exactly?

"Stop this at once, both of you."

As the magicians turned to look, they found themselves staring at the stern expression of a girl much younger than them. She was dressed in a white cloak, not much different from the ones worn by mages. However, she was missing the telltale symbols most magic users wore to display their status. While this did not apply to all (such as Green, to whom it would beat the entire point of her spells to advertise their type) most spellcasters wanted their enemies to know what they were about to face.

"I am not your enemy. Neither are you eachother's enemy." the girl said, softening her expression a little.

"I don't know who you are, kid, but I hate being interrupted when I'm about to win. So why don't you just take a nap!" Acena said, directing a rather low voltage bolt at the mystery girl.

Its intent was more so to paralyze than to cause any real harm. Her amount of practice in using electricity was so keen she was capable of this feat. But much like the previous spells, it seemed to merely vanish in the girl's vicinity. A soft sound could be made out, resembling a bubble popping.

"Ah...it seems they still don't FEEL it, Kurina." an energetic man's voice said from behind the group.

As he made his way closer, an upbeat sound of various instruments seemed to grow in volume. Before them was a flamboyantly dressed man wearing sunglasses, a loose white shirt exposing much of his chest, brightly colored pants, leather shoes and the whole thing topped with blonde hair combed upwards. He was surrounded by floating instruments of all sorts, all playing the same tune.

"Feelin' Marcus, right here! Do you FEEL it now, ladies, gentleman, tiny magical animals?" he said, while snapping his fingers.

The exhausted looking mages stared at this odd pair in shock, and as he made his way closer the instruments fell right out of the air, softly hitting the snowy ground.

"Ah...! I forgot you'd nullify these as well. So much for my cool entrance..."

The girl supposedly named Kurina gave an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry, I know you really value your music."

Marcus smiled back, shaking his head.

"No, no. It's fine. After all, I can still play with my hands!"

He slipped his foot under a banjo laying in the snow, kicked it up, and defly caught it, unleashing a medley of cheerful melodies.

"See? All good, I can still FEEL it."

Kurina gave a soft chuckle at this display, before turning her gaze back to the fighting wizards.

"You two, why are you fighting?"
    she asked.

Fondiel explained his story, insisting they use her "bullshit magic eating powers" to beat up Acena until she lets go of her rights to the title.

"No, I don't think we need to do anything of the sort."
    the girl said.

"What? But if I don't get my rightful color, I'll never be able to let go of this hatred...! This bitterness dwelling inside me!"

"Sure you can. Because I will help you. For one, isn't pure water clear? Can't you see through it? If anything, Colorless Mage is an appropriate title for a true master of water magic."

Fondiel was taken aback by this unforeseen discovery. However, he would not relent quite yet:

"And...and what about my casting? I can't very well announce my spells in invisible color, can I-...wait actually, that's genius. That's so clever! Now nobody can tell what I'm about to do! Hahahaha!" he talked faster and faster as he went on, finishing his explanation with a hearty laugh.

The girl nodded, looking content.

"As for you, Chaser of Storms...do you still bear ill will towards this man?"

Acena shook her head. It had never been anything personal her. Just an eye for an eye.

"Then, about your habit of wandering into every dangerous situation you can find. Could it be that you really wish to-"

But before she could finish, Acena cut her off:

"More importantly, can either of you weirdoes use healing magic? Green seems a little...out of sorts."

Kurina shook her head, followed by Marcus shrugging. The two of them offered to carry the unconscious mail girl back to town, though, which Yum Yum accepted with gratitude. There was only so much weight a lazy cat like him could pull in a day, after all.

Green found herself waking up to an unfamiliar roof. Her head was still aching as if Marcus had made it one of his snare drums for the newest arrangement. Before doing anything else, she checked under the bed. Nobody there. Then, with a loud exhale she fell back in the bed. Maybe nothing terrible would actually happen this time, and Acena was mistaken with her instinct. Though, then again, that duel between the two of them would've probably been more than enough to refer to as a "disaster".

"Rise and shine, sleepyhead!" the familiar voice of her cat spoke.

Yum Yum jumped gently on the bed from the floor, walking a few steps to make direct eye contact:

"Wow, you sure took a nap. It's been 20 years since we last talked-"

"Eeeeeh?!"
    Green yelled, shooting out of bed.

"Of course not, stupid. Wow, for someone specializing in illusions you sure are susceptible to them yourself." the cat said, licking its paw.

Green took the nearest pillow and tossed it at the mischievous critter. Groaning as she held her now somewhat more pained head, she rolled around in the wide, soft bed. It was so comfortable compared to her own she felt there wasn't really any point in whether it had been 20 years or not. As long as this bed existed, she'd be fine. Just staying there.

"Okay I was a little mean, but you really have to get up." Yum Yum said, peeking his head from behind the bottom end of the bed.

Another pillow flew straight for his head, missed, and hit the wall behind him.

"No, seriously, this is important!"

Now came the blanket, rolled tightly into an improvised projectile weapon.

"Just shut up and let me die in this bed!" Green cried.

Then, the door of the room opened.

"While I'm not entirely opposed to you being in my bed, I'd rather not you make a mess of it by dying on it."

Feelin' Marcus was smiling his signature smile, leaning against the doorframe.

"It IS a damn good bed, after all."

And with that, he made a couple of curious dance moves, before walking to the bedside.

"You FEELING alright, Green?" he said, jumping on the bed.

The bed shifted to the way he landed, making Green bounce right into his arms.

"Oh, wow. I gotta remember this trick. That was so smooth."
    Marcus said to himself, chuckling.

"More importantly, though. I should introduce to you...Kurina, my apprentice bard!" Marcus said, pointing at the door with one arm.

There was nobody at the door.

"...damn that girl. As I was saying...Kurina! My protégé, my pride and joy who will surpass my musical skill!"

Still nothing, that Green could see anyway.

"...you know what, forget it." Marcus said, standing up and crossing his arms.

Right as he did, the girl in white rushed into the room, leaning on her knees and panting.

"I...I totally forgot...! Sorry, did I miss the timing for the cool thing?"
    she asked, hastily wiping raven-black bangs to the side.

Marcus did not say a word, merely pouting at the sight of her.

"Look, I just got a little into what I was working on, Marcus. I'll match your timing next time, for sure!"

"What was the keyword, Kurina? What was iiiit?"
    Marcus demanded, sobbing.

"'Feeling', right?" Kurina asked.

"Yes! Precisely! When I ask 'How are you FEELING, Green?!' you were supposed to be at the door, and then dramatically appear when I introduce you! Was that so hard?!"

Green sloppily rolled out of Marcus' free hand, stood up, and dusted herself off.

"Marcus, it really doesn't matter. That bounce...thing...probably made up for it, anyway. Nice to meet you, Kurina." Green said, with a sleepy bow of her head.

Marcus looked satisfied with this proposition, smiling and nodding by himself. He then stood up, spun in place and walked out of the room, seemingly in a hurry.

"That...sure was something, hahaha."
    Kurina laughed.

"It's okay, we're acquiantances. Of sorts." Green said, still trying to get her bearings.

"I only met him recently, but he's really kind. For a magic user, anyway..."

Kurina's gaze was promptly cast down into the floor. The latter part of the sentence seemed to lose strength as she spoke it, leaving her head hanging for just a moment, then being replaced by a wide smile.

"Were those two...your friends?" she asked Green, hesitating.

"Well I only met one of them today, if it's still today, and the other one I hadn't seen in years. I'll say no, they weren't."

The other girl's expression darkened at Green's answer.

"You seemed to care awful lot about them for someone unrelated."

Green felt a chill run down her back. The look in her eyes was rather different from just a minute ago when she was messing around with Marcus. Almost as if that clumsy girl had been replaced with an entirely different person. The dark eyes of the girl seemed to look deeper and deeper into Green's, and time had frozen still.

"W-well...you don't just call everyone you see your friends, do you? And I...don't like seeing anyone get hurt. That's why I followed them." she said, trying to explain her logic.

Kurina seemed satisfied with this answer, going back to her beaming smile:

"Ah, I see."

Yum Yum had been observing the conversation from a distance, as he usually did. He lazily walked towards the two girls, jumping on Green's head:

"Well, it's been nice chatting with you, Kurina, but Green and I have to go see our boss. Ta ta!"

The girl merely nodded, following the delivery pair with her eyes as they left the room, not daring to even close the door behind them. As they made their way out of Marcus' house, Green went into almost full sprint, running for dear life.

"Owl's feathers, she's so...there's such pressure emanating from her."
    Green said, catching her breath.

"What are you talking about?" Yum Yum asked.

Had the cat not felt it? The ominous feeling? It could've just been between her ears, Green thought to herself. But either way, she did not feel comfortable, and had to get away. By any means necessary. As much distance as possible.

"Look, I know you're not good with people. And that's why I bailed you out of there. But please, don't even try to make it sound like that innocent girl who SAVED OUR LIVES is some, I don't know, creepy weirdo."

Green wasn't even going to dignify Yum Yum's rebuttal with an answer. Of course he was right! She knew that! But still, it wasn't that easy to just go with whatever she KNEW was true when she FELT differently. It was such a clashing sensation of two sides battling for dominance, neither giving an inch. Much like the duel between Acena and Fondiel had been.

"Whatever...now then, where did I leave my broom? I'm glad I don't have to walk all the way back home from...wherever we are."

Yum's paw met his face lighting fast.

"W-wait, seriously? Where is it...?" Green asked, looking all around.

Had Marcus possibly brought it inside? No, there was no point in doing that. It's not like it could be damaged by the elements, or anything.

"You didn't take your broom with you to begin with, dumbass. We walked with Acena, so we didn't fly."

Green recalled that it was never a good idea to ask yourself if it could get any worse. It had already gotten very dark outside, and she was turning her head between the woods...and Marcus' house.

TO BE CONTINUED

Name: Feelin' Marcus
    Occupation: Funkmeister Extraordinaire Superiore (it's not a pizza!)
    Who: @Marco Polo
    Inspiration: His original incarnation was inspired by my limited knowledge of Marco, only really hearing that he could play music. He keeps that, but I'm also trying to channel that lighthearted spirit of his this time.
    History: A genius musician since birth, the only magic he could ever use was the flashy kind. While useless in combat and manual labour, it does look rather fetching! He seems to have taken an apprentice with him this time.
    Attribute: Creation, Authority, Youtube, Shitposter A man of many talents on the forums, but his in-universe counterpart still seems rather powerless despite everything. Or...is he?

Name: Kurina
    Who: @Christina Choi
    Inspiration: It's mostly her personality. Of course the two aren't the same person, so there are differences.
    History: Marco has not asked much of his new friend, nor has she said anything on her own. But she does have a unique ability...
    Attribute: Amicable, Creation Kurina, strangely enough, channels the inverse of her Creation attribute. The main focus is on the trait belonging to the one who seems to win "Nicest Member" without fail. Every thousand years a child is born who truly wishes no harm on anyone, offering their friendship to all who accept it. And through their peaceful code of conduct, they unlock the ability to dispel magic that would harm others. But only as long as they can hold on to their pledge of peace...

15. Judgement

Onii-chan of OPF
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Nice, @Grin! Gonna follow this from now on.

16. Grin

Talentless
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure if you read the "prequel" so I'm curious: is it difficult to picture what's happening? What about it made you decide to read/follow it?

17. Marco Polo

*piano intensifies*
    Expand Collapse

I'm FEELING it, Green

I need to get my Feelin' Marcus avatar back somehow...

Storm chaser and Grin like this.
  18. Grin

Talentless
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Storm chaser and Marco Polo like this.
  19. Marco Polo

*piano intensifies*
    Expand Collapse

You're a beautiful man/girl/trap, Green

20. Judgement

Onii-chan of OPF
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Didn't read the prequel! After having read Chapter 1, I became curious about the characters (who are based on Forum members) and in Chapter 2 I started getting into a reading flow. It's probably because I dig your writing style and the characters seem interesting to me! Especially Marcus, Green and Yum. Once I get into that reading flow, I'm able to picture scenes very clearly. That scene at the inn with the dragon had me giggling out loud at "don't fuck with meeee-". Which brings me to another point of interest -- humor. I like that in your writing.

What made me decide to read it? I was curious, since I also read another short story of yours about a month ago which I thought was pretty good. I don't remember the title right now, but it was a short, one-word one. What made me decide to follow it? Yum, the talking cat, of course.