1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The Gorosei are Kings

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Pacquiao8, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think the Gorosei are kings of 5 of the original 20 Kingdoms of World Government.

As we all know, the World Government is somewhat based on the United Nations organization. UN was formed right after the WWII, while the WG was formed right after the Void Century. Now, under UN, there is this what we call the United Nations Security Council and it has 5 permanent members. The following text is from the United Nations page about the Security Council:

Now, it can be assumed that in One Piece world, there were 5 kingdoms during the Void Century that led the victory of the 20 Kingdoms against the Ancient Kingdom. And when they formed the World Govenment, those 5 kingdoms' new royalties formed themselves as the Gorosei. Of course, since those nations are powerful, everyone agreed.

PS: There's something that suddenly bothered me that has something to do with the Void Century and Will of the D when writing this one. I need to refresh my history class first and do some research and I might post another theory about it. It has something to do with the 2 world wars.

gboxrkw, Awakened and Seiryu like this.
  2. Date Damon

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Oh man, that makes a lot of sense, really. The WG being a reference to the UN and the Gorosei are the five most powerful nations. Very good, Pac. Btw, the WG consists of only 20 countries? I thought it was more than that.

3. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Originally, yes. 20 countries formed the WG. After that, more countries joined because before the timeskip Spandam said that there are around 170 member countries.

4. Kyros

The Legend
    Super Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Sound cool but I think they only work for CD as Akainu said that the puppets of CD even didn't mind Gorosei orders.

If the Gorosei are the strongest WG then why would CP cross them..

[​IMG]

5. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yes, that's true. And is somewhat out of the scope already.

Maybe I have to research on that too, the relationship between the UN and the INTERPOL.

6. Kyros

The Legend
    Super Moderator
    Expand Collapse

You can do it , I know.. :giggle::giggle::giggle:

7. SniperKing

Expand Collapse

I believe you are correct in making the connection between the Gorosei and the alliance that was formed to defeat this ancient kingdom. To take your theory a bit further, I looked up all the members of the Allied powers during World War II and came up with a list of countries.

United Kingdom
    USA
    Soviet Union
    France
    Australia
    Belgium
    Bolivia
    Brazil
    Canada
    China
    Denmark
    Greece
    Mexico
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Norway
    Poland
    South Africa
    Yugoslavia

Interestingly enough there were exactly 20 countries that Allied together to fight against the axis powers (5 superpowers of the victors which you mentioned (although technically China was not considered to be a superpower during this war ), plus an additional 15 countries), which aligns with the 20 kingdoms that fought against the ancient kingdom.

The formation of the World Government also seems to follow this path, as the UN was formed after the war. Currently there are 193 members of the UN, which would also could match the number of countries associated with the World Government. One piece wiki has quote that Spandam gave during the Enies Lobby incident:
    Spandam:
    Speaking of the symbol. The flag that the World Governments uses has five dots on it. If these five countries formed the World Government after the war, these dots are most likely referring to the Gorosei or their countries in respect; with a lines connecting them to indicate solidarity as an alliance.

As a side note, The Marines are also associated with the UN. While the World Government oversees the affairs of the world, they use the Marines as "peacekeepers" to enforce their will.

Similarly some of the same ideals are held in the UNs page of what we do.

Although with this being said, the World Government has its own agenda. As human rights is a part of what they stand for, they blur the lines and turn a blind eye when it comes to people who are part human (or not human at all), as seen on Sabaody Archipelago.

Hopefully I didn't ramble too long :)

8. Date Damon

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Oh dear, this is so interesting! Now I'm 90% sure this is true.

9. Gol. D. Chris

Captain of the Roger Pirates
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Nice theory, I like it.

If the people of the ancient Kingdom would be the people with the D in the name, it would mean that the people from Germany and Japan are the people with the D?

10. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for this support statement!

That's actually one of those things that bothered me. Could it be that the Ancient Kingdom is allied with the Wano Country and the Fishman Island? Are they really based on the Axis Powers? Or the Jews? How about the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki? The invasion of East Asia? African colonization? Third Reich? Pearl Harbor attack?

Well I know it doesn't have to be totally based with the WWII. But maybe WWI is also included if ever. Remember that Industrial Revolution is one of the major event before the WWI and interestingly, the Ancient Kingdom is said to have an advance technology.

11. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I like it!

Keen to see how it all connects. Which ones are going to be depicted as the Nazi
    o__O

12. SniperKing

Expand Collapse

I'm not sure that at this point he is going as far to directly link everything to WW2. I do have some theories that I will post as soon as I can get them arranged in my brain. But if this ends up being the case it would be Germany, Japan, and Italy to complete the axis powers. Though there really hasn't been too much information to support or disprove this yet.

You know, I have been pondering this idea as well... Somethings about what I believe to be true from the information that has been given so far has been confusing me. I need to think on it a little more, but I will make a thread as soon as I can figure out where I am going with this. I like fully baked theories ;)

13. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'll be looking forward to your theory. True, it won't necessarily be all WWII.

14. Polybotes

Weaklings can't pick their way of death.
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

good theory. so we can say oda has taken the concept of gorosei right from the united nations and world war which shouldnt come as shock to us since we already know he likes to mix real world with op world. what i am keen to find out is how he is going to portray family od d who opposed gorosei and tenryubito. i mean if this is right, which it almost is, then Germany will be portrayed by family of d. so i guess we can formulate three things from this bull's eye speculation.

1) family of d put up a huge fight against a particular country or kingdom, so much so that it was forced to ally itself with other countries.

2) they almost won the battle against that kingdom and almost managed to throw that kingdom's rule before alliance took place.

3) there was a very influential leader of family of d 9 ( read:- Hitler ) who had his own set of principles for conquering world.

4) there are still lots of conspiracy theories regarding him and his scientific experiments, the most famous being he has managed to clone himself and that he is still alive.

i know one guy who fits the bill and he is dr. vegapunk.

my guess is he is the leader of family of d, and still alive after witnessing void century. world govt captured him during the end of the battle and void century and kept him alive , somehow blackmailed him to work for them in order to extinguish any further rebellion coming from survivours of d family. since their leader started working for world govt., d family gave up fight and lost contact with him.

thats just one of my wild hunches. tell me what u think .... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

True. That's also possible.

16. Monster Trio

青眼の究極竜
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Very well thought of Theory, its nice and connects a lot of stuff. Wanna know what the real reason might be :)

17. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

this theory is the best one i heard in long time...nice job :D

18. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I remember this theory of mine. LOL. Now that the Gorosei are confirmed to be CDs, I think it makes more sense now, not that I'm saying that it's full of sense. Only that they're not the current kings of their respective kingdoms, but the descendants of the original kings.

Chaudfontaine likes this.
  19. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

but why would they only pick 5 instead of 20?
    i mean the less people the better if you look for governance efficiency, but that must have been a hassle to pick just 5.

20. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Because they are one of the "main masterminds" (I speculate that there was/were more entity/ies involved other than the 20 royals) of a certain event during the Void Century.