1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The marines will get their own raid suits

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by James geraghty, Jun 14, 2018.

1. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

it was mentioned that vegapunk has invented something that would replace the warlord system altogether and several ideas have come forth
    Some of the most popular ones have been, upgraded pacifistas, super weapons, some kind of mech suit. ( think the suit iron man made in the cave in iron man 1)

I think that this new invention will be vegapunk version of the raid suit.

I believed it would be a upgraded pacifista at first but then something caught my eye last chapter. Hina and garp were discussing the rocks pirates and garp mentioned that if they were to form together again that the marines would be screwed either way.

It has also been hinted at that the marines have been taking several losses recently and aren’t prepared to fight the yonko and other big time pirates.

So I was thinking that the marines need something to boost their power full on instead of just finding a new weapon that would give them an advantage.
    This led me to the raid suits. It was made clear enough that the vinsmokes while strong were still pretty weak without their suits and if they could get such an upgrade in power why can’t anyone else.

Judge worked under vegapunk in the past so if judge could do it why can’t he, after all we seen vegapunk creating cyborg animals and creating robots why couldn’t he invent a raid suit.

Now I don’t know if it will be exactly like the raid suits the vinsmokes use, for example maybe just to keep the vinsmokes more “special” the marines won’t have crazy different powers instead it will just be super speed and enchancd strength.

This won’t mean any marine could fight top tier pirates like cracker or marco for example but it will help them and give them a lead on fighting the unnamed pirates of these crews.

I would say that we won’t see Akainu and such wearing them because they are logias but then again turning into lava or ice or whatever doesn’t really seem to affect their normal clothing, so it might make them a bit op but who knows.

It could be that vegapunk got around creating artificial df but if that was the reveal I think that would be a bit of a let down because we kind of did that before and we will see it again with kaido.

I think raid suits will make the marines a bit more relevant again and give them a better chance at fighting the emperors.

2. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I was planning to post a thread in which I talk about Vegapunk's new invention, but I think i'll end up writing that in my answer to this thread. What I think of is that Vegapunk extracted the poison from the kids that Caesar was using for experiments ( as you know they took the kids to Vegapunk to heal them ), so he extracted the Gigantification Substance and he succeeded in finding the mistake Caesar made. So now Vegapunk was able to create the correct Gigantification Substance by correcting Caesar's one, and now the Navy can have giant soldiers, so the Shichibukai aren't needed anymore.

Yuuzume likes this.
  3. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

#3 Mcguint, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    I'm not sure many people see this distinction as I do, but the Pacifista were never seen in their complete forms to begin with-- those things we saw pre, and post, time-skip were merely prototypes. Sentomaru stated this quite clearly.

I believe Vegapunk had a plan for them which is only now coming to its full fruition.
    - What kind of plan? Well, Universal Soldiers; the perfect Human Weapons. In what sense, though? Well... there's many ways to consider that. But, I feel each of the Pacifista units will be capable of housing a single Devil Fruit each-- along with their base abilities which we seen in their prototype forms (the lasers, and resilient bodies along with the enhanced sensory systems). But, the most important upgrade of all-- sentience. They currently possess a mere Soft version of A.I. They can actually take that a step further, and get a Hard version.

---

The difference between a soft/hard A.I is the difference between a toaster and sentient robotic life form. The toaster needs to be programmed to react to certain situations whereas the robotic life form would be capable of not only learning, but adapting and employing new counter-tactics. This is something the Pacifista completely failed to overcome when Luffy encountered the prototype models again after the time-skip. So, I expect to see them overcome that-- and then some.

If they did not, I would honestly be surprised.

---

In theory, they should be as intimidating as they were when they were first encountered during the Marineford War. They were truly menacing back then because not many people were actually prepared for them even at their basic prototype level at that point. At least, in that place and at that time.

However, since then-- the prototype model has shown how much it lacks in comparison to the pirates of the New World and their Devil Fruit abilities (and Haki). I believe the tables will turn on this, and the Pacifista will once again be considered a great threat each time every single one shows up. They probably won't even require sending more than one at a time at that point. And if they do send more than one... well... that's gonna be some shit...

The most powerful one among them will likely be the original one, Bartholomew Kuma's body itself-- housing the Paw-Paw Fruit which allows it to create a warp-bubble for travel purposes... like, my God Kuma.. what did you give the World government..

It would be silly to think that specific Pacifista unit would never fully employ the abilities of that fruit, and I believe one of the most important parts to using any Devil Fruit ability involves possessing a Mind. A Hard A.I would be sufficient for this purpose-- they would be capable of thought (the basis for Haki).

The idea of sentience for them is really something that would make them cross a boundary they weren't previously able to-- especially where it concerns using Haki. But, I don't think they will ever be very good at it. They might be able to use it. But, I don't think they possess the Minds capable of activating its higher levels.

---

In regard to Raid Suits... my thought is that it's Judge's thing, and Vegapunk has been focusing on other areas of science.

4. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

That makes sense I didn’t even think about it, but I don’t think that is even enough. The giants are strong but they aren’t that high of a threat to the stronger pirates. Look at luffy before the time skip he was no match for the admirals and the higher level marines and pirates he was strong but he was out of his depth in that war. But even so he was able to knock the giants down pretty easily. He was even able to go toe to toe with broggy back in little garden.

So yes giants are pretty strong and would give them an advantage but when it comes to the plot and they are fighting kaido and big mom I believe at best the giants will just last longer. I believe if the marines really need to close this gap they will need a weapon every marine can use an army of giants is good but I don’t see giants making up for the abstence of Hawkeye or handcock.
    It was also called an invention. Inventions usually refer to something you built that new like a car or a lightbulb. The giant process will be a chemical/biological thing which is referred to as a discovery. For example it would be proper to say “ I discovered a cure for cancer” as oppose to “ I invented a cure for cancer “

Maybe I have to reread fujitora chapter again or it’s just got lost in translation.

Maybe it will be a big twist and it turns out vegapunk created several different things.

I like the raid suit idea but the problem is that would make the pacifista program pointless and we haven’t really seen them. The pacifista were just a plot device to show off the straw hats strengths because before time skip it took all of them to kill 1 and post time skip luffy took one out with a single punch.

We also know that the giant program has been going on for a while so maybe they created raid suits, upgraded the pacifistas and found a way to create giants and maybe he found a way to create artificial df. It might be too op but doing all of this will certainly mean the marines could take on an allied yonko war.

5. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

I keep saying this, the Pacifista are NOT being [upgraded]. They were NEVER in their complete forms to begin with.

An upgrade, to me, sounds like they are having additional components added on to them. Which is true! But, it might lead some people to think they were already in their complete forms. Like, they "need" an upgrade-- … need an upgrade... they aren't even fully functional yet, wait until you can see what they'll really do.

6. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

Like @Admiral Ryokugyu ,I won't make a theory about this and will say my opinion on this in this thread since you created it (thank you).I don't think the Marines' new weapon will be the raid suits or super weapons,I believe it will be a pacifista upgrade.I doubt that Oda will give Pacifista an upgrade on their AI and make them capable of accumulating experience for battles and adapt to their enemies' abilities,like the sentinels in X-Men.It's actually a possibility still,but I see it as the more unlikely one for now because it would make them too overpowered,like in the sentinels' case.The possibility I see as more liekly to happen,is them getting the power of a devil fruit.Remember what Law said to the SH crew when they were impressed by Ceasar's ability to make the SMILE,he said that it as actually Vegapunk who made the formula.And there has been precedence of him experimentng with devil fruit when he put their powers into weapons,like Spandam's sword.Also,it has been strongly hinted that Vegapunk is the ne who will reveal the truth and details about the devil fruits.So if we're talking about a new invention/upgrade/new military strength created by that man,I believe it'll be related to devil fruits.Having said that,I don't think we'll see every single Marine equipped with a devil fruit,so the next possible choice in my eyes,are the pacifista.Like we saw in Sabaody,they have become a bit obsolete and this upgrade will make them into a considerable force once again.

James geraghty likes this.