1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The first PAW of the year... Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

VOTING The Monthly PAW: December 2019 Voting

Discussion in 'Votings' started by sweetjacky, Jan 11, 2020.

1. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Administrator Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

The Monthly PAW December 2019
    Now that the forum is back up again and I got some time I can finally post the voting thread for December.

As usual, please vote for at least 3 entries (if possible, lol) per category. You can divide your votes like this, for example:

P:
    1. Robin
    2. Franky
    3. Chopper

A:
    1. Usopp
    2. Bob Ross
    3. Kanjuro

W:
    1. Nami
    2. Lola
    3. Sabo

NEW RULE:
    From now on people are no longer allowed to vote for themselves. If they still do, I simply won't count that vote. (Sometimes there are only 3 submissions so the voter won't give away their entry if they still "vote" for their own piece.) This was tolerated before but it should have been a rule before as it can change the outcome in favor for that person, especially when there are few voters. I've discussed this change with the forum team and they've all agreed on this.

You can vote until Saturday, the 18th of January. After that I will be posting the results and award the winners.

Here are the submissions:

Photography - Cookies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Art - Santa, his helpers and nemesis

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Writing - Heartwarming

Winner by default: @Dreamer

Christmas Brings Us Together

Theo Thomas walked down the snowy sidewalk in the darkening evening. It was almost Christmas but he wasn’t happy.

Theo Thomas was originally a rich man. He was the president of large company, he had money, power and friends. Until everything fell. His company went bankrupt, he hadn’t enough money anymore, power disappeared, his friends and the third wife left him.

Theo sat down on the park bench and took the sandwich he had bought from the grocery store out of his jacket’s pocket. That was the only thing he could afford. As he ate, he watched people walking past him. They seemed busy but happy. They propably had people dear to them waiting for them at home. Theo didn’t have home nor anybody waiting for him.

A sudden sound startled Theo from his sad thoughts. He looked around and when he heard it again, he noticed that it was coming from the bush next to the bench.

Theo moved bush’s branches aside and found a puppy tied with strap to branch. Puppy stared at Theo with his big eyes and whined sadly.

”Hey, little one. Who has left you here?” Theo asked gently as he began to open the strap’s knot. It was difficult with his frostbitten fingers but finally Theo managed open the knot. Theo took the puppy inside his jacket and sat back down on the bench.

”Are you hungry?” Theo asked from puppy and offered it a piece of his sandwich. Puppy sniffed his hand before it ate the piece of sandwich. Theo smiled as he petted puppy’s fur. Maybe he wouldn’t be all alone this Christmas.

”Rolf! There you are!”

Theo rose his eyes from puppy and noticed an elderly man and young woman walking towards him. Puppy started to bark eagerly when it saw the man.

”Oh, I’m so relieved that you’re alright, Rolf!” man exclaimed with sincere expression of delight. To Theo he said: ”Thank you so much for finding Rolf. It was stolen from us and my grandchildren were very worried about it.”

”I see,” Theo said, trying to hide his disappointment.

”How can I even repay to you, Mr.-?” man asked when Theo handed the puppy to him.

”Theo Thomas,” Theo answered.

”What?”

Theo and man turned to face the young woman who had come with the elderly man. That woman seemed somehow familiar to Theo. Woman stared speechlessly at Theo for a moment before he finally managed to say: ”Dad?”

Just then Theo understood why the woman seemed familiar. She looked quite similar than his second wife who had left him with their daughter years ago.

”Clara?” Theo stuttered and lowered his eyes with ashamed expression. He was already aware of all those times when he hadn’t had time to his daughter or been able to fulfill the promises he had given to her.

Man glanced by turns at Theo and Clara and, sensing the tension, informed to them: ”I’m sure you have lot to talk about, so I leave you two alone. Thank you once again to both of you for helping me find Rolf.”

After the man left, Theo rose his eyes. Clara stood in front of him, her arms crossed over her chest.

”You have… grown up,” Theo said quietly.

”Really?” Clara asked bitterly. ”You barely noticed me before mom and me left.”

”I know!” Theo exclaimed. ”I know that I have been bad father to you and your half-siblings. And… you have right to be angry to me.”

Clara stared at her father with thoughtful expression.

Unnoticed by either father or daughter, the man and his puppy were standing in the nearby alley, following the situation. The conversation between Theo and Clara seemed very awkward but it was clear that both of them had something to tell each others. Finally man saw Clara taking her cell phone out of her jacket’s pocket and calling somebody.

After the phone call both Theo and Clara sat down on the bench. They talked some time before a taxi arrived.

Man smiled when he saw Clara and Theo getting in the taxi. He placed puppy on the ground and snapped his fingers. There was a flash of light and in his place stood Santa Claus. Then he snapped his fingers again and puppy turned into a red nosed reindeer that was harnassed in front of a sled.

”Alright, Rudolph,” Santa Claus said with smile as he patted reindeer’s side. ”Once again some people have learned what’s truly important.”

Santa Claus got in the sled and then the sled flew imperceptibly into the starry evening sky.

The End

If you have any questions about the voting feel free to ask.

Be sure to check out the January PAW ;)

Johannes and Kia like this.
  2. Kia

Kia
    “Don’t try to find a reason for somebody’s love.”
    Supernova Member of the Year 2019
    Expand Collapse

Looks yummy! ^_^ Always happy to read @Dreamer’s writing, too! Congratulations and thanks for sharing! Too bad, Santa @Deathbloke was busy and didn’t write anything this time around. Maybe next time?

Deathbloke likes this.
  3. Jester

Apprentice
    Expand Collapse

P

A
    Thats really close, I can't make up my mind actually >.<

Kia likes this.
  4. Mapache

means raccoon
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Photo

(Now I'm craving cookies)

Art

Kia likes this.
  5. Deathbloke

banned.
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

P

A

Congrats to @Dreamer for winning the category of Writing :D

Kia likes this.
  6. Chaudfontaine

Chaudinante Fontamingo
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

P
    A

Kia likes this.
  7. Marco Polo

「DREAM STATE」
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

P: 4,2,1
    A: 1,2

Kia likes this.
  8. Johannes

The End of the Beginning
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

P: 4,2,3
    A: 2,1
    W: Number 1 :grin:

Kia likes this.
  9. Dreamer

Hopeful and curious for the new year
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

P:

A:

Thanks. Although it doesn't feel very nice to win by default.

Kia likes this.
  10. Kia

Kia
    “Don’t try to find a reason for somebody’s love.”
    Supernova Member of the Year 2019
    Expand Collapse

This didn’t get many votes but is it time for the results or is the deadline getting extended and it getting advertised more? ^_^

11. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Administrator Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

It's staying open until I get time to post it. Didn't have time because of visiting the baby and work.

Kia likes this.