1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The Monthly PAW February 2020 is out now. Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The Monthly PAW February 2020: Voting

Discussion in 'The Monthly PAW' started by Grin, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Grin

The Fool
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

Time to vote on your favourite entries for February's PAW! Just as a quick reminder, let us have a look at what the categories and themes for this month were....

• For Photography this month, the theme was to take a picture of a hobby you can do all by yourself! Despite the Valentine's day being thrown at us from every channel this month, let's try and be mindful of the people who have or don't need anybody else.

• For Art this month, the theme was to draw art related to bubblegum. After all, we had the National Bubblegum Day this month. A very important holiday surely celebrated in every home.

• And last but not least, for Writing our theme was Confession! Ah, that heart-thumping moment you share with the target of your affections. I still remember the first time I tried that, and scored coffee date in chef school. For some reason, she never showed up. I'm sure my confession was top notch, though.

Now then, let's go over how to vote. I'm sure you already know, but I just really enjoy giving tutorials. It's a cinch!

1. You vote for 3 entries per category, in the order of which you like the most.
    2. You are not allowed to vote for yourself, regardless of how many entries there are.
    3. You post your votes in this thread right here.

I know I announced a shorter timing for voting last time, but I figured we might as well try to squeeze as many votes as we can, so let's have voting until 6th of March, 2020! Then I will announce the results for that weekend.

And now, finally, time for the entries:

P is for Photography: Something you can do by yourself

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whoa, that was a lot of entries! Now, for the Art section!

A is for Art: National Bubblegum Day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey, we got enough art to make this a contest! And they're all looking positively...bubbly. What, was that too much of a stretch?

And now for some heartwarming confessions! Prepare your tissues.

W is for Writing: Confession

Sweet Confession

”Hi, Joe!” Rose said as she stepped inside the cafe after her workday.

”Hello, Rose,” Joe, owner of the cafe, greeted her with smile from behind the counter. ”The usual?”

”Yes, thank you,” Rose answered and sat down at one of empty tables.

Soon Joe walked to Rose’s table while carrying a tray with a cup of coffee and a cream pastry.

”Here you go,” Joe said to Rose as he placed the tray in front of her.

”Thank you so much, Joe. You’re the best,” Rose said and sipped her coffee. It tasted great like always. But then Rose noticed how empty the cafe was. ”Quiet day today?” she asked from Joe.

”Not only today,” Joe sighed. ”I have had so few customers lately that maintaining the cafe isn’t profitable. That’s why I have decided to close my cafe.”

Rose stared at Joe with shocked expression. ”Close?” she repeated. ”B-bu-but where would I go after my workdays?”

”In one of the two cafes in the city center,” Joe said. ”I’m sure that people working there can make coffee and pastries you like.”

”But it isn’t enough!” Rose exclaimed as she stood up. ”There isn’t same atmosphere in any other cafe like yours! I can’t go to any other cafe with hangover after partying the whole night without fearing that I will get nothing but judging looks from cafe workers! I can’t talk with you in any other cafe about news, holiday plans or how my uncle accidentally misplaced chair legs when he was assembling the new chairs.”

Joe stared at Rose with surprised expression. But before he had time to say anything, Rose continued: ”Joe… I have had crush on you for a long time. You are thoughtful, patient and fun. If you disappear from this city with your cafe… even the sweetest pastry will be tasteless.”

Joe still stared speechlessly at Rose. Finally he said: ”Rose. Although I’m going to close my cafe, it doesn’t mean that I will leave this city. I’m too attached to this place. Besides… I have crush on you too, Rose. I enjoy the fun conversations we have and you are honest with your opinions. I love you.”

”Oh, Joe!” Rose exclaimed and hugged him tightly. Joe wrapped his arms around her and answered her hug. And there they were standing, two person in love in empty cafe, holding each others like they were afraid to let go.

”That ’even the sweetest pastry will be tasteless’ thing was quite lame,” Joe stated.

”I know,” Rose admitted awkwardly.

The End

"I am not letting you go! Not when I am seeing you again," he met the weak blue eyes, seeing how life was slowly leaving them.
    "Cassian just let me die," Jezebel’s voice wasn’t more than a whisper, as he closed his eyes, before coughing blood, which almost made Cassian’s stomach turn on him, but forced that feeling away, and focused on the man in his arms.

“How can you even say such things? I have no intention of letting you die! I didn’t save your life, just so you could die,” he tried say it in a light joking tone, but he failed miserable. Jezebel didn’t answer him, Cassian was unsure if it was because he was to weak, or if he didn’t understand that he had tried to joke. “Please talk to me.”

As long as the other man talked, Cassian would know that he was alive. It was cruel, asking that of Jezebel, seeing that he was in pain, but for once Cassian wished to be selfish. The room around them had started to collapse, yes the whole tower, but he didn’t care to much about it as long as the doctor spoke to him.

“Why did you return?” Cassian met the blue eyes when the doctor opened them, and Cassian didn’t know if he wished to laugh or cry at the question. For being such a brilliant man as Jezebel was, he could be really stupid. But other people’s actions had often baffled the younger man, yet Cassian wondered if Jezebel really had been this blind all those years.

“Isn’t it obvious?” He asked, without getting an answer. “I don’t hate you, even if that’s most likely what you think. I confess that I wasn’t too pleased when you gave me, Cassandra’s body, but the reason is not because you forced me to live. No it’s because of what the man did to you! How he touched you, what he said to you, and what he forced you to do. I could no longer be near you, reminding you of that every time you save me.”

Jezebel seemed taken by his words, as he couldn’t understand that someone could be considerate towards him, and it was no wonder. Jezebel wasn’t used to it, Cassian knew that, he knew that all too well, but it still saddens him every time he saw the pain across the doctors face. How he was scared of gentle words, how they were estranging to him, and how he expected a betrayal.

Slowly, to give Jezebel some time to stop him, he started to stroke his hair, in a comforting way. Jezebel didn’t say anything, but Cassian could tell that he leaned into the touch, and it made him smile. That the hands that had put Jezebel through so much pain, could give him some comfort, and that they didn’t only brought distraction, and horror.

Cassian knew all too well what Cassandra had done Jezebel, what had happened when they were alone, when he hadn’t been there to save him. Cassandra had taunted him with it, and it sickened him, that someone could do such things, and not to just anyone, but to Jezebel, his Jezebel.

Cassian was upset over how much the other one had been forced to go through, and to him it was no surprise that the doctor had gone mad, he was more surprised that he wasn’t more so. For living through everything the younger one had been exposed to, without breaking, made Cassian think of him as one of the strongest persons there was.

However; it sometimes scared him how little the other one showed, as now, Jezebel barely let the pain show on his face. But Cassian knew how the doctor felt, not only now, but also about everything.

How many times hadn’t he heard him cry out in the night? How many times hadn’t he found him, almost out of it? Those were the only times Jezebel accepted his help, even if the situation was horrible, it was some of Cassian’s favourite moment. Simply because he could show the doctor some compassion, and give him a gentle touch. He never knew if Jezebel noticed, but he hoped he had.

But the time he could easily tell what Jezebel felt, was the moment he was around animals, the happiness clearly showed on his face, how gentle he touched them, and the ridicules attempts he went to, to save them.

Cassian thought it was very sweet, as he looked down, meeting Jezebel’s eyes again. Neither of them had said anything, not surprising, seeing Jezebel rarely was the one engaging in conversation.

“That’s why I left you, I tried to protect you,” he whispered, giving Jezebel a small, but warm smile. For a second Jezebel seemed confused, like he had forgotten what they talked about.

“You pained me more when you left, leaving me here,” Jezebel confessed and Cassian knew he would never do that if he wasn’t badly wounded, knowing that the doctor would never openly speak about how he felt otherwise. Hearing how honest he was both made him worried, sorrowed, yet pleased by the fact that the other one was honest with him.

“It was never my intention to cause you pain, and I hoped to be able to find a way out for you, without being there, reminding you of him. But apologise for the pain I caused you,” Cassian met his eyes, before he slowly took Jezebel’s hand.

He felt how the other one became tense for a second and Cassian almost let go of him, before Jezebel relaxed and held his hand as well as he could. Being able to touch him like this, was different, and it made Cassian’s heart beat a bit faster, something Jezebel seemed to have noticed, seeing how he looked at him, but he didn’t comment on it. Maybe he was stopped by another cough, or because he didn’t know what to say.

“Don’t leave me,” it was a ridicules request, seeing how much red the doctor’s clothes were. However; Cassian wished he could take the other man in his arms and carry him out of the building, but he saw that the way out was destroyed, and he would need to take ways out, that Jezebel wouldn’t be able to follow.

“Then keep talking to me,” Jezebel ordered him, and for a second he almost sounded like his old self, making Cassian smile for a second.
    “I don’t know what you want me to say? I should be mad at you, probably am, but the worry is grater, repressing the anger. I told you to leave your father, told you that he would lead to your death! Why did you even save him? He doesn’t even care, he left as soon as you had saved him!”

The anger he felt for Alexis was clear, and if it hadn’t meant that he needed to leave Jezebel, he had gone after the other man to end him. But he stayed where he was, looking at the bullet wound, as he tried to press something against it, to stop the bleeding, but it was as much as he could do. Despite all the years he had known the doctor, and worked for him, he knew surprisingly little about saving a life. Maybe it was because it was never their goal, but at this moment he really wished he had learned something.

“I had to, I couldn’t watch him die,” was all that Jezebel answered and Cassian sighed, he knew he couldn’t be mad about it, not at Jezebel at least. Alexis had raised him like that, twisted his mind, making him think that all he did was for love. Making Jezebel reach for something that was never there, making him dream of something Alexis would never give him. The man founded pleasure in seeing Jezebel tremble, that he was pain, and how the hate consumed him.

Cassian pulled the doctor closer, as he tried to protect him from just the thought of Alexis. He didn’t wish for Jezebel to think about him in a moment like that, Alexis didn’t deserve it, he didn’t deserve to be on anyone’s mind.

“How am I going to live without you?” Cassian whispered those words, afraid that they would be true any seconds.
    “You will find a way, you always have. And you will be free from me, you can do whatever you wish for, not needing to care for my needs,” Cassian couldn’t prevent himself from snorting at those words.
    “Ignorant kid,” he stated, looking at Jezebel. “I never minded taking care of you, seeing that you clearly cannot take care of yourself. I even liked it, being around you, nothing was dull, and the moments I could show you some beauty of the world, always gave me satisfaction.”

Jezebel met his eyes with an angry look, showing him that he didn’t liked to be called a kid, or that he needed to be taken care off. Cassian couldn’t do anything else than laugh, seeing that Jezebel would always be the same, but Cassian didn’t fear him as he once had, especially not when he was holding him in his arms, his hands in his. He was on the brink of answering, when a shadow fell up on them. Seeing the familiar features of Riff, Cassian pulled Jezebel closer to his chest, as he went for his gun.

“I beg you, help me save Cain,” both men blinked at the request, surprised that their enemy would came to them. Maybe he hoped that Jezebel would have some love for Cain, or enough hate for Alexis to help him. Or maybe it was because he knew that the doctor knew how to help him, and that despite everything he did, he was a skilled man.

“There is a way, but it will only give you one more day to live, are you going to waste it on Cain?” Jezebel asked it, without taunting him, no he sounded rather curious. Cassian knew that Jezebel may never understood the desire Riff felt, but Cassian did. If Riff had given him the opportunity to save Jezebel, even if it only was for a day, he would take it, without hesitating.

“Help me!” Riff demanded and Jezebel smirked, grasping for the scalpel he had near.
    “Don’t waste my blood, Riff,” Jezebel took his eyes of the butler, and turned towards him, and Cassian wished to scream, and tackle the other one to the ground.
    “Don’t do this,” Cassian begged of him, feeling far from ready, he didn’t notice the tears until Jezebel slowly and gently stroke them away.

“It has always been you Cassian, only you. I knew you were my way out of hell, but I never dared to follow that path, scared of what would await me. I chose to stay in hell, a familiar place, being selfish and hoping you would stay here with me forever, rather than go out there, in a free world. And as long as we were here, I knew you were always by my side.”

Cassian closed his eyes, unsure if he heated to hear those words or not. If the situation would have been different, he would most likely have loved them, but knowing what would happen when the Doctor was finished, made him hate them. “I have never told you, maybe because I didn’t realise until now, or maybe because I was scared. But I know you knew, however I wish for you to hear it, before…”

Jezebel felt silent for a second or two, until Cassian opened his eyes, trying to prepare for it.
    “I love you Cassian.”
    “It’s not going to change anything, you are still going to do it, but I love you too” Cassian whispered back before he leaned in, once again giving Jezebel a chance to stop him, but he didn’t.

He soon felt the Doctor’s soft lips up on his own, and he kissed him gentle, wishing to show the other man how much he loved him. He stroked him over the hair, wanting to hold him close forever, but it was impossible, and when they pulled apart, he could see that the Doctor had closed his eyes. He couldn’t do anything but smile, seeing how peaceful the younger one looked, like the angel Cassian often thought he resembled.

“Thank you,” Jezebel met his eyes one last time, before he slits his throat with ease. Cassian felt how the blood covered parts of him and saw how it covered Riff. Cassian turned his brown eyes towards the butler, and gave him a stern look.

“Don’t you dare to waste a single drop of that blood!” He warned him, and he saw hot the butler nodded in respect, before he drank the blood. For a second he thought he saw sorrow in Riff’s eyes, something that angered him, seeing the man had no reason to feel sorrow, he had always hated Jezebel. “Go to Cain, save him from Alexis!”
    “Thank you,” Riff gave him one last nod before he left the room, to go and find his master, like he always did.

Cassian thought of how much they resembled each other, always running after the two idiotic brothers. Cassian turned towards Jezebel’s lifeless body, closing his eyes, before he took his hand, and kissed it, with a smile. He knew all too well what he was going to do, he wasn’t sure if Jezebel had understood it, but Cassian knew from the beginning. He closed his hand around the gun, wishing for it to go fast.
    “I am coming for you Jezebel,” he whispered, before he pulled the trigger.

What is romance?
    What are feelings?
    Take a chance
    Are you reeling?

From the kisses that we shared
    It’s alright to admit it
    I could tell when you stared
    I’m not going to quit

I’m not scared of being hurt
    It’s fine if we flirt
    There are feelings to be had
    It doesn’t make you a cad

You say that you’re confused
    You don’t know just how to act
    The truth is I’m not used
    To dating and that’s a fact

So let’s navigate this maze
    Together as friends
    Who make others eyes glaze
    With desire when...

You’ll have to persevere
    If you want to hear
    More from me...

My kisses may be like candy
    But yours make me weak
    I think it’s just dandy
    Because you’re pretty sweet

"For every time I see you
    My feelings is full of joy and hope
    I will cherish this every moment
    The moment that I'll spend with you

My world began to shine
    Cause you've made my day complete
    It gives me strength and inspiration
    So always keep this in mind
    My love for you is real."

Aaaand that's all the entries for February! Thank you for participating, everybody! May the best most popular one win!

Kia, Yosnob D and sweetjacky like this.
  2. riofriz

theymademedoit.
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

P:
    5, 2, 9
    A:
    1, 2, 3
    W:
    2, 1, 3

Kia and Grin like this.
  3. Jester

Crew Member
    Expand Collapse

P
    6 4 5
    A
    2 1 4
    W
    1 2 3

Kia likes this.
  4. Yosnob D

M E L A N C H O L Y ™
    Crew Member
    Expand Collapse

A
    3 1 2

W
    2 1 3

Kia likes this.
  5. Kia

Kia
    “Don’t try to find a reason for somebody’s love.”
    Supernova Member of the Year 2019
    Expand Collapse

They look great. Thanks @Grin for getting these out so promptly and the great topics. Did no one title anything this month? Don’t know if it makes a difference to the artists who sent things in or the voters but I was just curious as the format was different than previously. Seeing even stories untitled was a bit unusual. Also @Yosnob D, you missed a category for voting.

6. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

Ouch

7. Kia

Kia
    “Don’t try to find a reason for somebody’s love.”
    Supernova Member of the Year 2019
    Expand Collapse

I was simply being sure to compliment him because I was being so critical of him. I was just trying to throw positivity in towards him. Not negativity towards you. That was absolutely the furthest thing from my intention. I’m not a passive aggressive person. If you want to not get your feelings hurt by me complimenting someone else’s promptness, then look inside and ask yourself why his promptness being pointed out hurts you? It never even occurred to me that it was a dig at you. You know me, I’ll tell you to your face if I have a problem. ^_^

8. Iki Hotaro

hate dumb people
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

hmm... thought i had time, i drew one but.. oh well

9. Yosnob D

M E L A N C H O L Y ™
    Crew Member
    Expand Collapse

hmm i don't like or have the guts to vote for that category lol

10. Dreamer

It's leap year
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

#10 Dreamer, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    Here's my votes!

P:

A:

W:

Ignore the double post of my voting below there! I tried to delete it but the website just tells me that error occurred. I try to delete it again later.

11. Johannes

The End of the Beginning
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

P: 9, 5, 3
    A: 1, 2, 4
    W: 2, 1, 3