1. OPF's 2nd One Piece Character Popularity Poll has arrived! Vote NOW!
  2. Participate in the OPForum's Secret Santa HERE!
  3. We have a NEW subforum for Dr. Stone! Check it out!
  4. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!
  5. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  6. Vote now for the Monthly PAW October 2019!

The Monthly PAW: October 2019 Voting

Discussion in 'Votings' started by sweetjacky, Nov 1, 2019.

1. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Administrator Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

#1 sweetjacky, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    The Monthly PAW October 2019
    Yay, finally time to see all the submissions! A lot of you have probably been waiting for this :D
    Once again, thanks to all of you who decided to join in <3 <3 <3

As usual, please vote for at least 3 entries (if possible, lol) per category. You can divide your votes like this, for example:

P:
    1. Robin
    2. Franky
    3. Chopper

A:
    1. Usopp
    2. Bob Ross
    3. Kanjuro

W:
    1. Nami
    2. Lola
    3. Sabo

You can vote until Friday, the 15th of November. After that I will be posting the results and award the winners.

Here are the submissions:

Photography - Colourful

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Art - Witch/Wizard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Writing - Ghost Story

The Fat Friar was sitting in the attic again, glancing down at the chilly city of Snowgrove, at its rustic buildings and the green hills that surrounded it. He always felt lucky for being assigned to haunt a house in a city this beautiful.

This house was a mansion, owned by a famous writer named Beth Lovegood, who had written a whole bunch of horror-mystery books, that turned out to be best-sellers in the whole world. This was the same Beth Lovegood that the Fat Friar had fallen in love with.

However, Beth had a disability, she was blind. From what the Friar had heard, she had lost her eyesight because of an accident when she turned 18. The Friar had tried many times in the past to make his presence known to her, but she seemed unable to perceive it.

There were plenty of people that visited Beth during the day and Friar was scared to appear in front of so many people. She also had a housekeeper. The attic had surprisingly become his hiding place, the only thing that kept him company was the window that took him on a journey around the city every time he looked through it.

It'd been years since he saw his reflection on the window. Every time he tried to, he ended up staring at what was behind him. After all, he was a ghost.

But today, Friar had decided. He was going to speak to Beth for the first time. He made his way decisively through the second and first floor and arrived to the living room. Fortunately, Beth's housekeeper was in the kitchen. Beth was sitting at her chair, listening to classical music. He sat on the chair opposite her, gathered all the courage he could get and spoke: "Hello."

Beth didn't seem to be taken aback, on the contrary, a modest smile appeared on her face.

"Hi there. I was wondering when you'd finally decide to talk to me, you know", Beth said, her smile broadening.

The Fat Friar, shocked, only managed to say: "How did you know?"

"I don't think you made it very hard", said Beth, chuckling.

"And...", said Friar tentatively, "aren't you afraid?"

"I don't think we'd be having this conversation if I was, you don't seem very scary" said Beth.

A warm feeling started growing inside the Friar. It was happiness. "I'm a huge fan of your books, you know".

Working late, two hours left at work, Quell was tired and bored because he had everything done he had to, so he went to his office back, sat himself down on that new chair he got the last week. It wasn't any special chair, but just a black leather one, very comfortable for him. He had something on his mind, so he didn't hear or see anything happening outside of his office, because the thing on his mind was just about the food, he tried to decide on what's he going to make himself later on when he gets home.

11pm, WORK DONE!

Quell went outside the building, closed the door and locked it, he was the only one that had the keys to the building that night. Turned the alarm on,turned around and took a walk to his home. Quell didn't own a car, he actually never took a driving lessons because he had feared he wasn't able to do it properly, so he just walked or took the bus sometimes, would depend on the weather.
    He was on his way home, the weather that late didn't look any good, it was windy and cold. The streets were empty, once in a while a car drove by and a few people walked or rode a bike. While walking, he felt this presence that made him fear a bit, he throught he was being followed, but when he turned around to check it, no one would be there, but still, the presence he felt was still there. He kept walking, on his left side he could see the store and on his right the gas station. The store was closed, but the gas station was still open, only with the lights off and he could see a person sitting inside, but he ignored it and kept walking.
    About 100 meters later the presence he felt before, was somehow increased and it felt as someone were right behind him. He did not turn around this time, his heart was pumping faster and faster, he started sweating, it was warm and cold at the same time and he started to lightly shake. Quell then put his hat on, increased the speed, almost running because the street he was in had no lights, on the right was just some empty parking place with a few cars and on the left some old trees making everything darker. Suddenly there was one street light ahead, and by reaching it he freaked out seeing his shadow on the ground, instantly making everything worse. Freaking out,he focused on everything around him, he couldn't see anything at all, just some creepy sounds cracking around him, but Quell never turned around, he kept walking.
    Five minutes later, he reached one thing he hates the most, a small tunnel he has to walk throught if he wants to get home, so he embraced himself and went into that tunnel. His mind decided to tell him that no such thing as monsters, ghost and all those imagination stuff existed, so he got courage out of a sudden and decided to turn around to check if anyone was following. No one was there "sigh, great, no need to panic, I better get home now".
    Then,Quell turns around and sees a man right before his eyes...He then out of fear jumped back, almost having a heart attack holding onto his chest says "good Lord, you scared me right now" and the man just walks by without saying or reacting at all. Quell didn't know what to think about that, calmed down and kept walking. He started to see everything blurring out, like it was raining down, but he didn't feel any rain dropping on his clothes or could feel anything at all...

11:20pm HOME!

He just got home, opened the buildings door, getting in and turning the light on, walking the stairs up to his apartment. By going in he tried to turn the light on, it didn't work, so he went to his room. The first thing he had seen there, was someone lying in his bed...He panicked "he was living alone". Quell went to the bed, moved the sheets and saw himself lying in the bed "WHAT THE HELL, WHAT IS THIS?"
    He looked up to the mirror, but there wasn't anything to see, just empty as if he didn't exist.
    "AM I A GHOST? WHAT IS HAPPENING?"
    The guy Quell was indeed a ghost, he died that night sleeping and walked around the streets and his Job as a Ghost..."IS THAT THE REASON THAT TUNNEL GUY DIDN'T REACT AT ALL, BECAUSE HE COULDN'T SEE ME?"
    So he throught about just dreaming, opened the window and jumped out of it, before hitting the ground, he woke up!
    His heart is pumping like a crazy and is sweating so much that he looks as if he just took a shower. "Sigh, IT WAS JUST A DREAM".
    Quell stood then up, went to the bathroom, opening the door...BOOOOOO YAAAAAA, a ghost jumped right in front of his face.

Quell died on heart attack that night.

The end.

NIGHT

Knock knock.
    Candice sighed as she was standing again in front of a closed door.

Knock knock.
    When Candice knocked, the light she saw from one of the windows quickly was turned off.

Knock knock.
    Candice tried again at the house where the light was turned off, but still no response. She became desperate.

Knock knock.
    A new door, a new chance thought Candice, but even this one stayed unopened.

Knock knock.
    A light!

Knock knock.
    Footsteps!

KNOCK KNOCK.
    Candice got excited, finally somebody was going to open the door.

KNOCK KNOCK

"WHO'S THERE" It sounded like a big angry man.

Candice was so excited and scared that she could almost not speak. She was in los of words and just stutterd "Booo"

"Boo who?"

Candice got a bit scared, maybe this one will keep the door closed as well. Canice tried his hardest to keep the communication going. "No need to cry, this is only Candice"

"Candice who?"

"Can this door open please?" responded Candice, with her voices cracking a bit of excitement.

But even this time the door stayed closed, she heard footsteps wandering away and saw the lights getting turned off. A big sigh was heard in the streets. As she was rejected again all night, she went back to her place.

DAY

Driving to the supermarket, David was yawning. His night had been disturbed and this was the reason he was wide awake for most of sleeping hours. He had to focus on the road, but luckily he arrived safe at the store. He walked into the shop, remmebering that he forgot his shopping list in the car, went back and returned to the enterance. There David came across his neighbour.

"Looking terrible David, having a hangover?"

"I wish" grumbled David, "I spent most of the night with my eyes wide open, wondering"

"Oh man, we all got that when we first moved here, but after a few years of living here you get used to it"

"getting used to what" asked David suprised.

"you know, the knocking. It has been since forever that people are complaining about a nightly visitor that keeps on knocking on doors. That's why you don't have to forget to dim all the lights after twelve."

"Wait what?"

"No worries, you'll get used to it. Some say it is a ghost from a girl who hanged herself after she was rejected by her crush, but it's probably something else, like kids, goddamn younglings."

David just stood there with his mouth wide open. Was that a ghost? No it could not be, he spoke with her? David said goodbye to his neighbour and continued his shopping while his thoughts were going crazy.

Was that really a ghost?

Year 2006 a memory that I will never forget in my high school days, I was a 3rd year (Junior) high school then. It was our last (4th) subject for our afternoon class and our T.L.E. (Technology and Livelihood Education) teacher told us that we’re going to be baking next week and that for today we are going to be discussing and planning on what to bake. The grouping is decided based on the classroom cleaners; each group will be baking on their assign day. I belong to the Friday group so we we’re the last ones to bake! After the preparations are done we wait for our turn. Then come Friday! Everything was all set, me and my group were just waiting for our T.L.E. subject.

Math was our 3rd subject in the afternoon and our math teacher Mrs. Coyme was absent that time due to being sick and the one supervising our class was a substitute teacher! We only did a short quiz as Ms. Reyes has another class to attend to and so we have a 1-hour free time. My friend Roberto who is also a member of the Friday group approached me and said to hang-out at the canteen (and so we did)! At the canteen we were just hanging out and killing time for our next class which is T.L.E.! Roberto then suggested that we wait at the Kitchen Room in the T.L.E Building (as the canteen is near the room). At the room, Roberto who is bored suggested to scare prank our members (which have 5 girls and 3 boys us included), me on the other hand happily agreed to his plans.

The T.L.E. Building (for what I remember) was an old 2 story small house that was built in the 90’s, it was used first as the Guidance Counselor’s Office, then a Storage Room and Lastly the T.L.E Room! We we’re used to call it the T.L.E. Building (at my time). The plan was simple, I was going to hide behind the kitchen door and Roberto was going to hide under the long kitchen table! We were going to leave the kitchen door open so that when our members pass it, I will then jump scare them first and if they plan to sit on the long table Roberto would grab their feet (we were having fun just thinking the girl’s reactions). Upon waiting we suddenly heard a loud “Bang” sound in the Comfort Room which is near the Kitchen Room, Roberto came out under the table and the same goes for me behind the door.

Me: Did you just heard that sound?

Roberto: Ye… Yes!!!!!!!

Me: Want to go check it out?

Roberto: Hehehe…. I don’t think so…

We then heard from outside the building (at the back of the comfort room) a “meow” sound! Hearing that (in our mind) it was probably the cat’s doing and just laugh it off. Our minds were at ease at that moment and we check the comfort room just to make sure and to our surprise we found out that the door was lock and it was impossible for a cat or any other animals to get inside it. We look at each other’s faces, we were dumbfounded and on the verge of running out when the school bell started ringing. The two of us we’re slightly panicking as we forgot that there were 2 ways to get inside the building: one was through the kitchen door (the back door) and the other one was the main door near the living room. Now we were panicking, our members will come any minute now in the building! I then suggested to go upstairs in the 2nd floor. Roberto first came up to the stairs, I then check the main door and made sure that the door was locked so that the other members will go through the kitchen door and then followed Roberto in the 2nd floor afterwards.

The 2nd floor has a small hallway and have 3 rooms, we we’re looking for a place to hide so we checked each room. The first room which is near the stairs was full of wooden and plastic chairs, it was impossible to hide there with the two of us. Roberto then said that I go check the second room while he is going to check the third room. The second room was full of space it only got a wooden bed and a chair when Roberto arrive at the second room (where I was at) he said that this room is a perfect place to hide. He also told me that the third room was full of other things just like at the first room. When suddenly at a distance we can hear familiar voices of girl’s talking coming closer to the building.

Our members were at the main door and as they found out that the door was locked, the other guy (Francis) then went to the back door to see and check if it was open (which it is)! All six of them was already inside the Kitchen room, we also heard 2 familiar voices in the living room and the other members in the kitchen were looking for us. We we’re supposed to scare them there but the plan failed and it was too late for us to just go downstairs as if nothing happens. While I remembered earlier about the loud “Bang” at the comfort room, I told Roberto to walk slowly in the hallway (this will make the members downstairs look like there is something in the second floor) while me on the other hand was slowly opening and closing the doors (it made that scary screeching sound just like in the movies).

After making that sound we heard girls screaming (that was the two girls in the living room) We can hear them panicking at the Kitchen and as for us we we’re laughing so hard (silently). They told Francis to check upstairs to see what it was, we then hurriedly and silently go back at the second room and locked the door. We can hear Francis in the stairs and approached each rooms. The second room was the only room that he wasn’t able to check (due to us was inside and we blocked the door) When Francis came back downstairs he told the girls that it was probably the strong winds as the windows was open in the hallway!

Francis was a good guy, he made sure to calm the scared girls and as for us dumb-assess we we’re just laughing so hard. We repeated it like for a second time, after that we stopped our prank as we heard Kristina (our group leader) that she will be calling our teacher and a guard to assist and check the 2nd Floor, as we heard it we dash and came running downstairs (as we don’t want any trouble). When the girls saw us in the Kitchen we were met by thrown aprons and a smacking on our shoulders. As punishment Roberto and I was used as slaves that day (a fair enough punishment)! And so the baking ended! We’ve baked a 2 layered Chocolate Cake and some Cookies and after our teacher checked our finish product we then divided it to ourselves. Then comes the cleaning part and it was the slaves job (us)! I was assign to sweep, mop and arrange things while Roberto was on the dishes, All the girls went ahead first while Francis stayed a little bit behind. It was 5:35 pm and Francis told us that he was going to go home now, we said our goodbyes to him and we are also nearly done with our work.

After the slave work was done we take a short rest, the only remaining light was on the kitchen room where we were resting! Got a little chitchat between Roberto and I! When suddenly we heard a sound like someone was walking upstairs and through the hallway and after that we heard the doors closing (screeching sound), we just look at each other when Roberto said that someone is pranking with us while grabbing our bags I told him that it was just the two of us left in the building and I made sure to lock the main door and then started running out of the kitchen room as fast as we can. We then go hurriedly to the guard house and told the school guard what we heard and happen in the building. The guard just looked at us first (he probably thinks we we’re joking) and then told us that it was probably the ghost of the old janitor named “Mang Ben” He died 2 years ago due to pneumonia, he was kind of a strict person and doesn’t go along well with kids and uses the 2nd Floors second room as his favorite resting place after his work is done. We we’re shock and speechless hearing what the guard just said (that was the room that we we’re hiding)! He also told us that for some reason when the other janitor will put something on the second room like chairs and tables and on the next day the things will be thrown out on the hallway and it just repeats when something is put there, so they just leave the room as it is. The two of us was very afraid, Afraid that the ghost of Mang Ben would haunt us. So the guard suggested to us to light a candle outside the building and offer our prayers to Mang Ben’s spirit so that his spirit would be at peace and move on, and so we did with the help of the school guard. We never really told this story to our friends and classmates nor did we report it to the teachers the next day. The building still stands to this day (2019) and it became a storage room again. Since then I would stop or avoid doing any scare pranks because that one experience is enough.

End

If you have any questions about the voting feel free to ask.

Be sure to check out the November PAW ;)

Johannes and Kia like this.
  2. Kia

Kia
    Jimbabe
    Event Host Captain
    Expand Collapse

As always, it’s great to see the talent and skills displayed by the fellow forum members! Thanks for sharing! ^_^

3. Marco Polo

monkey d. goth girl
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

P: 3,6,5
    A: 1,5,2
    W: 2,1,3

Deathbloke and Kia like this.
  4. Chaudfontaine

Rudolfontaine
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

P

A

W

5. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than snowflake
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

P:

A:

W:

6. Johannes

The End of the Beginning
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

P: 6,2,5
    A: 4,1,5
    W: 2,1,4

7. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Expand Collapse

Since the forum was down for the whole weekend I decided to change the deadline to Friday, the 15th of November.

Kia likes this.
  8. Kia

Kia
    Jimbabe
    Event Host Captain
    Expand Collapse

That makes sense; thanks for the update! Are you going to update the banner on the top of the page to the November PAW and October voting or is that MPs duty? ^_^

9. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Expand Collapse

Nah I'm gonna do that soon. I didn't forget about it, I just didn't get to do it yet.

Marco Polo and Kia like this.