1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The Monthly PAW - September 2019 Results

Discussion in 'Results' started by sweetjacky, Oct 11, 2019.

1. sweetjacky

Searching for Answers
    Member of the Season Administrator
    Expand Collapse

Good day everyone! I know I'm a day late with the results (been busy yesterday) but I'm posting just in time for the weekend :D

Here you go!

Photography - Dreamlike

Winner: @Cleand
    [​IMG]
    2nd Place: @Chaudfontaine
    3rd Place: @Johannes

Art - Kimono

Winner: @sweetjacky
    [​IMG]
    2nd Place: @Iki Hotaro
    3rd Place: @Kia

Writing - Samurai

Winner: @Marco Polo
    COWBOYS VS SAMURAIS
    The Wild, Wild, West. A deserted village. The wind blows, kicking up the sand on the ground. Ragnar “Dead Shot” Rayleigh stands opposite his deadliest rival, the samurai Marc’emon.

“Well, well, well. I shoulda known it’d be you behind all the murders in this town, ya filthy Nihonjin.” Rayleigh said, hacking a ball of spit on to the ground. “It’s always the outsiders that cause us trouble.”

“The people I’ve killed were criminals. Scum of the highest order. But of course you wouldn’t see that, foolish American.” Marc’emon replied, his gaze steelier than the blade at his side.

“There ain’t no space for vigilantes in this town. I’m the only sheriff round these parts.” Rayleigh said, his hands reaching for his holsters. “You’re actin’ outside the law, samurai.”

Marc’emon placed his hand on the handle of his blade. “Choose your next move carefully, cowboy. Unless you want to be sliced into chunks, that is.”

Rayleigh laughed. “Has the saying “the gun is mightier than the sword” not reached your country yet? You’re about ta get shot full o’ holes.”

“The phrase is “the pen is mightier than the sword, jackass.” Marc’emon replied.

Incensed, Rayleigh fired a shot directly at Marc’emon’s head. With lightning quick reflexes, Marc’emon sliced the bullet clean down the middle. Fixing his eyes on the startled sheriff, he ran towards him, weaving past his shots.

“Your reign ends here.” Marc’emon began to unsheathe his blade, ready to slice his opponent in half. However, before he could act, he felt a tug on his kimono.

“Marc’emon, please stop!”

Marc’emon turned to see who had interrupted him. As he saw her face, he was startled.

“Soo Young…”

“Please, Marc’emon! Have mercy on him!” Soo Young begged.

“Why should I? He’s a charlatan in charge of a corrupt regime. It goes against my code to let him walk free.”

“Because…” Soo Young walked over to Rayleigh’s side. Wrapping her arms around his left arm and resting her head on his shoulder, she looked up at him with admiration.

“Ragnar and I… are lovers.”

“W-what?” Marc’emon replied, startled.

“Yes. I love him… and he loves me. We plan to wed next month.”

Marc’emon loosened the grip on his sword, placing it back in his sheath. Gritting his teeth, he took a deep breath, then relaxed.

“Oi, sheriff. What’s the meaning of this?”

“The meaning of what?”

“What are you doing fooling around with my sister?”

“We ain’t foolin’ around, Nihonjin. I love this woman more than anythin’ in the world.”

“If you really loved her, you’d stop calling us Nihonjins.”

“Ah… I guess you’re right about that one.” Rayleigh replied. “But anyway. The reason I don’t fight criminals any more is Soo Young. I have to live for her… and for our baby.”

“Baby?!” Marc’emon replied, eyes widened with surprise.

“We’re expecting.” Soo Young replied, smiling.

“Right.” Marc’emon replied. “That was what I was expecting to hear today. Good grief. What do I do now?”

Rayleigh and Soo Young looked at each other and smiled. Looking back at Marc’emon, Rayleigh began his announcement. “Well…”

Three years later. The same town, only less abandoned. Rayleigh and Soo Young’s bar. Marc’emon enters through the doors after a long day at work.

“Welcome!” Rayleigh shouted as Marc’emon entered, his grin wider than the River Nile.

Marc’emon nodded at Rayleigh and sat at the bar.

“So, brother. What will it be?” Soo Young asked, smiling.

“The usual, please.” Marc’emon replied.

Rayleigh sat down next to the tired samurai. “So, busy day at work, Mr. Head Sheriff?”

“Don’t even get me started.” Marc’emon replied. “This town is full of troublemakers… and so is the jail.”

Rayleigh laughed. “Maybe you should loosen up a little.”

“All crime must be punished. That is the law.” Marc’emon replied. “But enough about work. How’s the kid?”

“Sound asleep, for once.” Soo Young replied, bringing Marc’emon his usual glass of bourbon. “He spends the entire day running around with that toy sword you bought him, knocking furniture over.”

Rayleigh laughed. “He’s just like his Uncle.”

“What kind of mental image do you have of me?”

Rayleigh, Marc’emon and Soo Young continued to chat away long into the night, reminiscing about the times they’d had in this little backwater town, and talking fondly of their aspirations for the future.

Sometimes, even the deadliest of showdowns can have a happy ending.

END
    2nd Place: @Deathbloke
    3rd Place: @Johannes

I want to thank all of you who participated again and I hope I'll see you once again in my October PAW! <3
    Congrats to the winners!!! ANd before I forgot, of course I'll hand out the trophy points as well xD

2. Kia

Kia
    *content could be coherent*
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations everyone! All the entries were lovely. I look forward to seeing many more entries next month and am stoked that there was such a huge turnout. ^_^

3. Deathbloke

voi-bloody-la
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Cleand likes this.
  4. sweetjacky

Searching for Answers
    Expand Collapse

5. Johannes

The End of the Beginning
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Congrats to ALL Winners and Thanks for the votes...3rd place for 2 categories (not bad at all) :cool:

Cleand likes this.
  6. Monster Trio

青眼の究極竜
    Shichibukai Member of the Year 2015
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations everyone~!

Cleand likes this.
  7. Iki Hotaro

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

hmm congrats

Cleand likes this.
  8. sweetjacky

Searching for Answers
    Expand Collapse

I beat you :cool:

9. Cleand

Forum Granpa
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Yay! I won. Firstly, thank you to everyone. All the entries were great by the way. And it’s hard deciding on the Top 3 with all these submissions, especially on “P”. Second, apologies for giving you a hard time with my submission @sweetjacky. I’ll do better in October! :) Lastly, CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!

10. Iki Hotaro

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

i put no effort in that drawing and im 2nd :cool:

11. Kia

Kia
    *content could be coherent*
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

That’s a major flex and sick burn to anyone who puts stock in these rankings—I can’t decide if it’s funny, cruel or both but I like it lol. Good thing I don’t do anything like oh, I dunno, vote for myself and then make a big deal out of my position roflmao.

12. sweetjacky

Searching for Answers
    Expand Collapse

Dude I'll just beat you again :joycat:

Don't worry about it! Congrats on winning it :D

13. Iki Hotaro

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

hmm :smirk:

im sure you will xD