1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The Mysterious Prisoner in Wano

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Anjo, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Anjo

An alcohol dependent being, born at a young age
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#1 Anjo, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Much has been speculated about the identity of the mysterious prisoner in Wano. And the egregious theorist inside me naturally did his own humble research, and try to contribute to the OPF community.

So here's my theory:

Let me start by enumerating some of the traits that this prisoner have.
    1. He seems to have high tolerance to poison.
    2. He also seems to endure hunger pretty darn well.
    To cut the suspense short, I present to you my own candidate on who is the prisoner beside Luffy and Kidd.
    [​IMG]
    Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I think he is Gin from Baratie Arc. Based on their conversation above, it gave us a hint of a possible return by Gin on the main storyline. Luffy already crossed the Grand Line but we have yet to see Gin, not even updates about him was shown. He also fits those two descriptions above. He was introduced as a hungry prisoner who sought food at Baratie. And, his poison tolerance was possibly developed after he inhaled Krieg's MH5 gas. It was hinted that he should be dead after inhaling those gases but we already know how that usually pans out. Remember, Moriah? Anyway, I still do have a bit of reservations if it really is Gin. Number one, the eyes and the silhouette of the prisoner. Silhouette shows the prisoner having some kind of long hair but Gin did not have long hair. I also don't think the eyes that were shown matches those of Gin's. Although, to contradict those points, he could have grown hair during the timeskip and his eyes must have changed also. His eyes back then was shown to have dark circles around them so maybe he was able to sleep more after those times? (LOL!)

I also think he fits quite well with the card theme of Kaido's crew if he ever becomes one. I mean there is a card game out there named Gin Rummy so there's that. Aside from cards, alcohol is also a recurring theme, and Gin is one. However, there is already a Gifter Ginrummy in the crew so I don't know who gets who. Plus, his jackets back then bore a snake design and that could be his Zoan fruit if ever.
    We can't really talk about Gin without also talking about Don Krieg. Like Gin, nothing has been shown to show us any updates regarding him and his whereabouts. To think that he was such a bigshot there at East Blue, commanding a fleet of fifty pirate ships.

Now, this is mere speculation. Is it possible that Don Krieg is the new supplier King and Queen was talking about? With him having extreme reliance to weaponry, it's not impossible for him to stash and supply Kaido with lots of weapons. And it would also be cool to replace a Don with another Don.

The question is, does he fit to the card-theme like Joker did? The answer is maybe. Krieg is a German word for War, and there is a card game out there named War, so maybe.

Another question would be, if Krieg is the new supplier, why would they imprison Gin, assuming Gin was the prisoner inside the cell? Is Gin being held hostage for a possible bargain with Krieg?

Seiryu, Storm chaser and Marco Polo like this.
  2. Anjo

An alcohol dependent being, born at a young age
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Another alcohol-named character who needs a comeback is Captain Morgan. Or did he already join Kaido? Interesting to note: if Krieg's name is German word for War, Morgan has the German word Möwe written on his metallic jaw which means Seagull.

Yet another alcohol-named character
    [​IMG]
    King Beer VI of Roshwan Kingdom

3. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Ginrummy is a Gifter.

Anjo likes this.
  4. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Gin is one of the characters from the East Blue who I really want to see make another appearance. It'd be great if it is him in the prison cell :)
    Nice theory!

5. Marco Polo

The Golden Jester
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Bringing back Gin would be a pretty ballsy move, especially now that the enemies are on a different planet to the enemies of the East Blue arc. It does make some sense though, namely the poison resistance.

6. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#GinForNextNakama

If it's Gin indeed, I think he would be a good addition to the crew. During Baratie arc, he's as powerful as Sanji. I think he's as powerful as the likes of Franky now, but with Haki. And he's a great "in your face" breaker of the so-called "MFMM pattern" of crew recruitment per region.

7. Dreamer

Wandering Wondering Mind
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

This is a theory that didn't come to my mind but there's a possiblity that you are right. That also would be a reason why that prisoner spat the fish bone at the guard who was going to beat Luffy.

I still believe that the mysterious prisoner is a new character but if it's Gin, then that's cool too.