1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The one who wounded WB

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by bandurista24, Dec 1, 2016.

1. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I reread the past chapters then i came across this:

[​IMG]

WB said: " The wound i got from THAT GUY aches whenever i look at your face."

Any thought on who that guy is? maybe from Shank's crew? because he's carrying a healing water.

Maybe THAT GUY is the reason why WB was in his weakened state.

Maybe someone foolish challenged WB who is from Shank's crew.

I'm hoping Oda will tell us who the guy is when the chapters are about Shank's crew.

Mugiwara Nakama likes this.
  2. Kyros

The Legend
    Super Moderator
    Expand Collapse

I think WB was talking about Roger. He might have recalled their past fights when he see Shanks, as Shanks is a member of Roger crew.

Seiryu and Mugiwara Nakama like this.
  3. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I thought Whitebeard was refering to the wound Blackbeard left him when he killed Tatch?

And since Blackbeard was the one giving those scars on Shanks face i thought that was what Whitebeard refered to!

4. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

WB doesn't call Roger a "THAT GUY" he calls Roger by his name

5. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

what wound did BB did to Whitebeard that needs to be cured by Shank's healing water?

6. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Killing his "son" always leave a wound inside of you doesn't it? maybe i just missunderstood it i don't know

7. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

i dunno dude. but why would it ache whenever he sees Shanks? it doesn't make sense

8. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

will point out i don't know if this really is the case, just how i always understood it, might aswell be wrong here xD

9. Danny

死の外科医
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The translation is wrong.It should be: ''Just seeing your face makes the wound given by that bastard ache again''
    He was for sure talking about the EMOTIONAL wound that BB caused by killing Tatch.So seeing Shanks face(The scar that BB left him) reminded WB again of that horrible event .Like some sort of trauma since as we all know he really did care for his ''children''.

Like I mentioned it isn't a physical wound,but emotional one.The healing water Shanks is talking about is SAKE ,or alcohol. ;)

10. j3ga034

Expand Collapse

I don't think so If the wound is caused by Roger,WB said directly it was Roger but didn't.So my guess is he is related to Shanks's scar or something like that.

Kyros and Mugiwara Nakama like this.
  11. j3ga034

Expand Collapse

Yeah this is also my guess time will tells.

Mugiwara Nakama likes this.
  12. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

BB that bastard. Can't wait until Zoro slices him to pieces!

j3ga034 likes this.
  13. j3ga034

Expand Collapse

maybe not i hope dragon will slice him :cool:

14. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

@Danny has the correct translation. Also going to add that the "healing water" is also a bad translation. I agree with @Kyros that Whitebeard is probably talking about Roger. Don't forget that the buddy-buddy aspect was only after Roger became Pirate King (the scene is clearly after since Roger talks about "how to get to Raftel"). They were probably rivals and were at war against each other just like the current Yonkou are at war with each other.

I don't see it as Blackbeard because that is the topic of the future conversation. Blackbeard is still not a major player in the world, part of the reason why Whitebeard trusts Ace to be successful. The context implies it is someone at a Yonkou level at that time, so Roger makes the most sense. Everyone, except for Shanks, underestimates Blackbeard. Shanks is the only one that saw it coming because he is the only one to see Blackbeard fight seriously. Blackbeard was trying to hide under Whitebeard until he got the Yami Yami no Mi. Blackbeard having any clash with Whitebeard doesn't make sense.

Kyros likes this.
  15. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Personally agree w/ @Danny. I think it's more about emotional wound of remembering BB killing Thatch. I don't see it being Roger being the cause of that wound because the wound Shanks has on his face has nothing to do w/ Roger but w/ BB.

Unless of course Whitebeard is not talking about the wound of Shanks face and actually is talking about a physical wound on his own body.

16. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Danny explained it already.

Why it has to be Roger? He can easily say "Whenever I see you" instead of "Whenever I see your face". It means something is on his face that reminds him of something horrible. (The scar, o yeah I now realize where King of One Punch Man was inspired)

Whitebeard's dream is to build a family and a loss of a child may mean something really big for a so called father. Remember, emotional wounds is much more painful than physical attacks.

Chicano180 likes this.
  17. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

@Tom D Shipwright @Chicano180 The quote being discussed here is a common cultural aspect that there are emotional symptoms to scars (just came up in the recent chapter). The key is that the person that caused the wound has very strong ties to Shanks (the emotional and physical trauma are from someone close to Shanks and the mere sight of Shanks causes his "scar to ache", <= that's the usual terminology used). Thus it can not be Blackbeard because Shanks has absolutely no ties or relation to Blackbeard in Whitebeard's mind (they talk about him after this). The only people that were around to fight on even terms with Whitebeard in his prime that have strong ties to Shanks is pretty much only Roger.

18. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I just read a theory on a facebook fanpage that the one who wounded Whitebeard was Locks, the captain of big mom and kaidou and he is shank's father thats why shanks wants to talk about him with the gorosei. It makes sense because shanks definitely looks like his father thats why whitebeard said his wound aches whenever he sees shanks. Its just a predicition but hopefully will see who shanks is really talking about in a few more days. Please oda release it alreadyyyy too much hypeee hopefully next chapter is gonna be all shanks and gorosei