1. Participate in the Monthly PAW May 2018 with a special category for our anniversary!
  2. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The only way this amazing series can end.

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by Clamboy, May 12, 2018.

1. Clamboy

Expand Collapse

Recently I've been thinking about how this colossal series could ever end, and the final heartstring-tug Oda has prepared for us readers/viewers in the final chapter. I think its suffice to say that the Strawhats are going to find the One Piece and Luffy will become the pirate king and what-not, But what after that?
    I Propose that One Piece will end with Monkey D. Luffy's execution.
    Bear with me. I believe that another, much bigger time-skip, in which the crew has gone their separate ways, created their own crews, fulfill their dreams, and all come to Logue town to see off their previous captain. As a parallel to Rogers story and execution, I believe that Luffy will turn himself in for whatever reason, whether it be he was somehow overpowered, or perhaps he had all the fun and freedom he desired. I think, much like Rogers execution, will be a massive deal in the world and a massive crowd of people he's helped out, and enemies will come to see Luffy's execution. One by one, the previous straw hats will arrive at Logue town to see their captain for the last time, Zoro; The worlds greatest swordsman, Nami; with a map of the world, Usopp; An actual brave warrior of the sea, etc. It will go into each Strawhat's first encounter with Luffy, and how it inspired them to achieve their dreams, and help him on his journey.
    With the straw hats in the giant crowd, Luffy will announce that he has hidden the One piece, just like Roger, before his execution, sparking a whole new age of pirates.
    Before Strawhat Luffy dies at the hand of the marines, Each of the straw hats rolls up their sleeves to expose the cross on their arms, replicated from the end of the Alabasta arc, in the "silent goodbye". Shanks is shown on the outskirts of the crowd, now in possession of the titular straw hat, and says goodbye to Luffy, and congratulates him for proving him wrong. And on the island where Luffy's amazing adventure in the grand line, where the previous Pirate king died, Straw hat Luffy dies, with a massive smile on his face.

Attached Files:

2. Glaze D. Bacon

「The Emperor 4」
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#2 Glaze D. Bacon, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Hmm...I don’t see why the ending should have to mirror the beginning so closely. Roger had turned himself in because he was already about to die from a disease, so he wanted to at least get the word out about his hidden treasure. Luffy, on the other hand, doesn’t have any reason to turn himself in, especially after all the ordeals he went thru to reach his goal of attaining the most freedom. It’s almost like he wants to commit suicide just to show off his cool toy that suddenly has lost all meaning to him.

Another thing I particularly don’t agree with is the second timeskip. When the crew finds the One Piece, they have pretty much already attained their goals. After the final war, they may be satisfied with their dreams and disband, but they shouldn’t have to make their own crews since they would rather be doing their respective occupations instead of returning to piracy.

I do agree that Luffy will return the straw hat to Shanks in the end as a symbol of fulfillment to their promise, but other than that I can’t really be on board with this.

Mods, move this to One Piece Theories pls

3. Admiral Ryokugyu

Admiral of the Navy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Personally I think at some point Law will sacrifice himself to grant Luffy eternal life thanks to the Ultimate Ability of the Ope Ope no mi

4. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I honestly dont think Luffy would want to live forever.

Law could sacrifice it, but I am not sure to who at this point.

5. Time

bogan scientist
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This is a lame way to end the series, not to say the only way. I don't mind Luffy dying. Actually I have pictured that scene a few times in my head. But to have Luffy turned himself in to the marine and executed. What for? I'd imagine there will be no reason for pirates and marine to exist anymore after the final war.