1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The Monthly PAW February 2020 is out now. Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The Procrastination Thread

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Marco Polo, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

Pretty much what the title says. Post here whenever you're procrastinating doing something important.

Me? Oh, no. I'm not procrastinating right now. Definitely not. I'm definitely not spamming OPF with low quality content to avoid doing work. I never procrastinate. N-E-V-E-R. And you guys shouldn't, either. Take that as advice from your new man in black. Procrastination doesn't lead anywhere good. In fact, it usually leads somewhere bad. If I could have a superpower, it'd be the ability to never procrastinate. Oh wait, I already have it because I have never once procrastinated. The other superpower I'd pick is to never have to eat or sleep. You know how much time that wastes? A lot. Like, people like to be all quirky and say "oh I love food and naps lol", but really that's just code for "I have no personality and like to waste time". That's a hard left swipe from me, Big Marky P. Time efficiency is what gets me up in the morning, and what stops me from sleeping at night. Anyway. You lazy bum. Stop procrastinating, get off OPF and get that beautiful mind of yours to work!

Yeah You and Kia like this.
  2. Kia

Kia
    “Don’t try to find a reason for somebody’s love.”
    Supernova Member of the Year 2019
    Expand Collapse

I’m totally not procrastinating (anymore). In fact, I’m only still on OPF because I’m pre-heating the bathroom so that I can shower and move forward with the day’s activities. That’s the ticket. I need to be able to do a fitting so that I can finish sewing. Then do other cosplay niceties. So there. I won’t get caught up in these other threads and forget about the heater until goddess knows how long has passed. Nope. Not me.

3. Anjo

An alcohol dependent being, born at a young age
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Procrastination, noun - I will post the meaning later.

Mapache likes this.
  4. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Captain
    Expand Collapse

Yay! Somewhere to hang out when I'm writing fanfiction! (Though right now I'm in class so I won't be able to write fanfiction anyway).

5. Yeah You

|Yeah You desu ga?|
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Oh wow. I used to call myself the procrastination queen - how I loathe and cringe at myself..

I mean, I am a full-grown adult now. I don't procrastinate anymore. I mean 2 hours of lurking in OPF not posting on a single thread and just reading everyone else's posts - that's not procrastinating, that's me being smart. Sure, I have Korean class tonight and I should go study cause I suck but - that's at 7PM. I only have to go to the train station at 5PM, which means I have to be ready by 4PM- to catch the bus, which means I should take a shower at 3PM. It's only 1PM right now. I have enough time to study. Yep.

I mean, I can take information fast. I'll be fine. Surely. I mean, there is no test today. At least. So what if I missed the last two classes? Yeah.

Disclaimer: To all children below 18, please do not become an adult like me.

6. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Captain
    Expand Collapse

I should really close discord so I can write this one-shot without checking back every 5 seconds to see what messages someone just sent (right now a server I'm in is busy doing a roleplay in their roleplay channel and although I'm not participating I can't help but check back so I can get the red thing in the Discord desktop tab icon to go away). But at the same time I really don't want to skim through a hundred messages later. Then again, I have a deadline for this one-shot because it's for their birthday.
    Also, as a side note, why the hell did I decide to start writing a birthday one-shot less than two weeks before this character's birthday? Writing usually takes forever for me because of the procrastination thing yet I decide to do this. Maybe I'll just mute that channel since I'm not participating and only skim the last few messages.
    Now I can safely get back to writing (unless I find another reason to not do so).

7. Cleand

Forum Granpa
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

I would read all this, but maybe later.

Mapache likes this.
  8. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

fingergungifhahaha.gif

also today my procrastination went to the extreme of re-arranging all the furniture in my room

9. Twelve

NSFW
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

I am now looking for another job but first, let me just organize all the bookmarks in my browser. I'd like to put them all in different folders and maybe arrange them alphabetically or something? What else is there to do?

10thMember likes this.
  10. Pacquiao8

62-7-2 (39 KO)
    Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

Time is gold.

11. 10thMember

GRIN'S OWNER
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

#11 10thMember, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2019
    Suppose to send my report as a time keeper, but there's more time for that. Amma do it later instead.

EROR. Already became one like you.

Yeah You and Grin like this.
  12. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Captain
    Expand Collapse

I should totally be watching videos of Aquors lives right now. I don't have anything else that I should be doing at all~

13. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Like studying for PSATs?

I’m supposed to be doing my morning meditation since the boy is out the door now but I’m still on the forum because I was here and it’s interesting—alerts were coming through plus I realized the number of watched threads that hadn’t alerted me so—down the rabbit hole I fell.

14. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Captain
    Expand Collapse

Nah, that's already come and gone (draining my soul in the process). I was talking about a one shot. I could also stand to finish that thing for a cosplay.

15. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

OHH a cosplay. Totally speaking my language now! I basically came up with and created a cosplay that I don’t need until November 7th when I should’ve been doing OP tournament battle strategy. There was other stuff distracting me but I had creative brain that wouldn’t quit. *shrug* Go be creative! ^_^

PS. sorry I can’t relate to the PSAT problems. I never took them.

16. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Captain
    Expand Collapse

I swear, all of y'all adults like flexing your lack of soul crushing exams on us. Not that I blame you.

17. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

No, the flex is that I didn’t take them because I took the SATs in 6th grade so the PSATs were moot.

18. Grin

The Fool
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

It's okay, in exchange our every day life is pretty soul crushing as it is.

19. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Captain
    Expand Collapse

The fuck? Are you okay? No child that young should be exposed to that crap (forget not knowing what the fuck a constant is, I'm pretty sure you don't learn any Algebra stuff until at least 7th grade).

20. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Umm I took advanced math at an early age—I was part of a pilot program testing out a new series of books. You don’t wanna know why I took them then... okay here’s the deal. There is/was a program where they (Duke University) had kids across the country take the SATs and then if you scored high enough, you got to come take college courses on their campus for three weeks over the summer. (6 hours one class, maybe it was a separate class after lunch, it’s been years—3 hours in the AM 1 hour for lunch, 3 hours in the PM). I took the test again in 9th and 10th grade and didn’t bother anymore I think. I wish I was as smart as I used to be. Health issues have impacted my processing ability so I’m not that swift anymore. *shrug* I am who I am. I respect those who know how to study and work hard for things.

This is not untrue in many ways.