1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The Real Identity of Kiku Part 2

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Johannes, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Johannes

Expand Collapse

#1 Johannes, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Hi Guys! So where do I start! Well you're probably wondering about the title, I just got inspired by @Admiral Ryokugyu about his theory of Kiku as Kuina (view thread). Just want to share some information that I've found regarding to Kiku!

So Kiku is probably Kikuhime of the Hitaki Family! The Hitaki Family is a powerful non-canon family of daimyo residing in Yo in Wano Country. Kikuhime's father which is Hitaki was the patriarch of the Hitaki Family and the daimyo of Yo.

Lets see the resemblance:

[​IMG]
    Not only does their Names has similarity and on their definition of Appearance in One Piece Wikia have some similarities too which is on:

Kiku
    - is a young woman with long dark hair that falls into her back. She wears sandals and a kimono with chrysanthemum floral patterns. She is a very tall person, easily towering over Luffy, Zoro, and Tsuru. While

Kikuhime
    - is a slender, fair-skinned woman who has long black hair tied up in a pink bow with bangs and long whisps down the sides of her face. She wears a red kimono that has an orange flower pattern on it. (You can also see that Kikuhime is taller even though luffy is just sitting on the photo.)

They belong to a Samurai Family where as Kiku is a female samurai and Kikuhime well his father is a Daimyo.

(This is the part for a long research and explanation, I'll try to lessen it)​

One Piece x Kyoto this is where Kikuhime and along with the others are introduce (Kindly read the Plot Synopsis) it's not that long but would be a hassle if I post it here and BAAM they live happily ever after! :grin:

So Kikuhime and Toratsugu got engaged again (they probably got married) and Toratsugu will likely be the new Daimyo of Yo. Just like what happen to the Kozuki Family the Hitaki Family under the new rulers Toratsugu and Kikuhime will also suffer the same fate! Orochi and Kaido will attack them and destroy their domain! It's also a possibility that Kaido will have an interest of Toratsugu's Devil Fruit the Tori Tori no Mi, Model: Nue (well who will not be interested for a Mythical Zoan-type Devil Fruit and its a fact that the devil fruit belongs to Kaido). Toratsugu will be taken and held captive by Kaido (as he will surely not ally himself to Kaido). As this is a Non-Canon story they will probably just insert it to Kiku's story (that's what I think) :expressionless:

Now back to Kiku: So Kiku has a hidden agenda! 1) Her Identity and 2) Her Motive:

First Kiku is Kikuhime, Second It's very clear at first that she was a tea house poster girl but it turns out she was a female samurai and is on a mission to rescue his husband Toratsugu.

What DO you think? :iwonder:

2. Yamanoki

Expand Collapse

/thread

Okay, but being more serious, the events of OnePiece x Kyoto (if they were canon) have to happen after Luffy beats Kaido because they bid farewell to Kikuhime at the end of that storyline. As such, the timeline that you've presented is, at best, backwards and therefore doesn't make any sense. Kiku also claims to have only been in Wano for a short while, but Kikuhime is implied to have been born in Wano.

It's certainly possible that Oda has reused elements of Kikuhime's design, but I doubt they're the same person.

Marco Polo and Johannes like this.
  3. Monkey D. Ruffy

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Hmm don’t know. We have to little info for that. But it’s a nice read

Johannes likes this.
  4. Johannes

Expand Collapse

Its not like they have to beat Kaido first! and they only departed on Yo region, not totally on Wano Country (just take this as an example: when the Strawhats went to Dressrosa and then they went to Green Bit after doing their business over there and then comeback to Dressrosa). Also just like what Tsuru said that she only came on Kuri region recently and Kiku's only been with her for a month! (this implies that they are from another region). Yep I also think that Oda sensei has reused some elements of Kikuhime to Kiku, but there is also a possibility that they are the same person. (who knows we just have to wait) :smirk:

5. Johannes

Expand Collapse

Attached Files: