1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The Secret of the hat

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by camoramo24, Jun 9, 2018.

1. camoramo24

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

If you only watch the anime, you probably shouldn’t read this. This will contain spoilers for chapter 906 and 907. I also said I would post this if something was confirmed in 907. That thing wasn't confirmed, but Oda still delivered something very helpful

At first, I was one of the people who was a firm believer that the straw hat was the great secret of Mary Geoise, but then I started to think a little more realistically. The person in the mask went downstairs into some locked room. There is no way the straw hat has great power, if it did you honestly wouldn’t need to lock it way down there. No one in their right mind would believe that the straw hat had this much power, so you could literally hide it in plain sight and not make a big deal about it. I just wanted to make sure you understand that in this theory, I believe that the straw hat itself isn’t important. If you believe it is then there is a thread that talks about it’s possible importance. You should definitely check it out, “The Straw Hat Has A Strong Charisma Boost”, by @Robin-Senpai Is The Best I enjoyed talking in there, if you believe the straw hat is important saturate that page, if not, you should still saturate that page.
    I didn’t notice it until after Tekking mentioned it in his chapter review, but the surroundings look like they are a part of something that use to be there, this gave me two thoughts one which is a bit more wild than the other and I will definitely elaborate on.

1. I joked about it in a previous thread I called it a magic trick, but maybe the secret is literally under the straw hat. If you think about this like the real world, there are many things that are told to us that we just accept. We believed Columbus found the US, which was obviously not true, yet we still believed and celebrated it, some people still do. Doflamingo said something in chapter 906, “Power has a very short shelf life”, in this theory I’m taking this to mean social power not physical power. We have been constantly told by the world government that the D is the enemy of the of the God, I have no reason to believe this is not true. What if the D isn't the one everyone should be worried about? What if under the straw hat is proof that the people that were meant to stand in power were the D’s? There are 20 kings that left their kingdoms to be to go to Mary Geoise. Correction, 20 were offered and 19 took the offer. The one family that did not take this offer was the Nefertari family. Thinking about it logically, why would anyone not accept this power. It’s simply because they do not agree with what transpired during this void century, and I believe another family didn’t agree either.

In chapter 907 I was reminded of Donquixote Homing, Doflamingo’s father. Why did he decide it was time to leave the holy land? I believe every CD is at some point told what happened during the Void century, it’s just some take it different. When Homing found out what happen he couldn’t stay there anymore, he had to get his family out of this area. The reason that the Donquixote family decided to stay in this area in the first place was because they needed someone to fight from within. How did fishman tiger get up into Mary Geoise? I’m assuming people are only let up during reverie, or to let a CD back in. This whole time the Donquixote family has been fighting the government from the inside. The person that went down to see the straw hat was actually a Donquixote, and I believe they are wondering when they will actually be able to revel this secret. They are waiting for the D to return.

I don’t know what is under the hat to be honest, but obviously it’s something that cannot be burned as easy as paper and I don’t think it’s an ancient weapon. I believe the thing under the straw hat is something that can’t be broken by sheer power or by devil fruit. I believe it is something that has been kept in writing on a stone of some kind. Maybe sea prism. On this stone it tell of the original rulers, and their benevolence.

2. I just now decided that I will post my other head cannon in a different thread. It will explain how Shanks does what he does. This is the wild one that I wanted to elaborate on, that I can't get to right now.

If you finished reading let me know what you think. Is the straw hat important? or is there something else of important? what do you think it is?

Seiryu, GoldenVenus and Storm chaser like this.
  2. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Interesting theory you have here. The Donquixote being D's ally for senturies seems possible.

The hat being just above whatever item/thing is a good idea too. Maby there is a DF under it. I too think it isint something like paper that can be destroyed easly.

camoramo24 likes this.
  3. GoldenVenus

Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I don't believe the straw hat is the national treasure either. But I do believe the hat still has a role in all this. Like it could belong to someone important or something. A lot of people are going with the idea of the preserved corpses being the treasure. They could be right, they could be wrong. I've heard that Oda has gotten tired to outsmart the readers, but if he's still trying to, then it's gonna be hard XD

But it's not just about the hat. I believe there's something else even more important. And I think your idea of the Donquixote family siding with the D's is quite interesting, and we actually know almost nothing about them aside from Doflamingo and his brother. And Doflamingo aside, his brother and parents were all good guys and perhaps there's more to them than we know.

camoramo24 likes this.
  4. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah and why then doflamingo wanted to kill all ''D'' people? If they are allies?

camoramo24 likes this.
  5. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

Coz there is always one psycho in the family the donquixote have doffy and the D have Blackbeard

6. camoramo24

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#6 camoramo24, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Lol exactly, not the exact words I would have used but the point it exactly the same.

edit: Essentially, Doffy was told the history at some point and he didn't care, he just wanted the power. He is the psycho one in his family. Now, since he was deprived of that power, he is angry, he wanted to kill someone, he can't kill the CD because he would be killed by an Admiral. So, he now rose up to power and gained the protection of a Yonko. This is why he can blackmail the World government and no one goes after him. The world government isn't as stupid as Luffy, they wouldn't anger a yonko. @ZakNik

7. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

he didn't fear aokiji on punk hazard. But anyway we will see when times come

8. GoldenVenus

Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I don't think Doflamingo knows about the true history of the Void Century and D's. From the way he talks, I don't think he knows. And it doesn't really make sense if he knew everything about it. He could have heard bits and pieces of the story though.

9. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

Or maybe the treasure is a final piece of a poneglyph. One that puts an end to the history of the void century.

dreamlovermimi likes this.
  10. camoramo24

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

He knows enough about the history to blackmail the WG is the point.

11. camoramo24

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

See that is interesting. In one chunk, there is enough information to leave everyone at a blank. I'm imagining when Oda shows Robin reading the incomplete poneglyph. It would be like, build up followed by build up and then Robin says, "but there is a piece missing" :tearsofjoy:. Crazy levels of blue balls there.

General Zoro likes this.
  12. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

You get what I was thinking.

13. Rexraptor

Pass on what you have learnt as a Simple Cell
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Well *picking his nose* If you observe...then you see that there were quite a few selves there and I think the Part of D's are kept there as a showcase and * throws his nose picking away * this one here is glowing showing that this particular D is about to Raise or Shake the world. Might Be
    image.jpeg

Power here is nothing as you said but The Political Power but not the Strength of a person (I'm not getting exact words)
    He(Doflamingo-San) is telling something about revealing something and Shanks-Sama also heads for a talk with the 5-elders about a certain pirate. So it's nothing but *picking his nose again* an indication about the new D which is about to Rise and sit on the Throne which is at the centre of the World, after bringing Peace.
    Well considering the end of One Piece it should be something like this Won Peace .

14. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Nothing really to add since I'm not creative. As for Tiger, he was a slave and he went on a rampage to save most of the slaves at that time. The whole mark of the Sun Pirates was to cover up the dragon claw of being a slave.