1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

The Tournament of Power

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Pacquiao8, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Another episode without elimination. I hope Kefla will be eliminated in the next episode. Within the next few episodes, another universe will be eliminated based from the titles, it's either U6 or U2. I hope it's U6 because I'm tired of the focus they're getting (they already had a focus arc before).

Another U7 warrior will be eliminated soon, too. Possibly Android 18? I mean, she's the "weakest link" of U7 right now.

2. lucci

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

tbh the stuff they r doing with kale with caulifla is a total asspull and complete bs imo
    But my boi goku has been saving these episodes
    U2 can go asap but i have a feeling its gonna be u6 cuz the remaining u6 is fighting u7
    kefla as such could get away from goku but i don't see that happening and one thing i really hope is the remaining namekians fuse into piccolo but i seriously doubt it xD

3. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Agree about Kale and Caulifla. Good thing is that their Potara fusion is only matching an unrecovered Goku.
    As much as many people hate U2, courtesy of Ribrianne, I think they'll be eliminated after U6. Though it can be the other way around.
    Kefla can only escape through unnecessary plot armor or DEM as Goku seems to be determined to eliminate them once he fully recovers (he's using them to recover/unlock Ultra Instinct again).
    It would be better if Gohan and Piccolo will eliminate the Namekians.

We still have 19 minutes left into the tournament. U4's hidden warriors are still on cloak.

Konohakitten likes this.
  4. Marco Polo

ダサい
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Considering Berserk Kale was pushing back a full stamina SSB Goku earlier in the arc, I don't think Kefla's power level is that much of a stretch. Also, Jiren didn't open his eyes when she powered up so she can't be that strong ;)

Looking forward to more Ultra Instinct, but I'm still not sure the transformation is "complete" yet - seeing it activate subconsciously like this reminds me of Gohan going SS2 in the time chamber way back in the Cell Saga. I don't think Ultra Instinct will be a proper form for Goku until he can activate it consciously

Konohakitten likes this.
  5. Konohakitten

Expand Collapse

Typical Goku just using all opportunities to train and learn. All he needs is for his body to go into a new form once and it's like he learns it by muscle memory. After that he has to figure out how to do it again, and seeing that he's Ultra again just proves that he's using his fight with Keflas as a way to learn more about this new form and how it works. I really want to see if there is a draw back to using Ultra though. Part of me really wants Goku to go to the dark side. There's something about this form that seems very primal, and the fact that he was in SS Blue when he was hit by the spirit bomb may be a clue as to why you hear what sounds like a roar when he screams. He had malice in heart after all. I'm thinking Goku maybe losing part of himself whenever he uses this form, and having Goku be an enemy IMO would be pretty awesome. It would also explain why we have Kefla. I'd like to think that the universe 6 saiyans have been standing out power level wise so they can help out in a later arc :D

6. lucci

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#66 lucci, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    berserk kale was so much bs as well but at the very least the animators made it evident goku had taken no damage so, pretty sure the real extend of berserk kale is about ssj2 which is why kefla's strength is baffling, kefla at this stage at best should be roughly equivalent to vegito in buu arc ,and we have come a long way from that..

ultra instict imo is a form where u just let ur sub conscious take over, sub conscious mind is extremely powerful and can perform actions with pinpoint accuracy and without loss of finesse for long periods of time to what u trained initially without u having to give a second thought,kinda like when u play a fast/field sport u do a lot of things at the same time which for others maybe difficult to comprehend but to a player it just happens in the moment
    this is also the reason why i think goku doesn't talk/shout and has a stern look cuz talking/shouting .i.e expressing emotions needs conscious thought and as soon u get conscious about something , the efficiency of that task reduces drastically, which is why i think as soon as goku started screaming against jiren and started displaying emotions, he lost the form.

as for how he gained it, it felt like he got blinded the massive energy of spirit bomb, and then the energy of the spirit bomb gave goku some temporary power but goku was kinda phased out so when he gained his 'senses' back and saw jiren, went to attack without giving a conscious thought to anything else..

kinda like when u wake up in the morning and r like half sleep and u don't give a fuck about anything in the world and r brushing ur teeth half ded and halfway u realise u forgot to complete ur assignment and start panicking

Konohakitten likes this.
  7. lucci

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

8. Konohakitten

Expand Collapse

I really like your take on what Ultra Instinct could be, it makes sense. I really do believe that the spirit bomb is the key to this form. The fact that Krillin mentioned that Goku can't gather the energy needed for a spirit bomb if he's in any form of SS, because there's malice within him is very important. Goku's hit by his own technique while in SS blue King Kai Fist. I don't think Goku would have let himself be damaged so instead he absorb the energy once he entered that black hole.

Now we've seen what can happen if Goku absorbs spirit bomb energy.

I know the movies aren't considered canon, but I can't help but feel this has some kind of connection. The only real difference is Goku's expression. In the movie you see pure rage, you even hear a roar when he screams, but with Ultra he's calm, almost as if he's on auto piolet. Perhaps the difference is the experience Goku has under his belt? Either way it's fun to theorize.

Autoplay is paused

9. lucci

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#69 lucci, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    As expected its u6 , kefla drops xD

10. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. I don't see those Namekians survive longer. Excited to see Beerus' reaction when his twin Champa will be erased.

26 warriors left.

11. Konohakitten

Expand Collapse

Even after watching Dragon Ball for over 25 years it still manages to keep me on the edge of my seat! Last episode was bitchin!

12. Marco Polo

ダサい
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Konohakitten likes this.
  13. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It's more or less confirmed that U2 will be the one to be erased in the next episode. I really hoped it's U6, I can only hope 2 universes wiped in 1 episode.

14. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

So it's confirmed that both U2 and U6 will be erased this coming episode.

Seiryu likes this.
  15. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I've been enjoying and looking forward to the recent episodes of DB Chou over One Piece. I think the only other time this happened was when HxH reanimated Kurapika taking on the Troupe.

Feels like we are about 3/4ths of the way through even though time wise it's still close to 50%. So hopefully Piccolo and Gohan put up some good teamwork since the previous action from them has been forgettable.

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  16. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I hope Gohan (maybe with Piccolo) will be the one to take down Dyspo.

About the U4 hidden twins, Frieza will probably take them down. By the way, I'm also interested seeing Beerus' reaction when Quitela gets erased.

I can see #18 being the next to fall down since she's the "weakest link" of U7 right now. U7 warriors are going to fall one after another in the next episodes I guess. Maybe U7 will have only 3 warriors left once another universe gets wiped (probably U4).

LOL with U2 and U6 pre-wipe moments though.

17. lucci

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

So far the tournament has gone without many complaints.
    but i really hope 18 doesn't fall off easily by u4 because they handicapped her with some bullshit sprain.
    at the very least she is just as strong as piccolo and lets not forget in u7 right now the weakest warriors are piccolo and 18 who both btw are roughly on par with a super saiyan 2 and looking at other universes(except 11), a ss2 level fighter is the best they got + some petty tricks.
    so yeah 18 or piccolo going down without a proper fight would be a shame not to mention they have cover from 17 and gohan respectively, both of whom are on fire

Seiryu likes this.
  18. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#18 won't probably get a decent fight alone, just like her husband. She might get eliminated not because she's weak but because she can't sense her opponent (the hidden U4 warriors). All eliminated U7 warriors so far doesn't got dropped because they lose to an opponent but from various reasons. The trend might continue.

Seiryu likes this.
  19. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Gohan still has to show his complete potential..

20. Moman

Most in love with Tashigi (Young Fool is a liar)
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Vegeta better not get knocked out next episode.