1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

There is a poneglyph in wano and the shogun has it

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by James geraghty, Jun 30, 2018.

1. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

in the latest issue we see each of the straw hats in wano doing different tasks and robin was disguised as a geisha and is learning to dance for the shogun. So it might be that each of the straw hats are trying to get an audience with the shogun. Now this would probably be to assassinate him but what if instead they are after something else.

I believe that the shogun has access to atleast one poneglyp which the straw hats discovered and are attempting to get. This might be a road poneglyp or one that will share knowledge about the void century

Blacky Rose likes this.
  2. Marco Polo

circus act
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Didn’t they say it was in Kaido’s possession back in Zou?

camoramo24, ZakNik and Seiryu like this.
  3. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

I can’t quit remember but I think they said he already had one at this point and that wano doesn’t actually own anything they are just the country that produced them.

4. GoldenVenus

Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah pretty sure they mentioned Kaido has it. Makes me wonder what he'd do if he learns about Robin being the survivor of Ohara and her ability to read poneglyphs. And that she's already in Wano.

5. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

That is the road poneglyp. 1st kaido has to be keeping it somewhere and it could be in wano and 2nd it doesn’t necessarily have to be a road poneglyp but one that will just connect to an ancient weapon or the void century

6. Admiral Ryokugyu

f(b/{gj/mj|{
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This.
    They said Kaido has the Road Poneglyph. Now let's take Kaido and the Shogun of Wano. They're both quite high ranked right ? But who's the supreme ruler ? Of course It's Kaido. Kaido is searching for other Road Poneglyph as well ( he boiled Oden because he didn't wanna give him information about the Void Century ). So if the Shogun has a poneglyph, it means he's hiding it from Kaido, which i think can't be the case. We've always heard that Kaido and the Shogun are working together.

You said that the Straw Hats are disguising because they wanna have contact with the Shogun. This is not true. In the same chapter 909 we saw Kinemon telling them to disguise because that's the best way to stay in Wano waiting for the other guys to arrive. So they're only doing that because they need to stay unnoticed until their nakamas arrive. They won't make a move until all the forces are gathered. They are not in Wano for a fight. It's a war.

7. All Anime

Give Justice to Sanji San not raid suit.
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

We have seen Most of the islands which are not affiliated or have some weird history with the World Goverment to have Ponegliphs like

Skypiea (The skyisland is ruled by someone called God and the interference of WG is minimum to null as we have seen there are a couple of other other sky island too which i also believe will not have connections to the WG),
    Alabasta (I mentioned this because Alabasta is one of the 20 Kingdoms that supported the WG in the void century),
    WCI (WG here as well does not control the administration and they are hardly seen here and its BM's island so yeah) ,
    Zou (We know that Zou is weirdly somehow very close to the Wano and from the fact that WG had no interference during the battle with jack)
    and presumably Elbaf isnt going to be affiliated with the WG also as there were no one from elbaf in the reverie and may very well have a ponegliph
    so from the facts its also very likely that Wano is going to have a ponegliph, the ponegliph might very well be of Kaido and the Shogun is likely to be working with him.

8. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

I would agree with this except in this same chapter robin is learning to dance so she can perform for the shogun herself.

I agree with taking these jobs to go unnoticed but robin is letterally doing a job that would get her right into the shogun presence. That is very risky. Maybe she is just getting close to him to assassinate him or she is trying to get into his home so she can sneak off and find the poneglyps

9. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

I believe the sky Islands are free of the wg because I think they are just too unknown to the world I mean Skypiea was just a legend like the one piece and while you can get to the sky without shooting yourself up into the sky I think that the wg just haven’t really acknowledged their existence yet. Simply put it is too difficult to get there.

I also think there are other Fishmen islands out there under the sea it is just no one can get there.

With wano I think the wg have tried invading the country in the past. Akainu seemed very hesitate of the country and this is a guy who charged straight at pirates like shanks, Blackbeard and whitebeard without hesitation.

I think maybe the wg tried and failed to take wano and this is why it is regarded as a strong country. Now for the poneglyp in wano I don’t think it will be a road one instead I think robin will uncover some major history about the country that will cause an uprising. Maybe she learned the true lineage of the emperor or maybe she uncovers some kind of Important info.

I think the 4th poneglyp that leads to one piece is in elbalf. In big mom flashback we saw an image of the country and off to the side was a giant tree.

Elbalf will be based off of Norse mythology and this tree will be based off of the world tree. I think the road poneglyp will either be buried inside the tree, under the roots or at the top.

One island that I think isn’t talked enough about or is even named is the home of the different body tribes, long arms, long neck, long legs, 3 eyes etc.
    These people pop up all over the place and we know nothing about the, except they all seem to hate each other.
    I think we will see their home, find out why they fight each other and it will be connected to finding the one piece or something

All Anime likes this.
  10. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

With what i remember there is one with kaido similar to bigmom, mostly a road poneglyp

11. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

Yer but I don’t see him carrying it in his pocket all the time. He likely has it safe guarded in wano

12. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

Yeah maybe the shogun or xdrake proctects it

13. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

Xdrake I am eager to see. I don’t really know what his deal is. I do expect him to be one of the top kaido guardians of the shogun but if he is there I think he has some alternative plan

14. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

It was just a disguise and we know that one of their reasons is to learn about the Road Poneglyph that's in the Wano Country. Robin's disguise is to get close to the Shogun, the more she's closer, the higher the chance to learn/read it. If she should have found it, she'd just have to read it, unlike what Brook did. I guess, that's all it matters.

15. All Anime

Give Justice to Sanji San not raid suit.
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

But as we have seen that people of wano have learned that there is some murderous mysterious samurai (Zoro) who can do a lot using a seppuku, i guess that the security for Shogun will be highly increased and the event of Robin meeting Shogun might be cancelled unless he is a self absorbed prick like most of the one piece villains are.

16. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

By that time the people of wano have learned that, meaning, even they (Kinemon, Robin, Franky, Usopp..) would be heard about it, there will be a change of their plan and no more disguises, and the GAME is ON.

17. Vegalol

Expand Collapse

Thanks Mr. Obvious

18. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

With zoro 2 things can happen, he will be declared a criminal and hunted leading to zoro beating everyone after him thus making him more and more of a threat until someone important will be sent after him such as a member of kaido group or a samurai who deals with big threats. Zoro will defeat them which leads to a national man hunt and fear and one of the headliners who last chapter reveals are the top leaders of sectors for kaido such as Hawkins.
    So one headliner I think will be killer who could fight zoro and either lead to a straw hat and Kidd alliance or zoro just learns about what happened to Kidd.

Or zoro is hunted but is offered a pardon if zoro becomes a samurai.

Zoro joins the samurai and is made a guard to the shogun or the emperor who could he kaido.

Either way I think he will be personally invited to meet the shogun who offers zoro a position as one of his top warriors.
    The problem is I don’t think zoro will accidently do the smart thing and play along until luffy and the others show up and robin and so on are ready to fight.
    Instead I think zoro will just go straight into the fight and attack the shogun.

I don’t know what zoro will do but I do see him being offered a position close to the shogun once they figure out how powerful he is