1. Participate in the Monthly PAW May 2018 with a special category for our anniversary!
  2. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Tower of god

Discussion in 'Manga Series' started by Urek Mazino, May 12, 2018.

1. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

I have only met a few tower of god fans. I don't know why it's not as big as other manga nor picked up for a anime.

The characters are amazing, the world building is HUGERE, the storyline is up there with One Piece.

I just can't see how it's not a top anime or at least talked about more.

GoldenVenus and Yuuzume like this.
  2. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately,manhwa are separate from manga so there hasn't been one that has gotten an anime so far,except for 2 episodes of Noblesse.It's definitely a pity though man.I'm with you,ToG undoubtedly deserves an animation.I like that you compare its story line with One Piece's,I recently did the same thing.I agree with you,it's story doesn't lose out in depth,size or detail.The characters are awesome,and nice (except Rachel),and I personally like its art style.

Urek Mazino likes this.
  3. Grin

Happy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

So I recently started reading this out of @Yuuzume 's recommendation and this happened:
    [​IMG]
    Spooky fucking comic, knowing my name. I'll also unfollow this thread now to avoid spoilers.

Chaudfontaine and Yuuzume like this.
  4. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

Right? They even made a girl with a bobcut call you out,what more do you want.Haha,glad it caught your interest,enjoy the story.

Urek Mazino and Grin like this.
  5. servo

Expand Collapse

Tower of God is actually a webtoon being published on Line's webtoon site

Urek Mazino and Yuuzume like this.
  6. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

I wasn't aware,the art kind of reminds me of a manhwa so it had been kind of a manhwa/webtoon for me until now.Thanks for the clarification.Well,unfortunately no webtoon has gotten an anime either though,as far as I know at least.

Urek Mazino and servo like this.
  7. servo

Expand Collapse

But one Webtoon was made into a Kdrama , Cheese in Trap
    Line is actually a korean site so chnaces of Kdramas are way more than Anime
    BTW my sis is also publishing one of her webtoons on line as well
    My avtar is the main lead guy Ryu

Yuuzume likes this.
  8. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

That could be hopeful for many webtoons,but unfortunately,I doubt ToG would be one of them.It's impressive of your sister to have her own series published.By the way,is there a difference between manga and webtoon even.I checked out what I had thought to be manhwa and the all turned out to be webtoons.And when I tried to see examples of manhwa,I saw the same ones.

9. servo

Expand Collapse

Only diffrence is Mangas are Japanese and Manwhah are Korean and webtoons are also like Manwhaha
    Manwaha are generally colored not black an wide and their paneling is much diffrent than Mangas and also stories are kinda different as well ... that my observation only there is no clear definination, generally speaking they all are comics

10. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

I knew mangas are different than the other two.It's just the other two (Manhwa and Webtoons) look exactly the same.Both colored,both similar stories,etc.I guess in my mind,I have treated ones with more sophisticated art that look like manga to be mahwas,and the ones that are more cartoon-like to be webtoons.I guess they're essentially the same though.

servo likes this.
  11. servo

Expand Collapse

I th
    ink other two look similar is because Line is a korean website and it publishd korean Manwahas english translated so it has beocme somewhat a trend for webtoons to be like Manwahas again just my opinion

12. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

Ah,I see.I had assumed that they were webtoons just cause I saw them published in LINE.But I guess there's no site meant for manhwa,so they ended up being published in LINE since it's Korean.This actually helps clear things up,thank you for the info and your opinion man,I appreciate it

servo likes this.
  13. Dara

Expand Collapse

I suppose that the audience for ToG is so much smaller when there is no anime to hype about. It hasn't spread around the globe like One piece, Fullmetal Alchemist or Attack on Titan. Especially FMA and Attack on Titan are series which, people who don't usually watch anime, do watch (at least people in my own circles).

I really liked ToG in the beginning, but somehow after Baam got separated from the group I kind of lost interest. I guess I didn't like the new characters as much as the original group and I read the series with half-interest and with ToG that isn't enough. I soon found myself lost and not understanding what was going on.

From the characters I liked Baam and Koon the best and relationship between Baam, Koon and Rak was fascinating.

And Urek Mazino is awesome :D

Yuuzume likes this.
  14. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

Pity,they reunite again later on.

I completely agree here.

Dara likes this.
  15. Dara

Expand Collapse

Yes the joyful day! I actually did read all the way till then. The last things I remember were that they got into some sort of train (?) that would take them through the levels much quicker, but it was also brutally hard to beat the tests there. At that point I was so lost that there was no point reading on before actually understanding what was going on. I promised myself that I would re-read the series, but I still haven't gotten around to doing that.

Yuuzume likes this.
  16. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

Ah,the Hell Train.It does get interesting there,but yeah,the story also kind of strays.Usually,the story went back to the main story line after every bit,but at that point it just keeps extending and we don't know when it'll get back.But it's reasonable cause of the sheer size of the story and its components,ToG is very similar to One Piece in that way.

Dara likes this.
  17. GoldenVenus

Expand Collapse

Tower of God is definitely one of my favorites. And yes the story is brilliant. (But I hate Rachel to death). TOG is actually really popular in Korea, but I guess since it's a webtoon (and not published on paper) it's not hyped as much as mangas. Not to mention it's hard for manhwas/webtoons to get adaptations. WHich i have no idea why. Well, Noblesse finally got an adaptation but it was like an OVA and I wasn't pleased with it.

P/s: I love Urek. He's badass.

18. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

Me neither.But I guess it was expected since they tried to cramp dozens of chapters in 1-2 episodes.

19. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

It really does deserve an anime. Hopefully if it gets more popular it will eventually. I feel like some of the inspiration is from One Piece. You don't forget much of the story except the individual tests. I love every character (except Rachel az well) I can already tell she's going to get a big part soon. The art style is amazing sometimes I can't tell what an attack does but asides from that i love it.

What's your sisters Weston I'd love to check it out?

True not having an anime or a short one hurts alot OG manga, manwha & webtoons. But true everyone I know has watched FMA at some point even though they're not into anime.

You have to start back. You got to read again. How they get back together was great reminded me of Eneis Lobby somewhat. After it gets better in my opinion. Other people get to show off more an some of the newer characters are great. Though still not as good as the originals.

Bam, Rak, Koon, Urek are my fav especially Rak.

Aww yea you have to start again. Hell Train is honestly the worst arc to me it dragged on a lot. But it expands the story alot an Bam even gets a power up.

I think everyone agrees that Rachel is the most hated character. Didnt know they were popular in Korea you learn something new every day. I would guess they usually dont get anime adaptationsince people really dont know much about them an some people prefer paper copies instead of online.

My goal has been to spread it to a lot more people. I really want others to see it an hopefully it can get a anime adaptation in the future.

20. servo

Expand Collapse

The link is in my signature also I made a topic about in here on OPForums

Urek Mazino likes this.