1. Participate in the Monthly PAW May 2018 with a special category for our anniversary!
  2. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Tower of god

Discussion in 'Manga Series' started by Urek Mazino, May 12, 2018.

1. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

During the arc with the test with Zygaena's flower,when F.U.G visited Baam,Hwa Ryun called Wagnan by that title,thus confirming it then.Whether that title meant something at the time was subjective,but as you said,it has been pretty much confirmed through Jahad's data's physical appearance. Personally I don't dislike how Baam gets him powers,because in the end,he goes through life threatening battles for them.So I mostly see them as the reward for being willing to put his life on the line for his friends and ideals.

That's an interesting thought to base the assumption on.Personally,I think it's just his name and is just a bit relevant to word "Phantom" but that's not a problem actually.The main problem for me with that idea,is Phantaminum's strength.Since he's stronger than Jahad,he wouldn't have died at his hands (since V is considered dead).And if he was just weaker at the time and became stonger later,wouldn't he have gone to rescue Baam and Arlene.I do see (and sincerely hope) that both Enryuu and Phantaminum are connected to Baam through their relations to V,but I don't see either of them as the possible father of Baam due to their sheer strength.

GoldenVenus likes this.
  2. GoldenVenus

Expand Collapse

V committed suicide after Jahad killed Baam and after Arlene had gone crazy. But no one really saw his corpse or anything. So, if we're talking about this theory, I would assume that he might not have died, but might have gone slightly mad or something. He wouldn't know about Baam being alive. Cos I keep thinking why on earth would Phantaminum suddenly appear out of nowhere in Jahad's palace and kill the strongest rankers and then disappeared without a trace.

Yuuzume likes this.
  3. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

Oh,him having gone slightly mad and not remembering who Baam is,is actually quite a reasonable explanation.Yes,that would be quite feasible.Though the conditions would have to be very precise.Since he went and killed all those rankers at Jahad's palace,I'm guessing he harbors quite a bit of hate for him.So for that to be true,he would have to remember what Jahad did to him and to have forgotten solely Baam's existence.Well,that and some other things are a bit detailed,but I see it as quite possible now.It's a pity that we haven't caught even a glimpse of Phantaminum yet,like we did with Enryuu.Perhaps the physical appearance would have been proof of it.

GoldenVenus likes this.
  4. GoldenVenus

Expand Collapse

I think SIU has said before that he himself doesn't know whether Phantaminum would make an appearance in the story? Lol I'm hoping we could see at least a glimpse of him.

Yuuzume likes this.
  5. Grin

cultural asset
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Started for @Yuuzume, stayed for Androssi. And unlike most seem to be, I'm really interested in Rachel.

Yuuzume likes this.
  6. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

And just like that the day got brighter and I got happier.

7. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

Yes it's hinted that he may be his son along with Karaka having some relation to them.

I wonder how Enryuu, Phantaminum, Urek & Jahad rank when all 4 are active. Urek hasn't been active much until recent. Jahad we all know about him.

I really want to see how this Axis stuff works. If I read correctly an Axis is pretty much a real life person turned into a character. For example SIU becoming his own character. It says there are more Axis outside the tower so I have a feeling TOG will be extremely long compared to One Piece an that they will eventually journey outside the tower.

Phantaminum bein V could definitely happen. I would say he may be a ghost since phantom is a play on ghost. Probably a revenge thing or even a contract he made with a guardian

I think it was during the early Hell train arc. It honestly makes everything much more interesting with all the Jahad Princesses, then boom a prince all of a sudden which changes the tides of everything.

I honestly think Wagnan is a key to the next floor along with the 13 months.

It is a bit annoying. He's had a good 5 power ups without fully utilizing the one before. He literally just got 2 in the past 20 chapters. Got the Red Thyrsha like 40-50 chapters ago, the souls that White was going to get on the Hell train, and even the Rice Pot which seems to be the key to unleashing all his power since Koon Eduan was able to make a downgraded version on the spot.

Yuuzume likes this.
  8. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

Considering the rate with which they're climbing the tower and the depth of the story,it's highly possible.I'm guessing they'll also eventually return to where Baam was originally (the cave outside the tower).It's definitely a welcomed turn of events for me,more ToG is always better.

And it also means for Androssi for @Grin .

GoldenVenus likes this.
  9. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

I definitely agree we've been flying through the floors in season 2. Season 1 the floor were so slow almost like the first 100 episodes of OP lmao. The cave has to be gone back to but I wouldnt be surprised if it isnt destroyed or filled in by some outside force. Definitely more TOG is always better.

Yuuzume likes this.
  10. GoldenVenus

Expand Collapse

"An Axis is basically like an 'author' who has the ability to influence/affect the plot. In the Tower of God universe, Phantaminum is the "author", or god, of one "story" in the universe. In exchange for taking on the responsibility of managing this story, he is given a powerful authority over the events that occur in the story. He is able to "write" records that cannot be erased or changed."
    (credit: Tower of God Wiki)

This is why I've always been interested in Phantaminum. I hope we'll get to know more about him.

Yuuzume likes this.
  11. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

Ok good so I was understanding right then. Which makes this story all the more crazy and makes Phantaminum so much more interesting. It also said that there are other Axis outside the tower which why it led me to believe the cast will go outside which will be a whole arc in itself. More have to be introduced especially since it seems Bam isn't an Axis so he can't defeat Phantaminum. I'm honestly surprised he didn't make an apperance during the Floor of Death arc.

GoldenVenus likes this.
  12. GoldenVenus

Expand Collapse

Well, Baam was originally from outside the tower. Who knows, SIU might drop another bomb and reveal that Baam is an Axis, which is why he's getting all sorts of powers XD But yeah, I'm interested about the outside world, it needs a story

13. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

Knowing SIU he definitely will. I honestly can't not (bad double negative) see Bam being an Axis I just can't fathom that he would fight the #1 in the tower eventually. The outside world is huge. A floor of just the outer tower is supposed to be the size of North America. The inner tower is where most of the story takes places. White consumed billions of people from 2 countries alone. This would put the population of the tower in the quadrillions (15 0s) or even quintillions (18 0s.) There are parts of the tower Jahad isnt even known in. I'm surprised none of the few Irregulars have mentioned more about the outside. The only thing that's really been said was Urek said that the tower is tiny compared to the outside. Like I cant imagine how big that is. @GoldenVenus

GoldenVenus likes this.
  14. GoldenVenus

Expand Collapse

Yeah and we don't even know how the tower came to be and why it even exists in the first place. It's not like Jahad and the family leaders were the first people to climb the tower. There's just so many things haven't been told. And yeah, I think TOG is gonna be really long. Who knows, One Piece might even finish first. lol.

15. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

It will be interesting how it came about. Seems someone built it but it is impossible by hand had to be some magical intervention. Then how did people get into it and the different species.
    Like how did everything get set into place. What people are higher up that could be equal to or stronger than Jahad an the 10 families. I can't wait to learn more.

Oh gosh if one piece ends before TOG I may not make it. Seems I'll barely make the end of OP.