1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Vegapunk is related to luffy somehow

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Badre-san, May 6, 2018.

1. Badre-san

Expand Collapse

ok before you jump to conclusions. let me explain an important thing here
    we heared vegapunk name since like episode +200. and he/she didn't make an appearance yet

and as we all know Kuma asked vegapunk to create an last mission and wish is to protect straw hats & they're ship
    without saying anything to world goverment or navy yet. isn't that weird enough?

im sure that vegapunk will have an important role at one piece to straw hats

opareyoukiddingme? likes this.
  2. GoldenVenus

Reigning Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, I don't think he's related to Luffy. Well, I've heard of a theory about how Vegapunk might be related to Rev. Army, which is why he had no problem agreeing to Kuma's condition. I don't buy it though. Kuma was already a Rev. Army, so I don't think Vegapunk is.

But I'm interested in the theory that he might be personally acquainted to Dragon himself, perhaps they had a history in the past? Idk. There has to be a reason as to why Vegapunk would actually listen to Kuma. Though I have no idea what the deal Kuma had made with him.

3. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree with @GoldenVenus . There is a huge chance Vegapunk is a secret Revolutionary Army agent . Dragon , Kuma and Vegapunk had a plan and they tricked the World Government . Dragon sent Kuma to Vegapunk in order for him to make an army of Pacifista , and later Vegapunk will turn this army against the Government itself , and he will give back Kuma his memories . So the Pacifista might be a property of the Government , but in a split second they'll turn against them , because the one who made them is a Revolutionary .

4. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

I could say a lot about the guy.

But, I'd just like to say I think he's someone who doesn't particularly care what happens to the world-- he just wants to create the things he sees in his mind. Like a great inventor. Good-hearted scientist, mad scientist?

Scientists often hold very strong opinions, and argue with each other about stuff. I wonder what those other scientists think of Vegapunk handing all the knowledge of their collective efforts in past experiments... to the World Government.

Personally, I think he just uses them to gain access to more resources for his own experiments.

---

The, "other scientists" meaning the group of scientists he worked with alongside Judge prior to ever working with the World Government.

heyarara and GoldenVenus like this.
  5. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I heard this theory aswell.

Him having a history with Dragoin could be really interesting, and what kind of.

I dunno about him having an importance to strawhats, but he could be a future ally perhaps?

GoldenVenus and Admiral Ryokugyu like this.
  6. GoldenVenus

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah that could be the case too. Vegapunk somehow reminds me of that mad scientist from Katekyo Hitman Reborn, his name's Verde if I remember correctly. Though he's often viewed as a bad guy, he's more like so immersed and obsessed with his research and experiment that he's willing to do anything.

Perhaps Vegapunk is like that too, and maybe he actually doesn't give a shit about the WG or the Marine. Cos obviously the WG is the one paying everything for the research and experiment right. So maybe that's the only reason he's working with them, who knows.

heyarara likes this.
  7. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Vegapunk seems to have a link to Kuma,he is from the Revolutionary Army,the WG has him as Shichibukai and i don't seem to understand why.
    The WG not knowing Kuma is a RA is strange,not possible.
    But it seems he is there as a Shichibukai to reveal their secrets,weaknesses or maybe to help the SHs.
    Sabo will have an important role on this too.
    And my lovely princess Hancock will also help at the end,but i won't see her,but i can play Pirate Warriors 3 and see her every day
    Kuma should be Dragon's trump card as a spy of the WG disguised as Shichibukai.

8. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Thats more like Caesar

9. GoldenVenus

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Nope, there's a difference. I'm not sure how to explain clearly though. Like @Mcguint said, most scientists usually only care about their work and research. That's what they live for. Caesar , since he used to work for Doflamingo, mainly focused on destructive weapons they could sell underground, and he's mad, in a different way. But Vegapunk is on another level, he should be greater than Caesar. Of course he is, he's a genius. Scientists usually would work for people who'd be willing to fund their research.

And I'm saying that Verde in KHR resembles Vegapunk a lot cos they're both mysterious, no one can really understand what they think, whether they're bad or good, whose side they're on, and why exactly they did the things they did. They're just ambiguous.

10. GoldenVenus

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Actually I thought about it before too. Does the WG or the Marine really have no suspicion at all about Kuma? Even after he openly protected Sunny at Sabaody?? Or perhaps they found out, hence why he had to make a deal with Vegapunk for the last time? Hmm that doesn't sound right either...

KKG likes this.
  11. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Kizaru said You can't trust a Shichibukai when he saw Kuma using that hand to make them disappear.
    I really didn't get that.
    He did nothing?
    Why i keep thinking Kizaru just plays with his oponents?
    At Marineford he took Luffy very light,i think.
    He gave him just a kick,if he wanted to kill him,he would shoot a beam on him.
    And Aokiji took his time hurting him in every place but vital to be hit by Marco...
    Only Akainu wanted to go for the kill.
    Sengoku and Garp were holding themselves.
    In my opinion,all of the Admirals were nice to Luffy except Akainu.
    Kuma is ally,no doubt.
    Hancock too and Vegapunk could be hidding Kuma as Pacifista 0.
    If the navy wanted to kill Luffy they had so many chances,they didn't.
    Could Kuma and some other characters even some Admirals be just a test for Luffy to see how far he can go if nobody stops him?
    This may sound crazy but i could see Mingo getting out of prison and help Luffy like Crocodile did.

GoldenVenus likes this.
  12. Badre-san

Expand Collapse

i agree with that, kizaru DF is op tbh we didn't see him goes serious yet
    about mingo helping luffy. nah it won't happend but there is a high chance that he'll get in luffy way becoming pirate king

KKG likes this.
  13. Glaze D. Bacon

The Fool
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

People seem to answer this already, so I’d just like to say that Vegapunk is NOT related to Luffy.

14. GoldenVenus

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I really like the idea of Doflamingo allying with Luffy, though I'm not sure whether it can really happen or not.

KKG likes this.
  15. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Pirate Empress-chan,i'm glad you think the same about Kizaru.
    And for @GoldenVenus too i see Mingo as a serial killer who got crazy because of his past and somehow he finds interesting these Supernovas doing damage in the balance of the world,i remember what he said in the Navy ship:
    "You will regreat to defeat me,who do you think was controlling these monsters of the New World?"
    And he also laughed about his defeat and asked the Navy for a newspaper every day.
    I see this a statement of him clearly interested in what Luffy can do,nobody has ever challenge Mingo in his kingdom until Luffy and Law got there.
    He also said to Bellamy that becoming a pirate or not,anything worked for him as long as he could destroy this world.
    Luffy is challenging WG with his wish to become the Pirate King...
    Wouldn't this be something that would reveal a great secret that could at least "shake" the world?
    If Mingo can see Luffy at Marineford after finding One Piece,he will laugh with satisfaction and i'm %100 sure he would fight for him.
    It could be just for it that Oda is keeping these dangerous enemies alive.
    I hope we can talk more about this.:D

16. Badre-san

Expand Collapse

thank you.
    the reason why i didn't agree with doflamingo helping luffy is that he did lot of unforgivable stuff
    croco is another story, he tried to start what doflamingo did. but got stopped
    so it won't be a surprise crocodile allying with luffy

KKG likes this.
  17. GoldenVenus

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Yes he does seem interested in Luffy's actions, and I actually quite agree with you that he might actually end up aiding Luffy simply because he wants to make the WG and Tenryuubito suffer.
    Sure you could probably open a thread about this or something.

KKG likes this.