1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

[VIDEO] The Truth About Toei Animation

Discussion in 'One Piece Anime' started by Pacquiao8, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The following video is made by YonkouProductions addressing viewers' complaints about the quality of One Piece anime and why it is that way. To summarize, some factors include: management/stakeholders' decisions, workforce, amount of materials being produced and time. Anyway, here's the video:

2. Glaze D. Bacon

It just works
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This was a very satisfying video to watch. I didn’t know a whole lot about how Toei handles things beforehand, but I’m glad people are finally able to see the light.

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  3. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

i don't like his voice. holy molly.
    But the content is superclear, nicely editted. 17min well spend.

dreamlovermimi and Pacquiao8 like this.
  4. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#4 KKG, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Nice video presenting the reasons why Toei's animation is so shitty but they don't need any video to show how pathetic is Luffy using haki in the New World,and this plot armor abuse since Dressrosa wich everyone doesn't like to talk about that is ruinning One Piece more than it's animation!
    Everything is worth when people want to blind us for the real problem:
    One Piece manga,the raw material.

ZakNik and dreamlovermimi like this.
  5. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Agree. At least some people can have an idea why. I'm sure most of the complainant aren't aware of those factors.

He's not a native English speaker, I guess.

I'm not sure how you want Luffy use Haki (he should have lots to improve since the series is not yet close to the end). And there are more popular literary works all over the world that relies more on plot armor. Many TV series in our country does, especially a certain very popular TV series currently airing for almost 3 years (with 700+ episodes and counting).

This thread tackles an anime problem so I think we should stick to it as much as possible, especially we're in the One Piece Anime section in order to avoid spoilers.

6. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Everything is worth when people want to blind us for the real problem
    I don't think Oda knows how can he uses it too since his Gear Balloon similar to a gorilla wasn't enough to beat
    upload_2018-6-24_19-12-51.jpeg
    A gorilla can KO an injured flamingo with a HUUUUUUUGE punch coated with haki after some loosers getting butchered by this flamingo to give time for the monkey to become the gorilla again.
    Baboons can easily kill a flamingo!
    Formula to be PK:
    Speak very loud to your enemies "I'll kick your ass",eat a ton of meat and then get bigger but stay dumb and then punch them with a rubber punch and wait for a miracle to help you,don't worry about beating the shit out of your stronger enemies because you just have to be concinving when you are beating weaklings!
    In Oda's way of thinking it's
    make your character weak and noisy to please the kids and stupid to make them laugh,the lack of power will give the opportunity to use the lovely plot armor wich japanese animation can't live without and then spam episodes with lots of useless characters like Bege and you'll be fine
    After this we complain about the animation to distract fans from the most annoying things about the series:
    Monkey D. Plotarmoruffy

You are free to think i'm wrong,i don't want to hurt your feelings but this is the truth.

7. Rexraptor

Pass on what you have learnt as a Simple Cell
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

One thing is that the video was perfectly edited and yes that's something one should notice like why the the Quality Problem but explaining everything in the span on minutes is cool.
    But when it comes to Comparing Manga and the Anime series I would tell that anime would be the only backdrop OP is having.

Thank You

Pacquiao8 likes this.