1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The first PAW of the year... Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Wano's new Monster Trio

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Admiral Ryokugyu, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone,

I'm gonna talk about One Piece's future new Monster Trio, an inevitable team-up that is way more powerful and way more badass than Luffy-Zoro-Sanji. Moreover, i'm gonna provide some evidence which might show that this real Monster Trio is what will take down Kaido in this arc. It is formed by Luffy + 2 other characters that we still haven't seen that much yet, 2 characters that are already linked to Wano.

As the majority already knows, Oda was inspired by the popular Japanese story, Momotaro, in order to write Wano arc. To keep it short, Momotaro ( yes, Oda got inspired from that name when he came up with Momonosuke ) is a boy who left his parents to fight a band of demons who attacked their land. His destination was a distant island where the demons dwell, a place called Onigashima. En route, he met 3 animals that became his allies and accompanied him to Onigashima to fight alongside him : a monkey, a dog, and a pheasant.

Now in the majority ( if not all ) of the theories that i read about this subject, people say that the pheasant represents Marco the Phoenix, and that the dog represents Inuarashi, and the monkey represents Luffy.

I agree with the third one, the monkey definitely represents Luffy. But let's talk about the two first ones. Do you really think that Oda will use such a popular Japanese story to portray a secondary character that is Inuarashi who is on par with Nekomamushi and thus isn't that special of a mink ? Do you think that Oda will use that very popular story to portray a secondary character who already had a plenty of screentime in Marineford ? It was already confirmed in Chapter 909 that Marco is NOT coming to Wano. Those of you who are familiar with Oda's writing know that there can't be something like oh Marco heard that Luffy is in danger and changed his mind. Marco said he's not coming. Period.

Another question. Why would Oda use the monkey-dog-pheasant to hint at 3 characters who can't beat Kaido even if they team up ? Luffy-Marco-Inuarashi isn't that special of a team-up at all. Inuarashi isn't a special mink, because he's on the same level as Nekomamushi and has the same authority as him, so he has nothing on him ( although Oda gave us the impression that Nekomamushi is stronger and more badass ).

Now it's gonna get more interesting. If Oda used the 3 animals from Momotaro story to represent 3 characters, then don't you think that it's unjust ? A lot of characters will be sacrificing their lives fighting Kaido alongside Momonosuke, so why would Marco, Luffy, and Inuarashi be the only ones to take credit for such a gigantic war ? Why would 3 characters take credit for a war in which a huge amount of people are participating ?

The answer is: Oda isn't actually using the monkey-dog-pheasant to tease 3 characters. Oda chose the very popular Momotaro story to make the debut of the series' most awaited team-up, and to represent the 3 Big Elements of One Piece story, the ones that Doflamingo talked about while he was chained.

The Monkey, representing Pirates :

Luffy-Hor.jpg

The Dog, representing the Navy:

garp1.png

garp2.png

The Pheasant, representing the Revolutionary Army:

dragon.jpg

Oda has already put the groundwork to make these 3 characters linked to Wano arc.

1- Luffy is already linked to the arc. ( obviously )

2- Dragon said after Dressrosa that the country manufacturing Doflamingo's weapons will be the Revolutionary Army's target. The country is Wano.

3- Just before Wano arc began, Hina told Garp that Big Mom and Kaido, who are both in Wano, are the reason why he was called the Hero of the Marines. Garp replied saying that if they were to come back, then there'll be a huge mess. So Garp is now linked to Wano because of the Rox stuff.

The three characters above share the same opponent: Kaido.

Now let's see how the Momotaro story aligns with the Wano arc :

Momotaro -- > Momonosuke, representing Wano Country with its Samurai and Ninja.
    The Monkey -- > Luffy, representing the pirates who'll be fighting Kaido in Onigashima.
    The Dog --> Garp, who'll come to Wano to settle an account from long ago.
    The Pheasant --> Dragon, representing the Revolutionary Army, who will be targeting Wano for its weapon manufacturing.

Oda said multiple times that he has always wanted to draw Wano arc. It's an arc that represents his country, and which would provide the best opportunity for him to finally give us the most anticipated team-up in the series. It's such a great way to pay tribute to his own country, and it would make perfect sense for why him and his editors have been hyping up this arc for so long.

Thank you for reading.

Marco Polo, Kyros, Kia and 8 others like this.
  2. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for posting this theory.

I was not familiar with the monkey-dog-pheasant theory but it was worth reading.

Revolutionary army might fight alongside but I am not sure of Navy teaming up.

Also it certainly looks like Blackbeard might join the party if this storyline works out.

Admiral Ryokugyu likes this.
  3. Max Rockatansky

Road Warrior
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Oh that would be a nice twist! Instead of characters it is actually factions.

4. Hallowed King

A born again hooligan only to be king again
    Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

Yeah i think this would be great if it happened.

5. Juggy

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

Nice read, thank you for posting! As @PirateKing_D_Luffy said, this story is unfamiliar to me, but nevertheless it was a great read. After recent events and BM-Kaido teaming up, the balance is completely ruined. BM wasn't the one to tip the balance. It was already on Kaido's side if you asked me. Now this gap is larger and it needs to be filled. I am not in favor of your second proposal/theory that Kaido will win this war. What would happen next? Another time-skip?

In addition, both Garp and Dragon are waiting their time to shine. It would we a great and the perfect timing to see their power in full extent. Also, the timing is perfect for lurking legend to appear. Good ol' times.

6. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Actually i keep saying this mainly out of optimism. I hated Luffy vs Katakuri outcome. It's logical from a storytelling standpoint, but i expected something better. Oda knew that Luffy will get one-shotted against Kaido, so it wouldn't be that good to make the main character lose 2 major fights in a row. That's why he went with Luffy winning, this way he won't have to worry about Luffy using against Kaido and in the same time there's no need for a Katakuri rematch. This is why i said it's logical from a storytelling standpoint.

However, the Battle of Onigashima is a different story. What i was expecting personally is that the alliance will do great in the beginning and the middle of the war, until Kaido starts taking it seriously and destroys their hopes. But now, the entire plan, the entire story, everything we've been seeing ever since Punk Hazard doesn't matter anymore. What the Straw Hats and Trafalgar Law have been planning has now been discarded with the Kaido and Big Mom alliance. All the preparations that are being made by Kin'emon and the others, all the preparations of Ashura Doji and the other samurai during 20 whole years, are now useless, because they were preparing for Kaido, not Kaido and Big Mom.

So the alliance as it is now winning the Battle of Onigashima would be totally unacceptable, even from a storytelling standpoint. As i said before, they need major allies, and by major allies i mean: Red Hair Pirates, or Blackbeard Pirates, or the Navy, or the Revolutionary Army. By the Navy i don't mean 1 Admiral, 10 vice-admirals, and soldiers, no, i mean the Fleet Admiral, the 3 Admirals, and an army of Navy soldiers bigger than the one in Marineford arc.

Having of these powerhouses as allies is the only way i can accept the alliance winning in the Battle of Onigashima.

Juggy likes this.
  7. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Preparations made against Kaido was completely sure of a victory and now with Bigmom on the side, this is seriously too much.

BigMom pirates might also join if ODA adds them to the storyline again.

However Luffy will certainly not escape with his crew! as Luffy has promised freedom and food to the people of Wano! especially Otama.

8. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Yeah this promise alone proves that Kaido will be taken down. There's no way Luffy will break such promise, that's why i wish Oda didn't write it. It's almost like a spoiler xD

9. Juggy

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

I didn't like the outcome of Luffy vs Katakuri as well. That whole arc felt like "meeh"... undefined and rushed. Well after all, you know better that there's an enormous pressure on Oda to pick up the pace with whole One Piece story. I assume that Luffy had to be a victor, to gain a certain power up (future sight) and to distinguish himself power-wise further from the group. Despite being rushed, that arc was needed as transitional. In my opinion, gap between major powerhouses and main character was too big to be bridged, so Luffy needed extra arc for growth. Even now when Luffy came one step closer (beating the 1st commander) he still needs new powerup. He became versatile with DF during the story, WCL was used for CoO and Wano will be used for CoA and perhaps for awakening, while I am assuming that CoC will be saved for the end. Taking 2 or more major powerups is too much for one arc.

Regarding alliance, I do also think, that somebody will have to step in to save the day. Alliance like this won't stand the chance. That is why I really liked your idea of Garp and Dragon being involved in the battle. It seams plausible - Garp has ties with old crews (expecting lurking legend), while weapon factories are already on Dragon's agenda. A perfect fit!

10. Marco Polo

「DREAM STATE」
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

I completely forgot about that Garp detail, but it's very interesting to see how all three generations of Monkey D.'s are tied to the current arc. With the Big Mom/Kaido alliance now confirmed, the support of Dragon's revolutionaries and Garp's faction of Marines would certainly be enough to balance the scales.

The real question, is the "common enemy" trope enough to get the Marines to work with two of the world's most wanted men AND let them get away at the end? And would Dragon accept help from the WG, even if the person leading the WG faction was his father? We know Dragon would be willing to help Luffy (and has in fact saved him before), but we don't know an awful lot about Dragon's relationship with Garp and whether they'd be able to work together.

Very interesting theory, and one I'd love to see happen!

11. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Of course. Big Mom and Kaido are threatening the entire world, including the Navy and the Revolutionary Army. The Navy won't necessarily talk to the RA or pirates and come to an agreement regarding the alliance, they mind their own business and try to stop the two Yonko alliance, and coincidentally the RA and the Wano rebellion will be doing the same, so they might share the same enemy but they're not necessarily " allies ".

Dragon and Garp relationship won't matter anymore when Kaido and Big Mom start executing their plan, or to make it worse, when the Rox captain appears again. This is not some Marineford stuff where one side is aiming to execute a pirate and the other is simply there to save him. This is far bigger in every way. This one might easily start the gigantic final war.

So if Dragon and Garp start acting like 2 butthurt little kids instead of teaming up to save the world, then they're not as serious and mature as i've been imagining them.

Marco Polo likes this.
  12. Chaudfontaine

Chaudinante Fontamingo
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

I definitly don't dislike your choices for the animals, but as I don't know the original story or characters, do these have characteristics that fit with your characters? I mean monkey is pretty obvious, but for example, is the phaesant also a mysterious being that tries to topple bad leaders?

13. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Momotaro story is very popular in Japan and yet it's not a complicated story. It's just for children. So stuff like " mysterious being that tries to topple bad leaders " has no place in such story.

for example, Momotaro was not born normally, he came out of a peach. ( that's why he's called Momotaro the Peach Boy )

14. Chaudfontaine

Chaudinante Fontamingo
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

Alright, just for checks! (I miss dog Garp tho)

15. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Donno if it was written above since i was lazy and didn't bother reading replies but... To a degree i believe your theory but add this changes...

Marco CAN'T represent pheasant. He's a phoenix, completely different bird. HOWEVER Kizaru or Aokiji is actual pheasant !

Monky - Luffy ----> Strawhats
    Dog - Inurashi ---> Minks
    Pheasant - Kizaru ----> Possible RA, or different king of Allies... we all know he ain't with Blackbeard for kills but for information,... with whom he's in alliance is still uknown.

Momonuske with strawhats, minks and Kizaru + (uknown) will take down kaido :P

P.S.:

Then again we both may be wrong and war for WANO 'll be ended by Marines ... Since Kizaru, Akainu and Aokiji are all referenced after 3 animals from Momotaro peach boy story.

16. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

I've never said Marco represents pheasant

17. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

ik. I never said u did. i just pointed out a section of your post

18. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

that would be awesome...I hope you will get this one to be truth :D I want luffy dragon meet up :D

19. ckimbrew

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Akainu - dog
    Kizaru - monkey
    Aokiji - pheasant

These three are literally considered monkey, dog, and pheasant.

So, what if Kizaru teamed up with Luffy? They’d still be missing the dog.