1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Was Whitebeard Inside of Blackbeard's Fake Body Temporarily?

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Mcguint, May 18, 2018.

1. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

#1 Mcguint, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    All right,

This is a weird one, I mean… this is one even I've seriously questioned. But, here it is...

In regard to Logia type Devil Fruit users...

1. What constitutes a Real Body?
    2. What constitutes a Fake Body?
    3. If a Devil Fruit user holds a tool can they use it with their Devil Fruit powers? A Devil Fruit accessory, if you will.
    4. Can it be said Whitebeard was inside of Blackbeard's Fake Body temporarily during the time they were under the Black Shroud?
    5. What might happen if Whitebeard just died, and Blackbeard put him inside his Body (real, or fake, I really don't think it matters at this point).

All right, what I'm suggesting here is that... it might be possible that Blackbeard, "ate" Whitebeard using his Fake Body. But, because it was a Fake Body-- after he reverted back to a Real Body, the only thing that changed was where the Devil Fruit abilities went (they transferred from Whitebeard's body to Blackbeard's body -- vessels).

Thoughts... ?

Like this.

1. Blackbeard's Real Body is his Physical Body, his normal form.
    2. Blackbeard's Fake Body is any Darkness he extends his Will to.
    3. If Blackbeard uses a Darkness Shroud (Black Shroud) to create a Dark Area, might he be able to extend the length of his body to the Darkness in the Dark Area?
    4. If true, doesn't that mean Whitebeard was inside of Blackbeard?

2. Kevz

Yuuzume’s little brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Ohhhh interesting so somebody ate me dang I just wanted to die bro

3. Glaze D. Bacon

OH! MY! GOD!
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I doubt that would’ve been the case. Although darkness can be extended beyond Blackbeard’s body, it doesn’t really count as “fake”, much less a body at all. You could say the space under the cover was his “domain.”

Storm chaser likes this.
  4. Badre-san

Expand Collapse

i dont think so. bb had a special body like marco said. dosen't mean he can stock the others souls. it probably has to do with he's DF

Storm chaser likes this.
  5. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

#5 Mcguint, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Well, here's the thing. I view all Logia type abilties as being extensions of the user's own body.

Ace's fire, Aokiji's Ice, Akainu's Magma, Kizaru's light.. all of it are extensions of their own body.

And they can control it when its not attached to their bodies.

So, I'm thinking Blackbeard does actually have a Fake Body. But, it works on a different functional level beyond the scope of other Logia fruits.

It's not like Darkness is solid, fluid, or gaseous. So, changing states that way doesn't really work.

But he's still a Darkness Man working under the same basic laws the other Logia's work under.

---

Truly, though. I would want to agree about the Darkness under the Dark Shroud being, "Blackbeard's Domain". But, it leaves out one thing I feel is really important-- the part about it also being part of his body. If you remove that part of it, then the explanation about the transference technique becomes more difficult to explain.

I can certainly see why we have differing opinions on that, though. We have very different thoughts about how things work.

Mosshead and Marco Polo like this.
  6. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Nice theory. Reminds me of young Linlin and Carmel.

7. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

Whitebeard was in... the Darkness.
    Blackbeard is.... the Darkness.

Whitebeard was in Blackbeard. Case closed.

Might it really be that simple?

Marco Polo likes this.
  8. Marco Polo

一番
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

9. Kia

Kia
    Wacky weeb witch
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I mean if that’s the case, why didn’t his darkness keep the devil fruit powers he/it absorbed from other users? Because Blackbeard completely absorbed both Ace and Luffy’s powers previously so shouldn’t they have stayed in the new vessel once they were eaten by the darkness? Or does the theory presuppose that the original host is dead and/or completely enveloped?

10. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

Short answer... the theory proposes that the original user must be dead in order for the abilities to permanently remain with a separate vessel. However, they can be temporarily absorbed through contact.

An explanation... I believe there is a process of metamorphosis which occurs in every Devil Fruit user that fundamentally alters their electromagnetic fields (bio-fields)

However, there is a distinct difference between what occurred with Blackbeard and what occurred with other Devil Fruit users. Instead of gaining a specific set of electromagnetic wavelengths in a similar way to the others~~ he gained the ability to reduce all of those wavelengths to nothingness, meaning he reverts peoples bio-fields back to their original state by using the gravitational forces of Darkness to trap Divine Light (light radiation) inside of a space with no dimension (Darkness can also be called The Void). But, since his body is The Void~~ he traps it inside his own body.

However, the moment he stops subjecting his opponents bio-field to his own~~ he loses the connection to the energy produced within their bodies and can no longer use them. That is, until he breaks their bodies and allows that radiation to come out without being anchored to their soul anymore.

I believe the soul is the basis for the electromagnetic activity which naturally occurs in living organisms~~ Willpower/Haki/Life Force Energy~~ it's what constitutes the bio-field around their bodies. The Devil Fruit is integrated into the Soul, and becomes connected to the Body through this manner.

In conclusion, Blackbeard cannot steal a Devil Fruit ability unless the original Devil Fruit user is dead (because the Devil Fruit is anchored to their Soul).

Kia likes this.
  11. Marco Polo

一番
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Okay I'm actually going to do a proper written response to this now

It took a little while to understand exactly what the term "Fake body" meant, but this explained it pretty well:

It's not a fake body in the sense that he's using a literal decoy or a stunt double, but that the darkness that Blackbeard produces from his fruit is an extension of his body that he can control as if it were part of him (since it technically is), which makes sense. I'm not sure "fake body" is the most concise term, but it kind of works.

I think this is actually a really solid interpretation of the "Blackbeard ate Whitebeard's fruit with the power of the Yami Yami no Mi" theories that have been out there, and one that definitely makes sense in context of the series. Since it's not a particularly in-depth piece, there's not all that much to pick at but the idea presented here certainly seems logical based on what we know of Blackbeard's power.

12. Ebony Rustle

Expand Collapse

#12 Ebony Rustle, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    I don't know if these were inspired by scientific concepts, but just to be sure, I'm going to back up and adjust certain points in your theory with such. Why? Because I'm bored.

1) Instead of BB's df having the innate ability to revert other df users' "bio-fields", I think it's more accurate to say that it has the ability to simply absorb similar to a black body. So what is a black body? A black body (example: a black hole) is an ideal physical body that can absorb any electromagnetic radiation. To serve as a simple but indirect analogy, imagine each df user as a jigsaw puzzle piece wherein no two pieces have a side that can fit with each other. BB's df, however, is unique in a way because it has a finite number of sides (assuming df fruits are limited in number) that can fit with any other df in existence.

2) Darkness, in the astrophysical sense of dark matter, have not yet been proven to have any gravitational properties despite being implied in certain observations of the phenomenon. So your concept of the "gravitational forces of Darkness" then is, in itself, entirely subjective but, nevertheless, acceptable.

3) Lastly, your concept of BB's body being constituted by darkness, where darkness = the Void and the Void = space with no dimensions, is partially true because if we look at the center of a black hole (aka the singularity), it is described to be one-dimensional. But if we take out the concept of time, which in this case is possible because BB is not necessarily a true black hole, it can be considered as zero-dimensional just like you said.

Disclaimer: I am, by no means, an expert in science, especially in the field of astrophysics. My relatively sufficient interest and intermittent bursts of curiosity serve as the only motivators that I have in knowing more about it, with google and a few knowledgeable friends being my source of info. Thus, if anyone wishes to correct anything in this post, please feel free to do so.

:kizaru:

13. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

#13 Mcguint, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    I would say a lot of my ideas have two sides to it, one that is based in reality and one that is not. Religious concepts that blend themselves with science. So, mysticism and science. Pseudo-science, in many cases.

So, when I talk about darkness there's actually a number of ways to look at it. From the mystic perspective, it is primordial in nature because it existed since the beginning of the universe. Primordial energy comes in two forms~~ Primordial Light, and Primordial Darkness. This relates to metaphysical concepts that go beyond natural law.

Where it concerns actual science is where I believe natural laws are in place, and I do not believe they always will be in place because in mysticism there's ideas that override them (muting universal laws; some of which are immutable). Actually, this is the aspect I believe allows for otherwise impossible things to occur.

For example, Oda likes to talk about Circular Energy...

"Hey!! You there, sit down!! Now listen!! Everyone lives in circles!! The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth all spin in circles!! And!! If the Earth suddenly stopped spinning!! The planet would be covered in tidal waves!! It would be terrible!! Now remember that Sanji's eyebrow channels that same powerful circular energy!! Reflect upon this!! You may go!!" -- Eiichiro Oda

One of the Universal Laws is the following:

The Law of Vibration: this Universal Law states that everything in the Universe moves, vibrates, and travels in circular patterns. The same principles of vibration in the physical world apply to our thoughts, feelings, desires, and wills in the Etheric world. Each sound, thing, and even thought has its own vibrational frequency, unique unto itself.

I believe the common relationship between these two lines of thought is that they may be referring to Universal Forces~~ electromagnetic and gravitational wavelength patterns.

To me, it seems like Primordial Light and Primordial Darkness created The Colors of Haki.

---

I kind of rambled a little here. I just wanted to explain a little more about what I believe a body constituted by darkness would seem to indicate.