1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. Our One Piece User Tournament is back. Join the fun now!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

"Weak" DF, Strong User

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by Grin, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Grin

Talentless
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

So something I've been thinking of is the scale of "power" for both DFs and users, but sometimes the two don't quite align. The most famous example of this is Luffy, naturally. A Rubber DF doesn't sound all that impressive if you've not seen everything he does with it, right?

So for the purposes of this thread, I want you guys to pick DFs you think are bad and then come up with a user who makes them look great. Here's mine:

DF: Guru Guru no Mi
    User: Roronoa Zoro

I don't think anyone was very impressed when they saw Guru Guru no Mi in Dressrosa, used by Buffalo while he was assisting Baby 5. Some of you were probably too busy ogling at Baby 5 to even realize he was there, with his rather unique DF. I'll do this in parts. First I'll explain to you what the DF does, and how the original user used it. Then I'll tell you my idea on how it could be better used by a stronger fighter.

[​IMG]
    So to start off, Guru Guru no Mi (Spin Spin Fruit) gives the user the ability to transform parts of their body into "propellers". This extends to both the body parts of the user and even any clothing worn by them. The force of this spin is strong enough to give them the ability to fly and hover in the air. The user is also capable of creating powerful windstorms.
    An opponent with sufficient strength (i.e, stronger than the user) is capable of stopping this spinning motion. They suffer the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
    When used by Buffalo in Dressrosa, he mainly acted as support to Baby 5 and her Buki Buki no Mi, a more impressive DF. He was seen propelling himself in the air to act as a platform for her to ride on, dispersing gas clouds with his windstorms and boosting Baby 5's speed after she transformed into a missile with Buki Buki.

Now then, to tell you of my own ideas for this fruit. Zoro hardly needs a DF. But what this DF offers I could see giving him access to some advantages when it comes to swordplay. First, but not least so, he would gain the ability to fly. This doesn't sound like much, but it does come with its uses. For one, he can position himself in places he could not have formerly. Secondly, he could fire off his Pound Phoenixes from the air.
    Let's think of some other uses. He could transform his wrists into propellers to use his swords as buzzsaws. He could turn his neck into one with a sword in his mouth to do the same. He could rotate his waist for an area of effect attack, becoming a whirldwind of death.
    Hell, the first thing I thought of when I saw this DF was "why doesn't Buffalo use a sword"? And let's not forget about the windstorms. If we can assume the power of rotation is not fixated, but rather depends on the strength of the user, Zoro could surely muster a stronger force. He could push his opponents way into the distance without even touching them, or possibly sucking them towards him in a reverse motion, delivering a cut that cannot be dodged.

That was my idea for a stronger user of "Guru Guru no Mi". Now I'd like to hear yours.
    [​IMG]

Twelve, Seiryu, Egameca and 2 others like this.
  2. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

@Grin ..it also gives Oda a scope for adding Humour for the fans ....like Imagine everytime after completing a complete body spin Zoro is lost...:fuckyeah:

Twelve and Grin like this.
  3. Tony

Unknown Member
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Giants are something fun to play around with regardjng devil fruit powers so lets take the biggest living creature we have seen so far: San Juan Wolf (the big fish dude in Blackbeard’s crew). Imagine him with the Pika Pika no Mi (Kizaru’s fruit) or the Ton Ton no Mi (Machvise’s fruit) or a random Zoan (giant animals?).

Some other’s that came to my mind:

• Jinbei with Señor Pink’s fruit
    • Anyone remotely smart with Foxy’s fruit
    • Big Mom with Wapol’s fruit
    • Hachi with Daz Bone’s fruit (now that i think of it, Daz Bone’s fruit would make San Juan OP as well).
    Edit: forgot the “weak devil fruit” in the title sorry

Grin likes this.
  4. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

Well,since you used my favorite one piece character for an example,I'll use yours for mine to return the favor.So let's talk about Usopp.The combination I'm going with is Usopp + Giro Giro No Mi (Glare Glare Fruit).
    The reason why the Giro Giro fruit would suit and be an asset to Usopp is already pretty obvious since he's a sniper.But in his case,we don't even need to imagine it,there has already been an example of this combination when Viola was watching Sugar with her clairvoyance and helped Usopp snipe her by describing the landscape to him and giving him a clear target.
    1.png
    Of course,if Usopp was the user of the fruit,the information would be more reliable since he would be able to see all of that by himself,thus making his shots more accurate.It is true that his observation haki will eventually play that role in the future,but at least for now it'd be a pretty great asset to Usopp,or any other Sniper with sufficient skill for that matter.Not to mention it's make Usopp a better investigator/analyst.
    p.txt.jpg

Mosshead likes this.
  5. Pacquiao8

62-7-2 (39 KO)
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Franky with Hana Hana no Mi.

6. KKG

KKG
    I hate every haters of the anime in my avatar
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

7. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

I think most are weak at a glance. Mochi? Smoothies? Crackers? Strings? Sand

So on and so on

8. Erandel

Expand Collapse

I was going to try and give the jacket jacket fruit to someone, but that devil fruit is really only useful in Kelly Funk's very rare circumstances.

9. Marco Polo

「MISTA TWELVE」
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

Can I say Luffy since he's made a weak DF strong already?

Give a top tier O-Haki user (e.g. Katakuri, Rayleigh) Buggy's DF and watch them wreck every swordsman in existence

10. Mosshead

Expand Collapse

Zoro with buggys fruit
    or
    Usopp with Baby 5 or Violas fruit.

11. lucci

Expand Collapse

i'd give shanks hito hito no mi (chopper's fruit) just so that buggy gets his revenge xDD