1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. Our One Piece User Tournament is back. Join the fun now!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Weird dreams

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Mapache, May 31, 2015.

1. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

Anyone ever have "work dreams" where you feel like you're working then wake up exhausted, only to have to go to work?!
    Those should be constituted as "nightmares" :eek:

Sous Chef Sanji likes this.
  2. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Thatch was in my dream. :D Haha it was awsome, and weird. When I woke up I was thinking, why did that guy seem so familiar, until I remembered.

Edinbour likes this.
  3. AkainuWrrshiprr

One f*cked up Canuck
    Expand Collapse

@Thatch

On another note, I've been having really weird dreams lately that I want to say are just dreams but they're just too creepy to disregard.
    One interesting (l use the term loosely) dream I had a while back was this one where I woke up paralyzed and heard whispers from what sounded like a woman but I could only make out the last word she said, which was "dark".
    In this other dream I had recently, I was babysitting two babies that belonged to an unknown party, and they were really small for some reason. They were about the size of a water bottle. Somewhere in the dream they went to sleep and I was picking one up (it was lying face down) and turning it over gently, and as I saw its face it gave out an ear piercing scream, so then I reflexively tightened my hand around it in shock, which caused it to choke and die. And then the rest of the dream was me panicking then I eventually woke up :^)

4. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

That dream sounds really creepy.

Hahah sorry, not forum Thatch.

This one.
    [​IMG]

5. Thatch

Expand Collapse

Wait what ..

6. Thatch

Expand Collapse

I'm not sure to be releaved or creeped out. I stumbled into the wrong thread CLEARLY. * begins to run *

7. Hanasaki

Expand Collapse

#227 Hanasaki, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    I started documenting some of my wildest dreams last year, so I'll share some here. The last one is short, but I included it because it contains a One Piece reference:

The dream starts off at a lowland area filled with tiny islands. I am there with Chris Pratt and a nameless Korean girl with long black hair who I will proceed to call Ji-eun. The three of us are driving in a jeep when suddenly we start getting chased by a T-rex. It is roaring at us and we are whipping through the islands(which are apparently surrounded by very shallow water), until suddenly we take a massive jump where we all hold onto the jeep to stay inside.

Ji-eun isn't so lucky and ends up flying up towards the rex. The dinosaur is about to eat her, but suddenly she turns into an Ankylosaurus, apparently as a result of an unknown curse. The jeep continues on to a conveniently located abandoned warehouse, where Chris and I watch in horror as Ankylosaurus-ified Ji-eun takes on the menacing T-rex on a sandy island barely big enough to hold them.

The rex is eventually defeated, and we're left trying to undo Ji-eun's curse. She gets into the warehouse somehow, where she and Pratt share an emotional moment. I got the feeling they were related somehow, but wondered if it was more than that. The next moment went by rather quickly, and was just a summation that somehow Ji-eun was cured of the curse, and Pratt was never seen again(as far as the dream is concerned).

A few days later I am at my parents' home talking about the ordeal. We're in the backyard where I routinely see jets overhead on their eastward descent to the Montréal airport. But today I saw something different: a smaller craft that looked like the space shuttle, except it was pure black. It was descending like the jets, but heading north. My dad starts yelling and running around in circles(quite literally), as I see a tall shadow in the distance.

It was a large cylinder, round like a bullet on top and rising about 3-4 metres off the ground, though it was only about 20 cm wide. It appeared to made of stainless steel sticking out of the ground in front of the old barn. Not long after I noticed the first one, others started appearing; some that were already there that I was just noticing, and others randomly popping out of the ground in different places.

I run to safety in the yard with my parents, though it doesn't seem safe as the objects are popping up even here. We then hear the sound of engines as a surprising amount of cars start speeding down the road(which seems impossible as it's a dead end road, but it IS a dream). One of the cars swerves and drives through our fence and stops just in front of us. The driver yells "we have to get out of here!" before backing back onto the road and disappearing whilst his front door remains on the ground in front of me.

My parents and I don't know what they're running from, but decide that we better go too. The car seems to be gone, so we try to get into one of the passing vehicles. For awhile they just drive past ignoring us, before a blue pick-up stops and I hop into the back where another person already is.

And then...I either time-shift again, or I'm walking out of what appears to be a supermarket in what had apparently been a virtual reality ruse to get all the people out of my neighbourhood. I'm now in a crowd of people watching this businesswoman give a press release, before closing big doors in front of her while I watch on confused at what had just happened.

I wake up what seems like a few seconds later, but it could very well be years. My parents are no longer present, but Ji-eun is back, though now she has short hair. She walks me around a vast, apparently Asian city that I had never seen before, until I notice a few familiar features, notably the three-story tall wall of cedar trees that is behind my parents' home in the real world. There is also a peculiar out-of-place road that has not been paved and instead has cars driving over dirt before returning to city streets. This dirt road, in relation to the cedars, corresponds perfectly to where my garden should have been.

At that point I realize that my home and presumably neighbourhood had been seized, paved over, and apparently taken over by the Chinese. And not only that, but Ji-eun is now the heir to this Chinese Empire(despite her being Korean).

I am obviously shocked by learning this, so I, now by myself, wander the streets wondering how all of this could have happened. I bump into another nameless character, a handsome Japanese guy who I will name Natsu(because I can). We seem to know each other, and I'm glad to see a familiar face in the middle of this mess. He then claims that he can arrange a meeting with the Chinese Emperor(who I learn is a woman), and I jump at the opportunity to discuss what has happened to my home.

Not long after I am in southern China in what is today Guangdong province, though from looking at a map of the country I see that the provinces are all different in this world. Anyway I'm about to meet the Queen(a title I randomly started using to refer to the Emperor of China), when I am informed that I will actually be meeting Ji-eun instead. I am enraged, walking out of the palace with no intention to meet with the princess when I came such a long way to see the queen.

Apparently still in China, I meet Natsu again in what appears to be a supermarket. He is quite obviously angry at the fact that I walked out of the meeting that he so kindly arranged for me. We get into a shouting match, and he suddenly comes up with some crazy logic as to why they had to take over my neighbourhood. According to him, with open fields like mine only fruits and vegetables could be grown, so it had to be paved over to make room for factories, because people prefer synthetic pineapple juice over real pineapples anyway. He then starts throwing bottles of pineapple juice at me, and a few other things that were sitting on the self. I cry and tell him to stop, but he is just so upset over pineapple juice and continues throwing things.

The next thing I know, I am awake, and having actually remembered one of the craziest dreams I have ever had, I decide to write it down so I can laugh at it later. xD

It starts off which a jeep driving along a cliff side. There are 3-4 people in it, and I believe they're all the original cast of Jurassic Park, sans Ian Malcolm(who I've erroneously called Ian Keller in the dream) who is out "doing some field work." The characters discuss how much the place has changed over the years, with one(Laura Dern's character) wondering if it has changed enough.

As they near their destination, I now see a large field of grass with a cream-coloured pick-up truck driving through it slowly. When it stops, Ian comes out and starts sneaking through the grass. It doesn't take long before I realize he's watching the movements of another man further ahead. This other man is a hunter and appears to based on Muldoon, again from the original Jurassic Park. But instead of hunting Velociraptors, he's hunting a large male deer....but instead of a gun, he's got a large, impossible-to-carry tree in his hand which he intends to stab the deer with using the roots.

Ian watches this, unbeknownst to the stupidity of the situation, and is about to make a move on the man before someone else(who is currently off-screen) grabs him from behind. Ian is then gagged and tied to a rope leading into the distance. The grass is rustling loudly as I see the pick-up rushing towards Ian's position, until it finally plows over him. The truck then decapitates him, as I can now see a bloody ball, thankfully covered in rope so it wasn't as graphic as I feared.

I'm then back with the crew in the jeep, who are at this facility which seems to be a museum fused with a retirement residence. They are sitting at a table by the window, and are now accompanied by an older couple. One of them begins to wonder why Ian is not there yet, when suddenly a series of shurikens start slashing through the window. There is mayhem as glass flies everywhere and the people run to safety. The old couple say they have to find a room with no windows, and run into the cellar. As for the others, they run into another room(which ironically has more windows but they don't seem to care), and someone shouts "why is this happening?" There is then a close-up of Alan Grant, who says "he has finally come to get his revenge."

I'm now transported to London, England, where it is quite literally a dark and stormy night. There is an open sewar drain, and in it I see a plethora of reptilian creatures, presumably referencing a snake pit. Out jumps two Velociraptors(similar to those from Jurassic Park, but slightly shorter and chubbier), along with a man. His face seems distorted, and he is hard to see in the rain, but I can tell he is the guy looking for revenge that Alan was talking about. He begins to make an evil villain laugh as he sets "his creations" out on the world. I then get a better look of the dinosaurs, and realize that they are actual hybrids of different species. Most have Velociraptor-like bodies, but they also have Pteranodon wings, and heads belonging to different dinosaur species, with the ones I notice being a Triceratops and an Ankylosaurus. There is also another one off-screen that I never see, aside from a shadow which reveals it is bigger than all the others. I then hear a roar that is reminiscent of the Tyrannosaurus from the movie.

The next scene presumably comes from the next morning, where a young couple are arguing. The guy(who I will call Trevor) has curly brown hair and resembles a guy I went to high school with, and the other is a Muslim girl with a purple and grey hijab(who I will call Maya). Maya is upset with Trevor because he never spends time with her anymore, and suggests they should end their relationship. Trevor says that he is busy with his work, but he promises that that will soon no longer be a problem. He also promises to meet Maya at the museum/retirement residence later for some presentation she is giving, and the two part ways on good terms.

Trevor now returns to his work, which seems to involve both robotics and genetics. He and his colleagues are all sitting around this large table where cybernetic arms are being placed into a blue-green liquid. Trevor seems fixated on the results, which are not explicitly stated, when he receives a video message from Maya. She is at the museum and her presentation is about to begin, and she is disappointed that Trevor has seemingly forgot about it(which he had). Trevor apologizes and proceeds to run out the door.

Trevor is then seen running along the Thames in London, when he notices three large birds flying through the Tower Bridge. They are the Velociraptor hybrids from earlier, and they are flying towards a large island further upstream. Trevor knows this to be where Maya is, as the museum is on the island. Panic ensues.

...And then I woke up. There is a slight chance the dream will continue another night, and a slimmer chance that I will remember it as vividly as this one. But I hope I do. xD

I had a very weird and interesting dream last night. I can't remember all of it unfortunately, but here's what I can recall:

The "origin story" is lost, but it basically ends with me being part of a team of people who are investigating dreams and the theoretical idea that people can communicate with each other through their dreams. I'm currently in a high-rise apartment somewhere in Europe, living with a roommate who in retrospect seems to be a mesh of people I used to live with in the real world.

I don't recall much from this part of the dream, but it eventually shifts to an advertisement for a travel company, which could be a television commercial or else a dream within a dream. There is a woman somewhere in Italy, and she's speaking in that fake, cheerful TV voice while she heads towards a travel agency on the street. She then introduces us to "the tallest in the business," as a ten-foot tall woman in an orange dress steps out of the building. The two then walk down the street and continue their reporting about the area.

Meanwhile I reappear in a hotel room in Moscow, along with a group of people from my dream investigation team. Again, there were some antics in this part that I just can't can't remember, but the gist is that we did not get along with the other tenants, likely due to the things we were working on. It isn't long before some Russian soldiers march into the building and point guns at us. My team and several "innocents" are in a row against the wall while the soldiers try to determine who to take away with them. Some of the others(who we thought hated us) are now sticking up for us, but it is ultimately to no avail as they end up taking us away.

It now jumps to a month or so later. I have been deported to Canada, but the rest of my team are locked up in a Siberian prison. I, desperate to get them back, continue the dream research on my own.

I somehow enlist the help of Blake Lively(or possibly her character from Gossip Girl; I'm unsure as she never explicitly stated her name). Anyway the two of us successfully end up in the same dream, and I remember saying it has to be Blake's dream because we're in an old mall and everyone is dressed extremely well.

In the same mall I find an old rotary phone with which I use to contact a friend of mine in the Siberian prison. We're both asleep yet we're communicating through our dreams from opposite sides of the world, thus making our project a success! Unfortunately my friend isn't too happy about it, as he informs me that he won't be leaving the prison for at least ten years. I try to convince him that I will get him out, as I begin planning a way to get back into Russia.

At this point I wake up twice, both from the dream and from the dream within a dream. Hopefully I'm in reality this time. xD

I had another weird dream last night that I only partially remember. In it I was walking down this nearby road that passes through a dense forest on its way to the city. Just before entering I spotted a little boy playing with a ball followed by an anthropomorphic lion-man. I later find out that this stretch of road has now become a portal to a world that looks just like ours except for one notable difference, that being that it's populated with these anthropomorphic people, which I assume are based off the Mink tribe from One Piece. I don't remember much about what happens next, except for a few random images, such as a dog-man who I assume is a security guard fast asleep on a chair outside the laundromat.

I don't think I've ever had a "normal" dream in my life, haha.

Storm chaser likes this.
  8. Twelve

Trippin'
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

I had a dream that I was younger (15-17 years old) and was a member of a small tribe somewhere. I was the target for bullying (for some reason). Everyone near my age would pick on me everyday (e.g. throwing stones, throwing buckets of water, putting insects on my clothes, beating me up with a stick). Everyone was a bully except for a kind guy who always stops the other people when they're doing something to me. This guy happened to be @Grin. I was starting to develop feelings for him but then one day, I saw him looking at a small girl who seemed to be an important member of the village. After that sighting, I began to notice him "stalking" this small girl (Hinata to Naruto style) who seems to be an important member of the village. I decided to give up on him by then.

Christina Choi, Grin and Storm chaser like this.
  9. Marco Polo

*piano intensifies*
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

Twelve x Grin relationship arc confirmed for Aporia v2

10. Grin

Talentless
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

Made my day

Twelve likes this.
  11. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

I had a few interesting dreams at our cabin.
    The best was this game dream.

It was like a real life game, we people were the player, and you had this ability, just 1 tought. It could be anything, like one dude could pull out a fire stake out of nowhere and vield fire.
    You could die in the game, and that meant death in real life too, or being severly hurt etc.
    There was houses in the shape of square, and in the middle was a gigantic pool. It was a boss fight, 3 vs. 3.
    My power hadnt awoke yet, so I could only be a bystander. But I had to run away from the bosses, or they would kill me.
    The gigantic pool had a big vortex in the water, it name was Tritonius. That name is from a story in donald duck I just read.
    The bosses were Kraken, Minotaurus, and some firery big monster.
    There was also this mysterious demon dude, just standing by and watching the fight.
    Sadly, I woke up without knowing my power, or how the fight did go. :D

Dreamer, Date Damon and Edinbour like this.
  12. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

I don't know why that made me laugh so hard xD

Date Damon and Storm chaser like this.
  13. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Maby he was a mod. :----D

Edinbour and Date Damon like this.
  14. Date Damon

Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Man, I haven't had any dreams in a while. When I open my eyes, it's already morning... I prefer it to stay like this though.

dreamlovermimi likes this.
  15. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

One of my brother never remembers his dreams either. I wouldnt want that. I love them. :D

Date Damon likes this.
  16. Date Damon

Supernova
    Expand Collapse

it's a good thing for me. By not having/remembering any dream, I can avoid unpleasant dreams but of course I'm gonna miss good ones as well. Fair trade, though.

17. dreamlovermimi

Zoro's Main Chick
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Recently i haven't been remembering dreams but i do and always will remember childhood weird dreams like me falling from the top of the Empire State Building in NYC LOL

18. Grin

Talentless
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

w-we're not demons!

Storm chaser likes this.
  19. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Of course not mestari. You are all very nice & friendly.

[​IMG]

Edinbour likes this.
  20. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

I've had at least 5 in the past 2 days but I forget them as soon as I use the Potty.. I should start keeping a 'Dream Journal'

Anyone of y'all keep one? :nomouth: